November 23, 2014, 07:30:00 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X High Resolution Samples  (Read 13488 times)

wockawocka

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
Re: Canon EOS-1D X High Resolution Samples
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »
The only way to compare a cameras output is to shoot at the same settings, the same image and to view the raw files.

All sorts of weird stuff happens to the light after it hits the sensor.

Images on the internet aren't a reliable source. Until I have a 1Dx in my hands I can't compare it.
But, I will when I have one, heck I'll be pulling that thing apart with my eyes.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »

aarongilpin

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 05:36:57 AM »
Good quality samples BUT nobody will know for sure how good the camera is until its in YOUR hands and you take your own pics. and another thing, these sample pics are not very inspiring, I mean just look at the amazing sample images Nikon got Joe McNally to do for the promo of the D4, I Almost ordered one and was willing to sell all my Canon stuff to get it, then I thought Id just wait until I tried them both out.

daveswan

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »
And can we *please* see some un-mucked-about-with video to judge what it's *really* like?

Yes, this is important for some of us  :)

OscarBjarna

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »
Could it be that these samples are not saved with the best quality?
I downloaded the samples and it looked like there are jpg artifacts in them.

One thing that seems odd about these highres jpgs is what they seem small in MB.
I saved the same pixel size jpg (simular image) í maximum quality from Photoshop.
The sample was 5.5MB and my file was 7.5MB.

Then again, maybe I'm just being silly.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »
Good quality samples BUT nobody will know for sure how good the camera is until its in YOUR hands and you take your own pics. and another thing, these sample pics are not very inspiring, I mean just look at the amazing sample images Nikon got Joe McNally to do for the promo of the D4, I Almost ordered one and was willing to sell all my Canon stuff to get it, then I thought Id just wait until I tried them both out.

joe mcnally is more about the lighting than about the camera. He produces just as amazing stuff with a D3 as he does with the D4. With him it's all about his lighting skill and he is about as good as it gets.
APS-H Fanboy

unruled

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »

noodles

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »
Looks very promising at iso 51200 - from what I can see on the video and the LCD magnification

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »

BrotherBloat

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
hmm... why is every exif data reading program reporting this as a crop sensor? it's showing 35mm equivalent values as 1.6x the focal length and the sensor width as 23...

Am I missing something? :/

NB: way to go Canon - in the day and age where a 3 year old can upload and host full HD videos on the web, they serve us a 540p shockwave/flash teaser, which is 'optimised for the site'... laughable...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:34:02 PM by BrotherBloat »

expo01

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 04:10:41 AM »
First of all. I am, all of a sudden, utterly unimpressed.

Sample images, at the very least, should make sense. Looking at the shutterspeeds and aptertures used in some of the shots makes me wonder if the photographer had shot those scenes for the first time. Take the football picture for example. He shot it at 1/8000s at F4 (on a new 400 2.8 IS II none the less). Looks to me like it was shot in bright daylight. Not nearly what you would expect for a stadium environment. Of course there are daylight matches, but most of the soccer would be shot with flood lights, mostly in the region of 1/1000s f2.8 and iso 1250-2500. Also the detail level (not only in this shot) doesn't impress me one bit. I have much clearer pictures with my late 2007 1Ds3.

Also, a camera with a standard ISO-range of 100-51200, one would expect to see some low light indoor-sports or concert photography samples.

Canon, you better redo those sample images (let them make sense please) or people will assume that this is the image quality they can expect of the new 1Dx and might consider going for a 5D series camera after all.

When I saw samples (with the preproduction model) and talked a bit with Canon Ambassador Frits van Eldik
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/ambassadors/frits_van_eldik.do at a seminar, I got a different feeling about the 1Dx. Those samples do not represent what I've seen and heard there.

just my 2c
1DsIII | 5DIII | 20D | 70-200 2.8 II | 14 2.8 | 15 2.8 | 50 1.8 II | 85 1.2 | 100 2.8 | Elinchrom Outdoor and Indoor lots of Flashes from Canon and Nikon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 04:10:41 AM »