Quick & dirty comparison for 7D, 5D Mark II, and this spotted model.Judging from that picture, it looks much more like a 7D II than a 5D III.
Of this new model:
In favor of the 7D comparison:
- On/off button placement is identical to the 7D, different from 5D.
- M-fn button on top identical placement on 7D, absent on the 5D II.
- Same lock button as 7D, different from 5D.
- Same layout text of the left side buttons on the back as 7D (different from 5D, where the text is next to the buttons)
- Two buttons left of viewfinder, as with 7D, only one for 5D
- Thumb ridge on the right of the back shaped same as 7D, different from 5D
- Start/stop button same as on 7D, absent on 5D
- Same placing "Canon" text on body bottom as 7D, different from 5D (scratched out in prototype model)
- Small white circle-line marking to the left of the top LCD panel, as with 7D (absent on 5D)
In favor of the 5D comparison:
- Shape of body at the top part (near the shutter button) more similar to 5D than 7D (ridge wise)
- No pop-up flash
Why do so many of you think it's a 5D III? I understand you want it to be, but... It just doesn't look similar at all, compared to the 7D...
-The 5D II has a AF-ON button and the 5DC does not
-The 5D II's top LCD light button is in a totally different place as the 5DC's
-The 5D II has a Live view button and the 5DC does not.
-The 5D II has different buttons on the left side from the 5DC
-The 30D has buttons on the bottom of the screen and the 40D's are on the side.
Button layouts change all the time. the 7D is newer than the 5DII and thus has a more up to date control layout that Canon would want to carry over to the 5DIII. The grip for one, as the 7D is much more comfortable to hold than the 5DII.
-The 7D has a pop up flash but the 7DII will not?
This is the 5DIII.