November 23, 2017, 06:25:26 AM

Author Topic: *UPDATE* 5D Mark III Sighting?  (Read 129856 times)

K-amps

• EOS-1D X Mark II
Re: 5D Mark III Sighting?
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 03:41:25 PM »
6,144 × 4,096 EXIF data... if no PP, does it make a it a 25mp sensor? 1mp more than Sony/Nikon  ;).

So is it the 5d3 or 7d2?

Must be 5D mkIII because I can't see a 7D coming out without a popup flash to control current flashes.   It is quite common to change the camera model in the EXIF for pre-production models, however the images are typically down-resed to match the older model.

I may be having a senior moment here :D but the exif data is for the guy who shot the Canon employee - he has nothing to do with the field test, just happened to be in Africa.... ??

It is I who had the senior moment   :-\. Thanks for covering Craig .

I realized the boo boo an deleted the post but by then there were 4 drafts quoted with it already... Live and learn.
EOS-80D & Pentax K1
EF Mount Rok 14mm F2.8; ∑ 24-105mm F4 A; 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; 100-400mm L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; 100mm L F/2.8
Pentax D-FA 15-30 F2.8 & 28-105mm

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 03:41:25 PM »

CowGummy

• EOS M5
    • www.smrphotoart.com
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »
I predict this thread to reach 20 pages in about 24 hours...
 ;D ;D ;D
5DmkIV   |  50 f/1.4  |  24-105L f/4  |  135L f/2  |  70-200L f/2.8 IS II  |  100L f2.8 IS Macro  |  430exII

CowGummy

• EOS M5
    • www.smrphotoart.com
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
... maybe make that 2 hours...
 8)
5DmkIV   |  50 f/1.4  |  24-105L f/4  |  135L f/2  |  70-200L f/2.8 IS II  |  100L f2.8 IS Macro  |  430exII

Craig Richardson

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • In the Circle of Confusion
    • Craig Richardson Photography
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
Pity the photographer didn't just take a snap of the camera strap - much quicker way to ID the camera. I mean, it could have said EOS 5D Mark III ;)

You dont think canon would have been stupid enough to make it THAT easy for people to spot now do ya?   ;D

I don't know, they "forgot" that the 1Ds Mark III does not shoot 25.2 megapixel images (6144x4096) when they were doctoring the EXIF data!
Toronto based Photographer and IT Consultant
@c_richardson       www.CraigRichardson.ca

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • AW Photography
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
I believe this is a Canon employee being shot by another Canon employee (with a 5D mk III as well) for a controlled leak to hype up the camera.   Why would Canon charter a safari outing with the public when they could just easily go on private outing?

That was my first impression, too.  6 pages of feedback in an hour, from 1 forum!

Maybe the 'Rate' button is for built-in intervalometer???  I really doubt it... but the 5D is supposed to be the artist, and the 7D the athlete, right?  Seems more like something you'd have a custom menu for though, if built in.

Just a thought but when we're out taking pictures, shouldn't we be.. umm... taking pictures?  Not rating pictures?  I would think there's plenty of time for that after your done taking pictures on the computer... Just saying. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L IS, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 2 430EX 2's and a partridge in a pear tree.

IWLP

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2012, 03:44:05 PM »
Another observation I haven't seen noted in this thread:

In this image (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2mLjiVCsv3k/Tx2ZBBH9XxI/AAAAAAAAAFo/Q6ywYBm_DUM/s1600/_B3J8582.jpg), the remaining frame count appears to have moved, and it appears to me that it reads (1577). From what I know, the 5D II tops out at 999, with the frame count in another location. And the image's top LCD seems very different from what I'm used to.

Am I crazy? (Well, probably, yes, but oh, well).

FYI
I'm *this* close to switching to Nikon! I swear - I'll do it! Maybe next month, or in a week, or when they release the D ... oh, look a shiny thing!

awinphoto

• AW Photography
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
Pity the photographer didn't just take a snap of the camera strap - much quicker way to ID the camera. I mean, it could have said EOS 5D Mark III ;)

You dont think canon would have been stupid enough to make it THAT easy for people to spot now do ya?   ;D

I don't know, they "forgot" that the 1Ds Mark III does not shoot 25.2 megapixel images (6144x4096) when they were doctoring the EXIF data!

