December 16, 2017, 03:47:50 PM

Author Topic: SMF Photo Gallery is HERE!!  (Read 10956 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 5-1500mm f/1.0L IS
SMF Photo Gallery is HERE!!
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
From the bar across the top of the screen and select Gallery between My Messages and Members

You can add images to the general topics in the gallery, and then copy and paste the medium sized link into your post.

Better yet, you can create your own private gallery with topics and sub topics that you want.  You can paste links into posts, even outside of Canon Rumors.

But ...  The Images will be watermarked with the CR logo to prevent someone using your image for commercial purposes.

The ability to upload and attach images has been disabled.  You can link a image URL from your web site, or from the gallery.  There is a fixed amount of space reserved for each member of 250MB, so keep your images to a reasonable size.  If you need more space, contact a admin and they will try to accommodate you.  This is not Flickr, the images you add should be intended for linking into your posts.  You will be able to manage your images, but deleting them will remove your topic.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:29:44 AM by Mt Spokane Photography »

canon rumors FORUM

SMF Photo Gallery is HERE!!
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »

tolusina

• Gallery Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
Re: Test of SMF Gallery Add-In
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 07:15:59 AM »
I see it leaves EXIF data intact.
6D, 40, 50 1.8 II, 50 1.8 STM, 24-105L, 90EX, 2X 600EX-RT, 2X Lightsphere, ST-E3-RT, Kenko DG set, GT2531LVL, Ultimate GP, PRO-100, SPYDERPrint, MG3122, PA242W-BK-SV, Intuos Pro, WIN 10 on hardware with intent, AE-1, D-70, D-80, P30T

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
I see it leaves EXIF data intact.

Add some photos.  We can't justify upgrading to it unless it works with lots of images loaded in.

The idea is to have categories with lots of thumbnails with titles so users can quickly browse thru hundreds of images to see what they want to see without waiting for dozens of large images to load.

We would not be a photo web site, so there will be limits to uploads, but still we will have generous allocations.

The lite version is installed.  Its pretty basic, and is missing a lot of needed enhancements that are in the pro version.

Features included in lite edition:

• Ties directly into SMF, uses forum theme, members and permissions.
  • Categories for images
  • Comment System
  • Keywords for picture
  • Picture Approval
  • Reporting of Picture
  • Who is viewing a picture/gallery
  • Permissions for adding picture, editing own picture, deleting own picture, viewing the gallery, autoapproved image postergroups, and managing the gallery
  • Settings for max image size and max image width and height
  • Create's thumbnails automatically for uploaded images
  • Supports bmp, gif, jpeg, and png images

The Pro version adds these features:

Features:
 All features of the Lite Edition plus the following added:
  • Over 100+ settings to configure SMF Gallery Pro how you need it
  • User Galleries - User's can create their own personal galleries with unlimited categories
  • Subcategory's (Unlimited levels)
  • Rating pictures on scale of 1 to 5 stars
  • Gallery admin's can delete ratings and view who rated a picture
  • Gallery stats page for keep track of most viewed images, top rated and more!
  • EXIF image information support requires EXIF module in php
  • Album/Category level permissions for viewing, adding picture, editing picture, deleting picture, and adding a comment
  • Reporting of comments and editing own comments
  • Bulk adding of images. Controlled by permissions and setting to allow the number of upload fields
  • Thumbnail, medium, full size image sizes are supported
  • Importing images from a folder on your server
  • Category options for posting topics in a forum board when a picture is uploaded
  • Comment approval listing which lists comments that need to be approved, and reported comment listing
  • File Space Manager shows how much space a user is using and allows you to delete pictures
  • Upload Quota limits for member groups
  • Gallery navigation on view picture
  • Unviewed image list allows users to keep track which images that they have not seen yet
  • Slideshow of images at up to 50 images at a time inside a category
  • Notify by email if comments posted user's image
  • Watermarking of images uploaded by text or image
  • Lightbox and highslide support built in!
  • RSS support for image categories
  • Picture area tagging like Facebook
  • Multifile select upload option
  • Simple picture favorite system
  • XML support for recent images, getting a single picture, category listing, getting a single category
  • New permissions: Rating Pictures, Edit own Comment, Auto Approve Comments, Personal Gallery, Bulk Uploads
  • Tons of settings to customize your gallery: Images per page, Max thumbnail width, Max thumbnail height, Display newest comments first, Control blocks that appear on the gallery main page, image listing options, picture view options and many more!
  • New!! Video Addon now included: Upload formats supported: avi,flv,mov,mpg,ram,rm,rpm,swf,wmv
  • SMF Gallery Pro support forums with additional modifications and guides.

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:08:45 PM »
Should I pay the $50?
canonrumors.com

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »
Should I pay the $50?

My concern is that no one is uploading images, and without a lot of images, we don't have any idea as to how it might impact the system.

I think that the only way to get large numbers of images into it is to pay the $50 so we can bulk upload a few thousand.

Another idea might be to copy images from the existing database into the Gallery database, The Database administrator might be able to copy a few thousand.

I also wonder about the paradigm of having the Gallery located in the header where people do not normally look for posts.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:34:57 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

kaihp

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 05:07:07 PM »
Should I pay the $50?

My concern is that no one is uploading images, and without a lot of images, we don't have any idea as to how it might impact the system.

I uploaded an image (even create a 1Dx section for that purpose), but not sure what you guys want to test really.

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »
Should I pay the $50?

I uploaded an image (even create a 1Dx section for that purpose), but not sure what you guys want to test really.

I see this as replacing the image galleries that now exist.  Each member could upload images (Up to a TBD Quota), and be able to manage them, remove and add them, ask for reviews and comments, contests with members voting are a possibility, its much more flexible.

But ... What do you think of the displayed image quality, and the idea in general. 

Right now, only the admin can see all of the image files that you have uploaded, you cannot easily find them or manage them.

With the gallery, you can easily  link to your image in a post.  The thumbnail size can be configured in the full version, its pretty small in the free test version.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 10:35:27 PM »
Here is a link to a large version.  Again, the size will be more flexible in the full version.

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 11:21:27 PM »
You probably saw a number of posts today as I tried out the Pro Version, and tweaked the options a hundred times, maybe more.

I have found that automatic posting to the forum is best handled by pre-configuring various topics and setting up where images land using the admin console.

So, for example, there is now a category called Animal Kingdom with a sub category Jungle Creatures.  Images added to that category will post to the jungle Creatures Topic in the forum. 

They can be thumbnails, or full size.  Full size can be very large, too large, actually for my monitor, but those with 4K monitors won't think so.  The advantage of thumbnails is that it takes you to the gallery where you can select the size that you want to view, see certain EXIF data, and browse similar images.  Users probably like the large images in the post, but eventually, there will be hundreds of pages, and it won't be fun anymore to find a older post.  Its going to happen with the thumbnails too, just not as quickly.

I may limit upload size to a easily view size like 1024 X 1024.

tolusina

• Gallery Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
Clickable thumbnail

6D, 40, 50 1.8 II, 50 1.8 STM, 24-105L, 90EX, 2X 600EX-RT, 2X Lightsphere, ST-E3-RT, Kenko DG set, GT2531LVL, Ultimate GP, PRO-100, SPYDERPrint, MG3122, PA242W-BK-SV, Intuos Pro, WIN 10 on hardware with intent, AE-1, D-70, D-80, P30T

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »
Clickable thumbnail

From what I could see, the thumbnail is not clickable that posts to the forum topic.  I can add a link to the gallery photo below it though.

kaihp

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 04:39:32 AM »
Clickable thumbnail

From what I could see, the thumbnail is not clickable that posts to the forum topic.  I can add a link to the gallery photo below it though.
When I click the thumbnail in both your post and tolusina's, I get a new tab with the full-sized image - which is what I'd expect.

This is in Firefox 51.0.1

tolusina

• Gallery Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »

Clickable to the Gallery post.

Clickable to the full size image.

Next, how to do this directly from the Gallery without copy/paste gymnastics.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »

tolusina

• Gallery Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
I took the liberty of downloading and flipping kaihp's photo for test purposes.

First thing I learned, do not drag and drop a file into the text posting box, just don't.

Clickable to the same thumb.

Clickable to the medium, resized by the forum.

Clickable to the large.

Clickable to the Gallery post

clickable to CR forum home.

OK, once an image is posted, Gallery creates a thumbnail that shows in the, in this case, 'Camera Body' Gallery.
Gallery also downsizes to medium while saving the original.
I didn't try other sizes, I used only this one, known to be acceptable to the Gallery software.

I don't see anywhere in Gallery's interface where it enables link creation.

The create the linked thumbnails, I first gathered all the URLs, then pasted the thumbnail's URL between the BB code IMG tag like so without the #s
[#img]#http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/gallery/0/thumb_32506-170217114424.jpeg[#/img]

That line was then highlighted, the link URL added with this post's 'Insert Hyperlink' icon in the editor.

I can't imagine doing this on a phone. Well. I can, but I'd rather not.

Mt Spokane Photography

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »
I took the liberty of downloading and flipping kaihp's photo for test purposes.

First thing I learned, do not drag and drop a file into the text posting box, just don't.

Clickable to the same thumb.

Clickable to the medium, resized by the forum.

Clickable to the large.

Clickable to the Gallery post

clickable to CR forum home.

OK, once an image is posted, Gallery creates a thumbnail that shows in the, in this case, 'Camera Body' Gallery.
Gallery also downsizes to medium while saving the original.
I didn't try other sizes, I used only this one, known to be acceptable to the Gallery software.

I don't see anywhere in Gallery's interface where it enables link creation.

The create the linked thumbnails, I first gathered all the URLs, then pasted the thumbnail's URL between the BB code IMG tag like so without the #s
[#img]#http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/gallery/0/thumb_32506-170217114424.jpeg[#/img]

That line was then highlighted, the link URL added with this post's 'Insert Hyperlink' icon in the editor.

I can't imagine doing this on a phone. Well. I can, but I'd rather not.

I was given the ability to administer the gallery.  The options are there to cause a post to be created in the forum in a location I specify.

I have only two boxes to check regarding the image in the forum post.

1.  Full size

2.  Ad a link below the image or thumbnail.

Everyone then gets the options I set.

I'll send you a PM.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »