Rumors > Third Party Manufacturers

Patent: Tamron 115mm f/1.4 VC

(1/8) > >>

Canon Rumors:
It seems to be a never-ending parade of optical formula patents from Tamron, this time it’s a 115mm f/1.4 VC. This is another fast and unique lens concept from Tamron. Patent Publication No. 2016-151661 (Google Translated)
* Published 2016.8.22
* Filing date 2015.2.17
* f = 113.000
* Fno = 1.456
* ω = 10.632
* Tamron patent
* Positive and negative positive
* Inner focus (the second group)
* Vibration proof group (one of the group) Announcements from Tamron ahead of Photokina should be coming any day now. I suspect most will wait until after the EOS 5D Mark IV announcement and chatter has cooled down.

Talley:
Oh h0h0 buddy.... I would sell my wifes dog to buy this sucker!   WANT!!!!!

ahsanford:
A lens the size of a traffic cone that weighs six tons and relies on historically rockstar third party AF routines to nail a paper thin DOF?

What could possibly go wrong?

- A

ahsanford:

--- Quote from: dilbert on August 23, 2016, 10:50:34 PM ---All lenses in this patent include "vibration control".

--- End quote ---

Yep.  Such is their niche.  They've put IS on a 24-70 f/2.8, on a 15-30 f/2.8, on a bunch of f/1.8 primes.

But going all Sigma on us and making a first of a nutty wide aperture lens is not their bag at all.  To my knowledge, they've never offered anything faster than f/1.8 for Canon or Nikon.  Curious to see if their AF can pull it off.

- A

Chaitanya:
That would make a lot of people asking for 105mm or 135mm fast lens for portraits happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version