January 23, 2017, 02:22:30 AM

Author Topic: Best price on canon 11- 24 L lens...? $2799?  (Read 1593 times)

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Re: Best price on canon 11- 24 L lens...? $2799?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »
Refurb available now for $2159, see Canonpricewatch.com.  Won't last long...

BTW, Gordon and CPW are a first class outfit.  I've purchased several lenses and bodies using their street price program.  Terrific savings and no negatives.

Ooh..need to check it out.
Hmm....lessee, canon (for some reason) charges me sales tax on purchases to here, so that would be in the ball park of  $216 added onto the refurb...in the ballpark of $2400 after taxes.

I'll maybe go for the brand new in box for $2600 with no sales tax....that $200 might be worth it over the refurb...longer warranty, etc...right?

cayenne

Er, your accountant should be pointing out you should be paying end user tax (sales tax) if you are buying out of state, particularly if it is a deductible business expense.

Warranty is the same, referbished get 12 months as do new.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »

cayenne

• 5DSR
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
LOL...of course we all pay that use tax   :)

Anyway, I decided to pull the trigger on the Canon refurb...even with the *ouch* $210 sales tax, it was just too good a deal to pass up.

So, now.....waiting with anticipation for the new monster lens to arrive and go play with it!!

Thank you EVERYONE for all the advice and help on this!!!

Cayenne

ps.  PrivateByDesign....would you mind if I picked your brain about on thoughts about real estate shooting, process etc....on another thread that is more apropos?

Thank you,
C

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »
LOL...of course we all pay that use tax   :)

Anyway, I decided to pull the trigger on the Canon refurb...even with the *ouch* $210 sales tax, it was just too good a deal to pass up.

So, now.....waiting with anticipation for the new monster lens to arrive and go play with it!!

Thank you EVERYONE for all the advice and help on this!!!

Cayenne

ps.  PrivateByDesign....would you mind if I picked your brain about on thoughts about real estate shooting, process etc....on another thread that is more apropos?

Thank you,
C

It would be a pleasure. I'm happy for PM's too but I'll keep an eye out for the new thread.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »