by the way, DxO has posted a canon g1x comparison with new nikonsPlease don't take DxO marks too seriously, check these marks:
except I don't care about the nikons, what's interesting is that the g1x has 10.8 stops of dynamic range.
which sucks. it does even worse than the last consumer cameras - that have the same pixel density.
so I don't think the new 5 will be anything special at all.
what a disappointment.
let me think about canon for a moment:
- they had USM, now everybody does
- they had good AF, now Nikon has better AF
- they had HD video, now everybody does
- they had IS, now everybody does
- they had resolution advantage, now they don't
- they never matched DR, AND THEY STILL DON'T??
Nikon D5100 is 80
Leica M9 is 69
Sony Nex 7 is 81
Canon 5D mark II is 79
I think they always favour to Nikon or Sony sensors