Rumors > Third Party Manufacturers

Patent: Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 VC

(1/4) > >>

Canon Rumors:
The optical  formula patents keep on coming from Tamron ahead of multiple Photokina announcements next month. This time it’s a 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 for APS-C sized sensors. Patent Publication No. 2016-126280
* Published 2016.7.11
* Filing date 2015.1.8
* f 10.303 15.199 23.483
* FNO = 3.6 -. 4.1 – 4.6
* 2ω = 111.70 – 86.59 – 62.07
* Negative positive and negative positive
* Anti-vibration (third group)
* Inner focus (rear group of the first group) It’s looking like a busy fall for Tamron, and we’re hoping for the same from Sigma.

MintChocs:
I wonder what price it will retail at. I bought my canon 10-18 for £150. Slower lens but it has IS so this lens looks like it could be a hot seller if the price is right.

Sharlin:
This is relevant to my interests. Interesting to see how the price and optical quality will compare to Canon's equivalent (which, of course, doesn't have IS). I'd like to upgrade from my Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 at some point which, while has given me lots of great pictures, isn't the sharpest and fastest lens ever. Of course, there's always the Tokina f/2.8...

ajfotofilmagem:
I also look for a very good replacement for my Sigma 10-20mm.

I could buy the Tokina 11-16mm or 11-20mm, but chromatic aberration is too high for my taste. Even the Canon 10-22mm is weak in this direction, and the 10-18mm has very high vignette at F4.5.

The Sigma 8-16mm seems the best in its class, but vignettes still bother me at F4.5.

FECHariot:
I was hoping for a crop version of the 15-30/2.8 VC like say a 9-18 or 10-20/2.8 VC.  This would save me money from having to upgrade to full frame and still give me an all purpose UWA that was also good for astro and had good coma performance.

I don't think many of those people who already have an UWA lens on crop are going to be upgrading their existing UWA just to get stabilization.  The existing UWA lenses with the exception of the Tamron 10-24 are all pretty good in sharpness.  What they all don't have is a fast aperture and that with stabilization would be more likely to get people to upgrade.  The only fast options are from Tokina and then you have the crap clutch focus, noisy focusing motor, and poor flare performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version