July 31, 2014, 12:15:37 AM

Author Topic: The 5D Mark III Megapixel Count? [CR2]  (Read 26865 times)

vuilang

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: The 5D Mark III Megapixel Count? [CR2]
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
If Canon cant implement AF in Videomode, they're losing the battle in video to the Nikon. And most definitely i'll need to switch.
Autofocus at Video and Live View
If the specs are between the 1D X and the 7D and you'll buy it no matter the cost, why don't you just buy the 1D X ::)?
cuz there is still no word on AF @videomode compared to the Nikon D4.

Unfortunately I dont believe we will see this feature anytime soon on Canon camera.  While I would love to get AF for video mode, first my understanding is most people using video professionally prefers manual focus for video. 

More importantly (and maybe someone could confirm this), I am almost positive the AF capability you refer to in the Nikon D4 is related to a patent Nikon has and therefore Canon cannot implement it the same.  Maybe they have not found a way to circonvent this patent or find it is not important enought...

I have tried the AF in video mode on a Nikon camera in a store once, and not sure it works as well as some believe.  It was not focusing where I wanted it to focus - it can be limiting to some degree.  I hope someone comes up with a solution for us mortal wishing to have some kind of help with AF in Live View mode while shooting occasionial videos...

canon rumors FORUM

Re: The 5D Mark III Megapixel Count? [CR2]
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »