July 21, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

Author Topic: More About the EOS 6D Mark II Shows Up for Certification  (Read 39598 times)

JoseB

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • Jose Barbosa Photography
Re: More About the EOS 6D Mark II Shows Up for Certification
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2017, 09:34:59 AM »
I have ML in my 6D. I enjoy a lot of features I allways use while photographing, some of them extensively refered by the people participating in this thread (for example focus peaking).
But... if I do not pay enough attention, the sensor temperature climbs up easily to de forties or even fifties Celcius...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:33:15 PM by JoseB »
6D, 16-35 f2.8 L II, 24-105 F4 IS L, 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS II, Gumboots

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2017, 09:34:59 AM »

jonese

• Canonflex
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
Haven't seen mention recently the rumor of the 6Dii being Android based instead of DryOS.  That was a really old rumor, so maybe it's not valid now.

That would slow/stop any initial Magic Lantern add-on firmware.  Could also open up a whole new possibility of extra features.

vangelismm

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2017, 10:03:56 AM »
Any confirmation on the number of cross type af points?

rrcphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
That is quite the change from....

Who's asking for perfect? Canon's feature sets are bested by Cameras half the price    ::)

No, it's not different. Many less expensive cameras offer 4K, focus peaking etc etc. That doesn't mean they are necessarily better cameras, just that the features set is better for me.

corrected your statement.

rfdesigner

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 12:07:05 AM »
No more GPS? Τhat is my favourite extra :(

+1 No idea how people manage without GPS tagging - but then I can't see how people manage without a tilty-flippy screen on a tripod, and most people seem to okay.

I think this thread relates to the radio (other?) testing of the device. My guess would be that it would therefore only detail electrical emission from the camera (i.e. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth). Since GPS is passive (the device listens to the GPS signals it doesn't send them) it wouldn't get mentioned here.

Personally, I'm waiting for the first 'sighting' thread of the 6D mark 2. You know, the thread where we work out its detailed internal specs from an out-of-focus image, of a corner of the case, from a range of 100m  :)

Correct

A FCC part 15 summary could be: it may only emit what the standard(s) allows.

Receivers still emit energy (i.e. local oscillator leakage), but these days you'd have to do a very poor job to get a receiver to fail an emissions test.  A test house will only need to know about intentional emissions, and if they meet the relevant standard.  GPS shouldn't emit, so doesn't need explicitly testing, other than to ensure it doesn't radiate, but you don't need to call up a GPS emissions test for that, it's just the same emissions test as any other non-radiating device.
6D, 30D, 383L+, 28f1.8, 50STM, 100f2.0, 5.5"f8 scope, 12"f5 scope.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 12:07:05 AM »