September 22, 2014, 10:39:03 AM

Author Topic: Black & White  (Read 65382 times)

Arctic Photo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Black & White
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:47 AM »

Thanks Ken. I'm actually in the middle of arranging another shoot with her, but just to keep you going, here's another from the same shoot.

Heather Louise by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
Cool, she has a great face and fantastic eyes. It must be fun shooting with her.

I hope you'll be able tonpost some photos from the new shoot.

I have recently moved from one continent to another and don't have any models yet for my portrat shoots that I like to do so much. I hope that will be sorted soon.

Happy new year to you!
Thanks. Until a couple of years or so ago, I hdn't really done any proper portrait shoots, concentrating on nature photography, but this year, I've done more portraits than anything else (it's been a difficult year for me). A few weeks ago, I joined a site designed to get various creatives together, mainly for portraiture. Happy New Year to you too.
That sounds interesting, I hope you'll find a lot of inspiration. These photos inspired me, in fact I contacted a model I've used before where I used to live. I have already planned to go back for a visit in April, and now I'm even more excited. We talked a bit yesterday and we will hopefully use a very interesting setting. Thanks for the inspiration!

Would you like to explain how your light setup was for thos shoot?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:47 AM »

jwilbern

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • EOS 60D, S90
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2014, 08:19:40 AM »
EOS 60D, S90

Tonywintn

• Power Shot G16
  • Art for the sake of art
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2014, 08:36:31 AM »
My brother's Harley
Canon 6D, 24-105mm f4L,50mm f1.4,70-300mm f4.5/5.6L,17-40mm, f4L, G10

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »

Thanks Ken. I'm actually in the middle of arranging another shoot with her, but just to keep you going, here's another from the same shoot.

Cool, she has a great face and fantastic eyes. It must be fun shooting with her.

I have recently moved from one continent to another and don't have any models yet for my portrat shoots that I like to do so much. I hope that will be sorted soon.

Happy new year to you!
Thanks. Until a couple of years or so ago, I hdn't really done any proper portrait shoots, concentrating on nature photography, but this year, I've done more portraits than anything else (it's been a difficult year for me). A few weeks ago, I joined a site designed to get various creatives together, mainly for portraiture. Happy New Year to you too.
That sounds interesting, I hope you'll find a lot of inspiration. These photos inspired me, in fact I contacted a model I've used before where I used to live. I have already planned to go back for a visit in April, and now I'm even more excited. We talked a bit yesterday and we will hopefully use a very interesting setting. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for your comments. It isn't often as a photographer that you get told a shot of yours is inspiring. The lighting was actually very simple. It was a single flashgun, shot through an umbrella, held high (probably around 7 feet). Probably with more complex lighting, it would have lost the feel. I increased the contrast during PP, to give it a harder look and added some light grain (as well as the obvious vignette).
Good luck with your shoot and hope to see some of the results.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

Setazo

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2014, 06:35:05 PM »
A couple of shots from a festival in december. Both of them shot with 5D III and canon 50mm 1.4 (the only lens I had with me)

Arctic Photo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »

Happy new year to you!

Thanks for your comments. It isn't often as a photographer that you get told a shot of yours is inspiring. The lighting was actually very simple. It was a single flashgun, shot through an umbrella, held high (probably around 7 feet). Probably with more complex lighting, it would have lost the feel. I increased the contrast during PP, to give it a harder look and added some light grain (as well as the obvious vignette).
Good luck with your shoot and hope to see some of the results.
Thanks, I will be travelling half way cross the globe for my shoot and won't have too much room for gear, especially since I'm bringing my golf clubs too. I am new to using flash so I will put in some practice first go make sure I won't hesitate too much when I'm there. I will go in April so there will be some time before I post anything but I promise I will.

Thanks so much!

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »
My brother's Harley

Great bike!
Why did you opt for HDR?
Daniel

canon rumors FORUM

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2014, 12:43:44 PM »
A couple of shots from a festival in december. Both of them shot with 5D III and canon 50mm 1.4 (the only lens I had with me)

Love the silhouette

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2014, 12:47:09 PM »

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »
My son playing with his little stones.
Critique is always welcome!
Daniel

Gage

• SX50 HS
  • Canon 6D, Canon 70-200 2.8 II
    • View Profile
    • Gage Myers Photography
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2014, 02:18:23 PM »
Hi, all... I am new to the forum. I am enjoying your pics and wanted to join in!

Eldar

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »
Hi, all... I am new to the forum. I am enjoying your pics and wanted to join in!
Great image! Welcome to CR :)
5DIII, 1DX, 8-15/4L, 16-35 f4L IS, 24-70/2.8L II, 70-200/2.8L IS II, 70-300/4-5.6L IS, 200-400/4L IS 1.4x, Zeiss 15/2.8, 17/4L TS-E, Zeiss 21/2.8, 24/3.5L TS-E II, Sigma 35/1.4 Art, Zeiss Otus 55/1.4, 85/1.2L II, 100/2.8L IS Macro, Zeiss 135/2, 600/4L IS II

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

Very nice shot Gage....And  Welcome to CR.  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

Gage

• SX50 HS
  • Canon 6D, Canon 70-200 2.8 II
    • View Profile
    • Gage Myers Photography
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
Bison on a cold winter morning... I was shooting a wedding on a ranch and showed up early to survey the area and get my plan pinned down.

Tonywintn

• Power Shot G16
  • Art for the sake of art
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2014, 12:48:03 PM »
"Re: Black & White

Quote from: Tonywintn on January 01, 2014, 08:36:31 AM

My brother's Harley

Great bike!
Why did you opt for HDR?
Daniel"

I like how the HDR highlights the chrome and also all of the detail it shows in the tires.  I also like how it made the shadows look.
Canon 6D, 24-105mm f4L,50mm f1.4,70-300mm f4.5/5.6L,17-40mm, f4L, G10

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2014, 12:48:03 PM »