November 25, 2014, 10:26:37 PM

Author Topic: Is it just me, or....  (Read 4942 times)

Leopard Lupus

Is it just me, or....
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:58:50 AM »
Is it just me, or are there a considerably larger amount of "first time" posters on CR than before?
I remember the fake links of spam people where posting on here awhile ago, and new members had to "prove" they were real by discussing photography, could this be in any way related?
Is there a way to tell?
Sorry if I sound crazy  :P

canon rumors FORUM

Is it just me, or....
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:58:50 AM »

Rams_eos

Re: Is it just me, or....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:52:05 AM »
Hi,
I purchased recently my first DSLR and wanted to know more about it. I found the forum very useful and come back frequently.
So +1 for new user. :)

noodles

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:49:50 AM »
I would say that is good or not?
More people are interested in Canon and what is going on with the development of their products. And, one can read that there are many people active in this forum with a lot of knowledge and exeprience. So you can learn something here.  :D

frisk

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:13:19 AM »
Well, I'm one of the "first time posters", but I have been lurking here since...uhm...at some point in 2010 - just haven't had much too say - guess I must have been too busy actually taking photographs  ;)

Anyhow, the reason I started posting is that I am looking to upgrade my camera - I have pretty decent set of lenses, but my camera is just the 40D I bought back in 2008, and I intend to upgrade this year - which is why I am following the talk about soon-to-be-announced hign-end cameras with considerable interest.

So, who knows - maybe some of the other "first-timers" are in a similar situation.

Z

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
I'm also a new poster. I'd say the increase in volume of new members coincides with the announcement of the 1D-X and a great deal of semi-plausible 5D Mark III chatter.

CrimsonBlue

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »
Yep, been here for years, but just now got the urge to post.  :)
1Ds III • 5D II • 50mm f/1.2L • 85mm f/1.2L • 24-70mm • 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
Hi Leopard Lupus, apart from the occasional spam that Graig and his team usually remove very quickly, I think it is great that we have more and more newer member joining the threads.  Am sure many of them have been reading these threads for awhile and now just decided to join the party!  I consider myself a fairly new member with less then 6 months of CR usage, though I had been reading this website for well over a year before starting to post...

Also, with potentially several new bodies being release this year by both Canon and Nikon, this is likely to attrack a lot of folks with questions...cheers

Jacques
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »

Penn Jennings

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »
Like Frisk,  I just started posting recently but I've been reading the site for well over a year and lurking.

aaronh

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:06:19 AM »
Yeah I have been reading for a while now too and just recently started make a few posts here and there.

I have learned so much from the many incredibly knowledgeable people here. I really enjoy it!

Somnipotent

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:06:30 AM »
i've been lurking for over a year now.  but this concerns you how?

Steb

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
I am also reading here since quite a while. More interested lately due to the rumors on 5D3 as it might be my path into fullframe photography.

bonedaddy.p7

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • I Like Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
it is probably because so canon many DSLR's are getting a bit long in the tooth. the 1DX isn't released to the public yet, the 5DII is very old by digital standards(but still very good), 7D is 2 years old, and the 60D is a getting close for its market as well, so that means the entire upper end of Canon's range is looking like it could use a refresh within the next couple years. I'm trying to figure out if my upgrade will be before I really start shooting in the summer or if it will be next year for that season. I have only been reading for around 2 months but I came across the site when researching what my next upgrade will be.
Canon XTi, AE-1 Program, Rebel II, Tamron 17-50 VC, Zenitar-M 50/1.7 and a bunch of other cheap lenses (50/1.8FD, 18-55 EF-S Kit, 35-70 Kit, 80-200 4.5-5.6). S100 classic.

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
Is it just me, or are there a considerably larger amount of "first time" posters on CR than before?
I remember the fake links of spam people where posting on here awhile ago, and new members had to "prove" they were real by discussing photography, could this be in any way related?
Is there a way to tell?
Sorry if I sound crazy  :P

No it's not just you and you're not crazy, I've seen a flood since the 5DIII rumors started picking up.  They all want a 50MP camera with a native ISO of 1,000,000 with 40 stops of dynamic range for $1500.   ;)

It seems like a lot of them have never used the "search" function, I've been seeing a lot of reposts recently.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »
It seems like a lot of them have never used the "search" function, I've been seeing a lot of reposts recently.

Hey, wait...I just realized...in that thread showing pictures of the 'new 5DIII' on Safari in Africa, there seem to be two different cameras there.  Has anyone else noticed that?   ::)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

thepancakeman

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »

Hey, wait...I just realized...in that thread showing pictures of the 'new 5DIII' on Safari in Africa, there seem to be two different cameras there.  Has anyone else noticed that?   ::)

Thanks for the gut busting laugh!  +1   ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »