October 20, 2017, 07:36:55 PM

Author Topic: Opinion: What is a Rumors Site?  (Read 6587 times)

Brymills

• EOS Rebel 300D
Re: Opinion: What is a Rumors Site?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
The only thing I'm offended by is the spelling of "rumour"...

That, and the lack of a 14-300 f/2.8 IS lens retailing at less than £1000.....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »
I prefer rumours to rumors as well. But, I do like Canadian loons.

I prefer facts to rumors, and I prefer rumors to rumours.  I also like Canada geese, although they're eponymously and not geographically named.  :D
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

Valvebounce

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Doing my best to get all of this to work together.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »
Hi Neuro.
I guess you prefer simplified English over the traditional form!  :o ;D
Two countries divided by a common language.  :)
You might have seen this, it is quite old, if not you may find it a tad funny.
http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/jokes/european-commission.html

Cheers, Graham.

I prefer rumours to rumors as well. But, I do like Canadian loons.

I prefer facts to rumors, and I prefer rumors to rumours.  I also like Canada geese, although they're eponymously and not geographically named.  :D
7DII+Grip, 1DsIII, 7D+Grip, 40D+Grip, EF 24-105 f4L EF-S 17-85, EF-S 10-22, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II, EF 1.4xIII, 2xIII, EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6l IS II, Σ17-70 f2.8-4 C, EF 50mm f1.8, YN600EX-RT, YN-E3-RT, Filters, Remotes, Macro tubes, Tripods, heads etc!

1DsIII, 20D, 24-105, 17-85, Nifty 50 pre owned

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »
I hadn't seen that, Graham – it vas kut.   :)
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

Don Haines

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 10:15:23 PM »
The rumours and discussion over them is interesting and informative, but there are some fantastic examples of photography in the images pages, and the amount of advice on technique and gear is phenomenal! The site and particularly it's members have become a valuable resource to Canon shooters everywhere.....

It is also one of the very few sites on the internet where squirrel pictures outnumber cat pictures.
The best camera is the one in your hands

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 5-1500mm f/1.0L IS
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 10:49:09 PM »
I remember the takedown notice from Canon many moons ago and how they finally changed their mind.  Many of us wrote to Canon telling them that they were hurting themselves and losing good will.

greger

• EOS M5
  • 7D
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 12:48:23 AM »
You have done a really good job creating and running canonrumors.com. I joined after reading many posts in the forum. I was reading a post where I thought I had some insight to the posters delema. I have been the last response in a few posted subjects, it has been mentioned that my comments were troll like. Most of my opinions have been proven to be correct. I have been off track a few times. Oops! Being a good photographer is being willing to teach and learn from others. I come here first thing when I get up and just before I go to bed. If Canon releases something new it will be posted here in short order. I will keep coming here until Canon Freezes Over! ;D
Canon 7D | EFS 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark l - EF 100mm f/2.8 IS USM Macro - EF 70-200mm   f/4 L IS USM- EF 100-400    f4.5-5.6 IS USM - 1.4 ll and 2X ll Extenders

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 12:48:23 AM »

mclaren777

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 01:48:09 AM »
You run the best rumor site on the internet.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Maximilian

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • The dark side - I've been there
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:51 AM »
Hello Craig!

Short reply:
You and your admins do a great job here, so please just keep going on.

Long reply:

I started this site 9 years ago... It was never meant to be more than a fun place for me to write about current and coming camera gear, I never imagined it would explode to the level of popularity that it has.
This is a great site, a fun place to go and I come here at least twice a week.
It is also a really, really great forum and group of participants to gather an share knowledge and I've learned really a lot from all of you.

... What we do control:
Every post on the site is my responsibility and when it’s wrong, I’m wrong, and that bugs me.
This latest firmware update post we didn’t put [CR1] on it, as we should have. The post says “new source”, but it was our oversight that we didn’t rate it for whatever reason.
Everybody makes mistakes and I wouldn't call this a mistake but a slight neglect.
I am not into video but I also read this post and to me it was clear that this should have a rating of [CR1].
Everybody else claiming something else or accusing you for telling lies should be more self-critical and thinking about where and when he/she lives:
In a time where EVERY information - esp. from the internet - should or must be taken with a really big grain of salt.

Thanks for reading my rant and visiting Canon Rumors. In the end we do this for fun and we hope you read it for fun.
This is no rant but you're making your position clear and the place where you see this page and forum:
A place for fun and for the (positive) passion for photography and videography.

So please keep going on.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:56:08 AM by Maximilian »
sometimes you have to close your eyes to see properly.

Zv

• EOS-1D X Mark II
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 03:32:42 AM »
Nothing wrong with posting CR1 stuff, it sets the expectations and it's just a bit of fun. Anyone who's been on this site would have taken that firmware rumor with a pinch of salt so don't worry about it. So what? We had some high hopes, we're Canon fans we're used to our hopes being dashed  :P

But seriously I love CR site, the discussions on the forum are really helpful and for the most part very civilized. You've done us Canon fans a great service by bringing us all together here to talk about our hobbies and obsessions!

Keep up the awesome work!
Move along nothing to see here!

Hector1970

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Flickr
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 04:20:51 AM »
I've really enjoyed the site over the last number of years. I've had some great answers to questions and enjoyed the anticipation of technological improvements to come. My only wish is that some of the more high volume posters were a little kinder to each other when opinions differ. All of them offer good insights and are helpful to people but can be quite scathing to each other. I know it's part of the entertainment value at times but sometimes it steps over the line and gets a little personal. No one is always right and opinions on rumours can differ.

rjbray01

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 05:35:50 AM »
I love your site.  Really love it.  I can honestly say I visit it several times a day and the only other sites I visit regularly are redmondmag and BBC news. 

I never cease to be amazed at how technical some of the contributions to the forum debates about - and most of these forum discussions are generally precipitated by your latest items.

I have learned a huge amount amount camera hardware and lenses through your site.

Please don't feel too bad about the odd piece of incorrect speculation ... on the whole your site gives a great picture of both what's going on in the Canon world and also how that relates to the other big players in the market.

I've invested heavily in Canon equipment over the last 12 months, all based on your site and Tony Nothrup's videos.   

For what its worth, the view I have come to is that whilst Canon are clearly facing huge competition right now I really believe its only a matter of time until we all get blazing 4k video to match their awesome stills capabilities.

infared

• EOS 5DS R
  • Kodak Brownie!
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 06:22:07 AM »
Those who mistake clearly stated rumors as fact, (and then try to lay blame) are the same individuals who mistake editorials as news. They run through the world looking for a fight.
Just keep doing what you are doing...you are not responsible for a lot of the outcome. It just "what happens". Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:07:11 AM by infared »
5D III +BG, 5D IV +BG, Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, Rokinon 15mm f/2.4,  Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E, Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS, Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art, Canon 35mm f/1.4L II, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f/1.2L,  Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II & 1.4x III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 06:22:07 AM »

AcutancePhotography

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 06:42:19 AM »
Running a site like this is a thankless job.  For doing so, I thank you.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light

rfdesigner

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:39 AM »
To me CR is two things:

A bit of fun &
A resource, where a lot of knowledgable people congregate and I keep learning things.

So CR occasionally miss the target..  so what?..   I'm amazed at how often the target is hit.

thanks for all your efforts.
6D, 30D, 383L+, 28f1.8, 50STM, 100f2.0, 5.5"f8 scope, 12"f5 scope.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:39 AM »