When shooting raw, once your in the conversion software and you upscale the picture in DPP or photoshop, does the created tiff file have the original resolution or the new converted resolution?
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L IS, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 2 430EX 2's and a partridge in a pear tree.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »

epsiloneri

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
Not related to the subject of the images but looking at the EXIF the camera is identified as a 1DS3 but the original resolution is 6,144 × 4,096. Not 1Ds3 resolution. Fishy?
http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.canonrumors.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F01%2FB3J.jpg
Can someone explain why the EXIF of the image of the prototype camera matters?

I think DavidRiesenberg thought it susipicious that a camera identifying itself as 1Ds3 has a non-1Ds3 original resolution. The implication being, I think, that the image might have been tampered with.

ers811

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
I believe this is a Canon employee being shot by another Canon employee (with a 5D mk III as well) for a controlled leak to hype up the camera.   Why would Canon charter a safari outing with the public when they could just easily go on private outing?

That was my first impression, too.  6 pages of feedback in an hour, from 1 forum!

Maybe the 'Rate' button is for built-in intervalometer???  I really doubt it... but the 5D is supposed to be the artist, and the 7D the athlete, right?  Seems more like something you'd have a custom menu for though, if built in.

Just a thought but when we're out taking pictures, shouldn't we be.. umm... taking pictures?  Not rating pictures?  I would think there's plenty of time for that after your done taking pictures on the computer... Just saying.

Absolutely, I was just talking about possibly an intervalometer... aka take a pic every 10 seconds for a time-lapse.  But the more I think about it, it's hard to imagine dedicating a button to that.

sjaudio

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
I'm just curious as to how many people here actually bothered reading the article this post materialized from?   The photographer clearly states that he (Stephen Oachs) was on a shoot in Africa when he ran across the other photographer also doing the same.  That photographer identified himself as a Canon employee (Stephen is not) who was field testing two new lenses.  According to said employee, the 200-400 will be release in March or April.

The camera was not discussed and Stephen didn't notice the irregularities until later.  Seriously guys, before you go down the rabbit hole, at least read the original post if for no other reason than there are more photos of the new gear.

ers811

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
I'm just curious as to how many people here actually bothered reading the article this post materialized from?   The photographer clearly states that he (Stephen Oachs) was on a shoot in Africa when he ran across the other photographer also doing the same.  That photographer identified himself as a Canon employee (Stephen is not) who was field testing two new lenses.  According to said employee, the 200-400 will be release in March or April.

The camera was not discussed and Stephen didn't notice the irregularities until later.  Seriously guys, before you go down the rabbit hole, at least read the original post if for no other reason than there are more photos of the new gear.

The camera in question currently does not exist (in stores).  It is:

1  A hoax
2.  A new camera in testing

Either way, it's a rumor site.  I'm having fun!  :)

zazamiii

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
It is not the first Canon Safari in Kenya:

http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/review/canon/eos1dsmark3/african-safari-kenya.html

"The Canon EOS Safari trip coincided with 20 years of EOS; a unique memorable moment in the digital world!"

They even  had one of the first EOS 1Ds Mark III models...

Now, the ppl to contact are http://www.canon.co.uk/contact_us/canon_europe_middle_east_and_africa_offices/canon_contacts/kenya.aspx

awinphoto

• AW Photography
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »

Absolutely, I was just talking about possibly an intervalometer... aka take a pic every 10 seconds for a time-lapse.  But the more I think about it, it's hard to imagine dedicating a button to that.

I'd be open to the idea of an intervalometer... but I want a flash controller more..  =)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »

Craig Richardson

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • In the Circle of Confusion
    • Craig Richardson Photography
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »

Yes, but this begs the question as to how Stephen Oachs was shooting with a 25.2 megapixel 1Ds MK iii?
Toronto based Photographer and IT Consultant
@c_richardson       www.CraigRichardson.ca

well_dunno

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »

The original post and the images seem to be coming from  Stephen W. Oachs (http://www.stephenoachs.com)

Oh well...

I do not think we would be seeing these images if Canon did not want us to anyway...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:00:04 PM by well_dunno »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »