October 22, 2017, 01:57:16 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Mark II Announcement Coming in July [CR2]  (Read 36679 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Announcement Coming in July [CR2]
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:22:11 PM »
We’re told that the Canon EOS 6D Mark II will be announced in July of this year, though the exact date is unknown at the time of writing this. The EOS 6D Mark II will also start shipping relatively soon after the announcement, so it’s safe to say you should have your hands on the new camera some time in August, 2017.

Specifications have been extremely hard to come by, and anything out there currently is either made up or just logical features we can expect in the coming body.

We posted a predicted specifications list back in February, but it’s nothing more than conjecture at this point.

We do expect legitimate specifications to leak out in the coming month or so.

We put a [CR2] on this because announcement dates can move, though it’s more common with lenses than with camera bodies.

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Announcement Coming in July [CR2]
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:22:11 PM »

smr

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Re: Canon EOS 6D Mark II Announcement Coming in July [CR2]
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
 :D

Woohoo fantastic. I was literally just thinking about how tiring it is waiting for the 6Dmk2 and not knowing even if it will even be released.. i was just thinking i'll buy the 80D instead.

But July / August would be great! As long as its got at least 6fps and a much better focus system/more points i will get one. Cant wait to see what the specs are.

2 years into photography i am ready to upgrade my 700D now as i feel like the camera is holding me back and i know it inside out. Would be a great time to upgrade this Summer.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:45:56 PM by smr »

Rockskipper

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »
Does CR2 mean it has a higher level of probability?

I wish there was some way one could know how valid a rumor like this really is, as I'm getting ready to spend some bucks and could wait if it were true. I'm getting ready to take a trip into the Canadian Rockies and Coast Range and would love to have this by the end of July or thereabouts. Maybe I'll take my chances it's true and plan to go in the autumn instead.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:10:05 PM by Rockskipper »

Luds34

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »
Awesome! I wish it were sooner, I'm already missing my 6D. But I think I can hold out for a couple of months. This is much better then hearing it's delayed until Xmas!

I'd say I can't wait to hear the final specs but at this point I'm sure they will NOT disappoint me.

aceflibble

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 06:29:57 PM »
Good timing; I was just thinking of getting another backup body and couldn't decide whether to risk a punt on a knackered 5D2 or the fresher but slightly-more-expensive-than-I-like-to-pay-for-a-backup 6D. If the 6D2 comes soon, fingers crossed the used market gets flooded with 6Ds and the price bottoms out. Or maybe the 5D3 will do the same.

IglooEater

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 06:33:24 PM »
Good timing; I was just thinking of getting another backup body and couldn't decide whether to risk a punt on a knackered 5D2 or the fresher but slightly-more-expensive-than-I-like-to-pay-for-a-backup 6D. If the 6D2 comes soon, fingers crossed the used market gets flooded with 6Ds and the price bottoms out. Or maybe the 5D3 will do the same.

Haha, someone who thinks like me!  I almost thought I was reading one of my own comments. 

unfocused

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Mark Gordon Communications
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
Let the 7DIII rumors begin!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »

preppyak

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 07:27:11 PM »
I'm getting ready to take a trip into the Canadian Rockies and Coast Range and would love to have this by the end of July or thereabouts. Maybe I'll take my chances it's true and plan to go in the autumn instead.
While Canon is usually pretty good with product launches, the chance there is some major bug in the camera are still there, which would make it hard to rely on for a trip on Day 1. Not to mention going into a major trip not knowing how a new camera works...

Original 6D had a 2 month lag between announcement and shipping date. Even if this is faster, end of July is ambitious

Rockskipper

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
I'm getting ready to take a trip into the Canadian Rockies and Coast Range and would love to have this by the end of July or thereabouts. Maybe I'll take my chances it's true and plan to go in the autumn instead.
While Canon is usually pretty good with product launches, the chance there is some major bug in the camera are still there, which would make it hard to rely on for a trip on Day 1. Not to mention going into a major trip not knowing how a new camera works...

True dat. Maybe I'll just plan on using my old Captain Crunch pinhole camera (an old Rebel) or go ahead and get a 5dM4.

veng

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »
This would be great news for us Canon shooters who aren't quite in that 5D, 1DX market....hobbyists, enthusiasts who would like the cleaner images of full frame. If the 6D is spec'd around what the 80D, is, that would be more than enough for me. Don't really have any need for video features myself, although I realize a lot of you would like this. I would also like to see a jump to 1/8000 shutter speed as a wildlife photographer but probably wishful thinking there as well. Let's hope for the best middle ground for all of us at a price point that won't make us cringe. Keeping my fingers crossed!
If they do that, you can expect it to be priced slightly less than a 5D, because that's basically what you've described. 

ahsanford

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • USM > STM
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

Expect the 5D3 to go poof shortly after the 6D2 announcement.  There really is no reason to keep it alive any longer after that.

- A

Cory

• EOS 7D Mark II
    • Cory Steiner Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »
Is there any major difference between DIGIC 5 and DIGIC 7 and, if so, does it matter?  I'm on the verge of everything "crop" selling on ebay.
6D, 16-35 4.0 IS, 40, 135 2.0
430EXII, Induro AT113/Sirui K-20x, Sirui T-025x
https://www.twenty20.com/corsteiner/photos

camerone

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »
I've loved my 6D as long as I've had it, it hasn't really disappointed me at all. There are some limitations (cough sync speed cough) I'd like to see addressed in the 6D2 but I love the weight of the 6D. I'm willing to sacrifice crazy features if it means the body will stay just as petite... All I really hope for right now is that the 6D2 is super popular so that the market gets flooded with used ones in a couple of years :D
6D, 17-40/4, 24-105/4, 70-200/4, 50/1.8

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »

aceflibble

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »
Expect the 5D3 to go poof shortly after the 6D2 announcement.  There really is no reason to keep it alive any longer after that.

- A
That's what I'd hope. 6D was made to replace the 5D2 and mitigate the damage caused by the 5D2 on the second hand market, so I'd expect the 6D2 to be the same for the 5D3. The 5D3 has already ceased production, so they'll likely wait for the last remaining stock to be sold off, then get the 6D2 out there at a similar price point to a used 5D3.

Which is great for me. 6D and 5D3 prices will drop and there will be more copies around, so it should be easier to get a clean one. A 5D3 as a 3rd backup body would be a nice catch.

Original 6D had a 2 month lag between announcement and shipping date. Even if this is faster, end of July is ambitious
Cameras don't have a ~2 month gap between announcement and shipping because of bugs, necessarily. That's just standard production and marketing. You always want to leave as much time as possible between announcement and shipping so you can maximise pre-orders (people guaranteed to be paying the highest possible price) balanced against still getting things out soon enough that people don't forget about it and move on.

Nor is this unique to cameras, or photography. Every company does it for every product, everywhere. Phones, computer parts, game consoles, cars, musical instruments, vacuum cleaners; you name it, every company does it. There is no benefit at all to getting your product on store shelves directly after announcement. It's always better to wait and give the news time to spread and for orders to come in.

Always expect a minimum of 1 month between announcement and shipping of a new camera body; in the vast majority of cases it'll be in the 2-3 month range. Never be surprised if it takes 4-5 months. I would only expect something is actually going wrong in production if either they announce a delay from their original stated shipping date, or if their original shipping date is 6+ months from announcement in the first place.

ozwineguy

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:46 PM »
Let the 7DIII rumors begin!

Doesn't seem possible that it's been 2 1/2 years since it's release. I was so excited for it but was never happy with the image quality from the ones I've been able to use. As a camera designed for sports and wildlife shooters I would love to see Canon remove the low pass filter to squeeze out every last bit of sharpness from the next version, always felt they were a bit soft on the Mark II.

Ah so that's not just me then! I picked one up as a backup body - and also for the extra FPS and reach for the very odd occasions that I shoot sports (about once a year). The shots do feel quite soft to me, too. I was really surprised with that, because I'd heard so many great things about it. My brother has a 7DII as well, and his shots are the same (although he's happy enough with the camera - maybe I'm just picky).

I might sell my 7DII to fund a 6DII as my backup, and hire a 1DXII for those rare sports days. I previously had a 6D and quite liked the images out of it. An improvement in the AF system will do it for me.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:46 PM »