April 18, 2014, 06:53:46 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 70D... not a new question...  (Read 14608 times)

briansquibb

Re: Canon EOS 70D... not a new question...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
The 70D may not have faster fps than the 60D.

If you need a fast framerate consider the 7D.  Or 1Dx if you can afford it...

There is precedent to this - the 40D had a higher fps than the 50D. I guess it depends on where Canon positions the 5DIII and the 7DII - if they go up in specification then the 70D will probably go up to to give the 700D some room to improve

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
I see.  And does the Fujifilm HS20 have a mirror that must be flipped up and down between each frame?  Consider - the 60D and 600D have the same sensor and Digic4 processor, yet the 600D has a significantly slower frame rate because the mirror/shutter mechanism is not as robust.

Yeah... as you know better than me the HS20 is a bridge camera but the others are DSLR.
-----
im also playing the waiting game. i want to upgrade my 40D but i am waiting to see if there will be a new 7D this year. im in no rush, but at the same time i am also in a rush because you get annoyed at bad noise. solid camera though. i agree with the others though. its worth the wait to see whats up with the camera.

yes, even if I wait till the 70D comes, then the price of 60D might drop. I only wish that it come before this summer!, though.

And thanks for your recommendations and answers.

If you want ultra high fps on a budget, then there are plenty of cameras like the FujiFilm HS20 out there.  Even better, they come with 24-600mm+ (equivalent) zoom lenses! Shame that what you'll get as a final result is a large quantity of mush from a long way off. 

EOS

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
...As for what I'd recommend Buy now. You (I'm guessing) have no camera and an economy that's about to be hit by more sanctions.  Buy now before inflation hits.  It'll be much cheaper and you'll be taking photographs months sooner.
p.s. irrelevant to your question, but I know three people that have travelled the world (independently of each other) and each found that the best, friendliest people on our planet are the Iranians.  I hope all goes well for you guys.
Okay, I think 60D is not that much slow and according to what you and the others said, I better get it right now. however I can't buy it right now yet I can purchase the camera before this summer or later.
p.s. I hope everyone in the world be friendly and kind, then the word "war" never have a chance to be in any dictionary. And thanks for your comment, I hope it's true!

Well... buying cameras like EOS-1Ds Mark III or the all-new EOS 1Dx is completely impossible for me. Even 7D is not exist in markets because no one can buy it! (it's about 40000 Rials!=2100$) and prices are growing!

There is precedent to this - the 40D had a higher fps than the 50D. I guess it depends on where Canon positions the 5DIII and the 7DII - if they go up in specification then the 70D will probably go up to to give the 700D some room to improve
I'm not sure about that but I'm sure that we'll see what Canon do for 70D very soon ;) .
...Shame that what you'll get as a final result is a large quantity of mush from a long way off. 
;D ... and that's the reason that why I won't buy a bridge-camera. And my plan is to buy a DSLR camera that doesn't need upgrading for many years.

Anyway, I've made my mind. I'm going to buy the 60D this summer (or a little bit later :D ) but if Canon released the 70D in the meanwhile and if the price of 70D was good for me (however I know it's impossible!), I'll get the 70D instead.

thejoyofsobe

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »
This would be a downgrade in FPS, ergonomics and weather sealing but if when you're ready to buy there isn't any solid information on the 70D, then you could purchase the upcoming 650D (Rebel t4i). You'd get the benefits of the latest generation of APS-C sensors along with Digic 5 and whatever new features it will have. Then of course when the 70D is released you can make the decision whether you want to sell it to upgrade.

EOS

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »
....when the 70D is released you can make the decision whether you want to sell it to upgrade.
Well... according to the current situation in Iran, buying and then selling cameras is not a good idea. But I've already made up my mind and I'm going to buy 60D this summer or if 70D was released before this summer, I'll buy that instead of 60D.
Knowing that 60D don't support continuous autofocus  in Movie mode, makes me not to buy it and wait for 70D... Maybe 70D supports continuous autofocus  in movie mode (?) ... .
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:04:56 AM by EOS »

SPL

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
Neuro makes a good point,...Something better will always be along someday soon, though...

Vamp898

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »
and Is the speed of the Digic5 processor that much fast that makes people and photographers feel upgrading their old "Digic4-equipped" camera to the one that has a Digic5 processor?

Not the speed is interesting, the High-ISO Quality is (at least for me) the much more interesting.

Also i really hope that the DIGIC5 have a higher dynamic rate than the DIGIC4. Even the Sony Alpha 580 (which cost only 400 € and is not the newest) have a much higher dynamic rate than my 60D.

So if i would not have a camera than either i would wait or (please dont be angry) would by a camera from a different vendor.

To say the truth, there are so many competitors, the largest are Sony and Nikon.

If you buy the newest camera today, you can be sure in 3 months the competitor brings a new camera which is better than the one you bought. And if you sell all your stuff and buy that camera, in 3 months that will happen again.

Its a run you can not win so if you really _need_ a camera and it should be a canon, buy one with a DIGIC4 and wait until DIGIC6 appears. Some people keep there cameras for about 7 years and i think the DIGIC6 will come sooner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »