September 20, 2014, 04:22:25 AM

Author Topic: Eos 1Dx and 5D mark III / 5 Dx tonight  (Read 8302 times)

vlim

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Eos 1Dx and 5D mark III / 5 Dx tonight
« on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »
With the Super bowl coming tonight, one the biggest sport event in the world, do you think these bodies will be tested by accredited photgraphers or canon team crew ?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:21:21 PM by vlim »

canon rumors FORUM

Eos 1Dx and 5D mark III / 5 Dx tonight
« on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Eos 1Dx and 5D mark III / 5 Dx tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
For sure!  These bodies have prototype in the wild and I agree this even would be a great testing zone for many of the photographers with one of these units...

Lucky bastard!  They will see the game live and get the shoot with our new toys!

:P
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

Picsfor

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:23:40 PM »
Without a doubt - and if Canon are busy working on a fix for the f8 issue - wouldn't be surprised if one of the 1DX togs had one with a possible fix and with instructions to use it with a 2x fitted to another lens.

As for 5DIII I'm not so sure about, but if it's a 5DX we're getting, then without a doubt.
Of course, a 5DX will not have the f8 issue included, or even designed to be included...

MartinvH

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
No, why would you go test a camera you can not operate without thinking in such a big once a year event ??

The event (and quality pictures) is much more important to a professional photojournalist.

Test the camera in an event when it does not matter so you can get to know the camera , seems more logical to me .

Picsfor

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »
No, why would you go test a camera you can not operate without thinking in such a big once a year event ??

The event (and quality pictures) is much more important to a professional photojournalist.

Test the camera in an event when it does not matter so you can get to know the camera , seems more logical to me .
The answer to your first question is:

Because you signed up for it.

You do not get to play with Canon's newest, as yet to be commercially released, all singing all dancing toy without agreeing to do a few things in return. If one of those is to test a new firmware update that provides a fix to the f8 issue  then you'll do it. Imagine if said frimware works, and you've also got the 200-400 bolted on to the front?

I would guess you may just get some pictures not possible with the current crop of gear - otherwise why would you need the new kit?

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
Right now, no images are allowed to be saved using the preliminary firmware.  So what would be the point of taking images that could not be shown or saved? 

If the final firmware is ready, and the NDR is coming off on Feb 7, then there may be some taken for advertising, but a superbowl photographer needs to show his images immediately, time is money.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:16:30 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »
Right now, no images are allowed to be saved using the preliminary firmware.  So what would be the point of taking images that could not be shown or saved? 

If the final firmware is ready, and the NDR is coming off on Feb 7, then there may be some taken for advertising, but a superbowl photographer needs to show his images immediately, time is money.

Is it also against the rules to publish a photo without saying what gear was used? Who would recognize photos taken with 1dx and published somewhere?Just no EXIF included...
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »

Is it also against the rules to publish a photo without saying what gear was used? Who would recognize photos taken with 1dx and published somewhere?Just no EXIF included...

You seem to have misunderstood.  Canon locks down the CF Door and forbids users to download or show the images.  Of course you can cheat, but you won't ever get another Canon Demo to use again.  You can also spot a new model just by looking at the pixel dimensions.  Each sensor has different dimensions.  You might crop to 1D MK IV size, but it would be pointless.

There is also a Canon secure image kit that supposedly could be hacked, given enough time to do it, it prevents changing or removing the Exif.

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »

Oh yeah I had forgotten about that.  I thought though that the few priviledge photographer using the 1DX were allowed to actually real pictures with them (like that F1 guy in the first 1DX video in Monaco)?  Couldn't they just use their picture without saying it was from a 1DX?

In anycase the game just ended and did not see too many Canon camera (with nice big white lens with the red curcle) on the field after the match.  Was mostly Nikon unless I did not look properly....

Hopefully this will change next year with the 1DX!!!!
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 03:09:50 AM »

You seem to have misunderstood.  Canon locks down the CF Door and forbids users to download or show the images.  Of course you can cheat, but you won't ever get another Canon Demo to use again.  You can also spot a new model just by looking at the pixel dimensions.  Each sensor has different dimensions.  You might crop to 1D MK IV size, but it would be pointless.

There is also a Canon secure image kit that supposedly could be hacked, given enough time to do it, it prevents changing or removing the Exif.

No, I meant with Caon's allowance. Trusted people took it in the field. If shots were great, why not allow them to publish it on website without showing what gear was used.
Could you tell what gear was used in this case?

doug14

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »
superbowl is like football in a bad way, nobody like that S___ beside the americans, at least football is loved everywhere even in america

briansquibb

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »
No, I meant with Caon's allowance. Trusted people took it in the field. If shots were great, why not allow them to publish it on website without showing what gear was used.

Looks like a ff or 1.3 at f/4 or f/5.6

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »

Looks like a ff or 1.3 at f/4 or f/5.6

Yes you are right FF but strongly cropped (so actually f/9 @280mm).
I only meant they could publish photos without exposing the gear they used.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »

BloodyShirt

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
I'm not too sure what this post was meant to convey.. but from that photo i can definitely see that someone attempted to snowboard in hunting clothes and spent more time sitting on the snow then standing on a board and riding.. and for some strange reason a person thought it'd be an awesome photograph to share in a forum about equipment..

btw.. love this forum.. extremely entertaining with scattered bits of interesting rumors :D

nightbreath

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
... You can also spot a new model just by looking at the pixel dimensions.  Each sensor has different dimensions.  You might crop to 1D MK IV size, but it would be pointless...

1D X has the same image resolution as 7D.

I saw somewhere on forums 2 post-processed images of the same subject shot using 5D original and 400D and there was no difference at all. Nobody could tell what was the camera that was used for each of those.
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »