July 20, 2018, 01:14:12 AM

Author Topic: NextGen Gallery plugin for Wordpress photography sites  (Read 3931 times)

douglasgritzphoto

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
    • Gritz Photography
NextGen Gallery plugin for Wordpress photography sites
« on: October 13, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »
Anyone else use this product for their website? I have been for a few years but this week I have discovered that it does not display alt tags for my images, which is a key tool for google rankings. I just wrote a blog post on on it. I would love to be wrong so if anyone else has any insight into this I would love to hear.

http://gritzphoto.com/nextgen-photography-gallery-not-display-alt-tags/
Douglas Gritzmacher
Denver Professional Motion + Still Photographer
http://gritzphoto.com

canon rumors FORUM

NextGen Gallery plugin for Wordpress photography sites
« on: October 13, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »

CSD

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photographer, WP Developer, and IT Geek.
Re: NextGen Gallery plugin for Wordpress photography sites
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 08:23:53 PM »
I stopped using NextGen a while back since WP core has improved image support a lot over the last few years especially for mobile usage. I've never been a fan of sticking a non-core plug-in tables into a system that's so critical to a site especially if development was to cease (however unlikely), plus if you know your way around doing some code then extending the core function isn't that hard or find a friendly developer who can do it for you if core is missing features.

Natalie777

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »
Interesting thread! I haven't used such a plugin. I created my site with one of the website builders for photographers and I'm pleased with the result. What are the features of the mentioned plugin and is it possible to use it for websites that weren't created with Wordpress? Thanks in advance!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »