Gear Talk > PowerShot

PowerShot SX60 HS Replacement Finally Coming? [CR1]

(1/4) > >>

Canon Rumors:
We’re told that a new SX PowerShot camera will be announced relatively soon. We’re hoping that it’ll finally be a replacement to the PowerShot SX60 HS. As soon as we find out more, we’ll pass it on. The new Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM will be announced on April 5, 2017 (depending on where you are on the planet), and that would seem like a logical time to announce a PowerShot camera.

Chaitanya:
Interesting, I know a lot of people who use Sx60 for shooting videos of wildlife. 4K video coupled with a decent long lens would be useful for documenting wildlife.

MrToes:
I sure do hope they put a lot better sensor in these things finally!

dhachey77:
Why is Canon wasting time on products like this?  I'm sure the majority of prospective purchasers would be more than satisfied with the current crop of cell phone cameras.  I'd like to see Canon develop a top tier FF mirrorless camera or a high megapixel MF mirrorless camera, rather than catering to the low end of the market.  Canon has the resources, marketing cachet and technical know how to do this, but lack only the willpower. 

9VIII:

--- Quote from: dhachey77 on March 25, 2017, 10:50:07 AM ---Why is Canon wasting time on products like this?  I'm sure the majority of prospective purchasers would be more than satisfied with the current crop of cell phone cameras.  I'd like to see Canon develop a top tier FF mirrorless camera or a high megapixel MF mirrorless camera, rather than catering to the low end of the market.  Canon has the resources, marketing cachet and technical know how to do this, but lack only the willpower.

--- End quote ---

Tiny crop sensors in a dedicated superzoom system can be competitive with the IQ from a Big White.

It's a great value proposition as long as you're willing to restrict your shooting to daylight (and slower AF).

Unfortunately the last couple of compact superzooms that Canon shipped were pretty unspectacular. I'm pretty sure Nikon still has the best model on the market.
Hopefully Canon can rectify that situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version