Again, all I'm hoping for with the 5D3 is the specs recently listed here at CR + the native ISO of the 1D-X 100-51,200 (max 204,800). And I'll be putting in my order.
If the native ISO of the next 5D is ISO 51200, what does that look like in RAW. Too bad that there are still no 1Dx RAW samples available, and how usable will ISO 102400 be?
Hard to say. Maybe the people at Canon will be good enough to start leaking some official photos taken with the 5D3 at high ISO.
As for the pricing on the D4 @ $6000 US/$6300 CAD...that's confirmed. It's the price on shop websites. Which in time will of course drop...how long that will take? Will have to just wait and see.
D800 pricing? Rumours. Since it's not available for pre-order. Hasn't even been announced yet. But should be next week.
I think the asking price for the 2 versions of the D800 are ridiculous. It's more than a few hundred $. It's more like a $500-1400 increase over the D700!! Having said that...if the rumoured specs are spot on (from NR)...I'm not ordering one. I want a FF body with good native ISO range. Something the D800 doesn't have. Looks like a "studio camera" based on the specs. Something I'm not looking for. Which is why I'm putting my money on the 5D3 (assuming the latest rumoured specs are correct). If not...this is going to get expensive (but still worth it)...
And about the plausiblity of seeing the 1D-X's 61-pt AF in the 5D3...I think it's very possible. If not...then maybe an AF system based on the 7D's design but with more points/cross-pts. Maybe 21. 45...
FPS? I'd be happy with 5.