December 22, 2014, 12:16:07 AM

Author Topic: Could Fuji's new X-Trans CMOS processor be the end of Bayer Sensors?  (Read 2912 times)

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
Fuji's new X-Trans CMOS Processor eliminates moire and false colors.

The new X-Trans CMOS Processor in the X-Pro1 seems like an elegant solution, no need for low pass, anti-aliasing filters. The images look pretty sharp. I haven't been able to detect any chromatic aberrations in the images either. Would this type of sensor help limit CA, I don't know, but it it's other strengths could signal the end of the line for the Bayer sensor layout.

Read More about it...
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_pro1/features/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:34:14 AM by Wrathwilde »

canon rumors FORUM

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Could Fuji's new X-Trans CMOS processor be the end of Bayer Sensors?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:49:29 AM »
You did read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page about the sample images? 

They are simulated!

To me, this means they are doctored.  While a doctored image might be good at fooling those who don't see the note, it leaves me with the feeling that its all sales double talk.

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:05:22 AM »
You did read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page about the sample images? 

They are simulated!

To me, this means they are doctored.  While a doctored image might be good at fooling those who don't see the note, it leaves me with the feeling that its all sales double talk.

Didn't see that, but here's a few actual samples... http://www.christianfletcher.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/Shearing-sheep1.jpg

I did get to see some full size samples, but the demand was putting too much strain on the photographers servers and they've been removed. The sheering sheep one at 6400 iso was very impressive at full resolution.

unruled

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
no scale on the chart, but interesting.. photorumors.com/2012/02/01/does-the-fuji-x-pro1-x-trans-cmos-sensor-perform-better-than-the-nikon-d7000-and-canon-5d-mark-ii/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »