December 11, 2017, 12:53:17 AM

Author Topic: Canon Cinema EOS C200 Pics Leak Ahead of Announcement  (Read 10816 times)

tjc320

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Re: Canon Cinema EOS C200 Pics Leak Ahead of Announcement
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »

Just noticed something kinda huge. If these photos are accurate, we appear to be looking at a camera with an "optional" EFV. (note the rear view with a plate where the EVF should go. This could be a boon to the wedding guys in terms of pricing (one of the reasons the FS7 came in at such a low price initially was it's lack of a true EVF -- a 2-5k add-on on most cameras). My guess is we're gonna see options with and without it, and so pricing across a range say from $5.9k-8.5k. Also, one could spend that money on properly placed zacuto eye or maybe even the canon pro EVF. I think for me the key is where they start differentiating this thing from the  C300II. Right now it's looking like the main diff is a single Cfast slot and less connectivity. I gotta think they will do something regarding the codecs (nix the 12bit or 10bit 4k) or Log Gammas (perhaps nixing Clog2 but keeping clog3?), and I wouldn't rule out a 4k 60 mode just to quiet the sony laughter if they don't --they did this with the C100mkII getting 1080p60 before the C300.)

Good thoughts. I saw the removable EVF but didn't have the thought that it might be a additional cost. Being able to remove it is awesome for drone/gimbal work. This camera seems to be suited well for that.

I can see this fitting into the wedding industry very well. I'm not sure why people keep comparing cameras like this to DSLRs - they might have some overlapping functionality but overall they are completely different. I've used the C300MII for a few weddings in the past and it was a bit bulky but worth it for the image is gives. If this camera gives a similar image with less bulk it will be perfect. The first time I used the C300MII all I've been asking for was a smaller camera that can deliver the same quality images as the C300MII proxy files. This looks like it's going to be that camera and more. This might not work for most wedding shooters but for higher budget weddings this camera will likely be standard. I've even considered shooting with RED on weddings despite it's stupidity (but honestly, other than file size and camera size it's more of a hassle to use a DSLR than a RED). Two of C200's paired with a 5DMIV would be an excellent wedding package.

I thought initially that this camera wouldn't be 60p 4k because that's just not Canon's style but if it has a CFast card slot I think that it might actually be pulling off 60p. This undercuts the C300MII a bit but I believe that we'll see huge cuts in the codec quality - which makes sense since it won't be geared towards commercial work but rather documentary.

Pricing-wise I would put it at around $8500. This will compete with the FS5 priced at $5,750 so I feel like they can't go much higher than $8500 but will price it down to $7,000 in a year or so after shipping.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:34:01 AM by tjc320 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »

bgoyette

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »

Just noticed something kinda huge. If these photos are accurate, we appear to be looking at a camera with an "optional" EFV. (note the rear view with a plate where the EVF should go. This could be a boon to the wedding guys in terms of pricing (one of the reasons the FS7 came in at such a low price initially was it's lack of a true EVF -- a 2-5k add-on on most cameras). My guess is we're gonna see options with and without it, and so pricing across a range say from $5.9k-8.5k. Also, one could spend that money on properly placed zacuto eye or maybe even the canon pro EVF. I think for me the key is where they start differentiating this thing from the  C300II. Right now it's looking like the main diff is a single Cfast slot and less connectivity. I gotta think they will do something regarding the codecs (nix the 12bit or 10bit 4k) or Log Gammas (perhaps nixing Clog2 but keeping clog3?), and I wouldn't rule out a 4k 60 mode just to quiet the sony laughter if they don't --they did this with the C100mkII getting 1080p60 before the C300.)

Good thoughts. I saw the removable EVF but didn't have the thought that it might be a additional cost. Being able to remove it is awesome for drone/gimbal work. This camera seems to be suited well for that.

I can see this fitting into the wedding industry very well. I'm not sure why people keep comparing cameras like this to DSLRs - they might have some overlapping functionality but overall they are completely different. I've used the C300MII for a few weddings in the past and it was a bit bulky but worth it for the image is gives. If this camera gives a similar image with less bulk it will be perfect. The first time I used the C300MII all I've been asking for was a smaller camera that can deliver the same quality images as the C300MII proxy files. This looks like it's going to be that camera and more. This might not work for most wedding shooters but for higher budget weddings this camera will likely be standard. I've even considered shooting with RED on weddings despite it's stupidity (but honestly, other than file size and camera size it's more of a hassle to use a DSLR than a RED). Two of C200's paired with a 5DMIV would be an excellent wedding package.

I thought initially that this camera wouldn't be 60p 4k because that's just not Canon's style but if it has a CFast card slot I think that it might actually be pulling off 60p. This undercuts the C300MII a bit but I believe that we'll see huge cuts in the codec quality - which makes sense since it won't be geared towards commercial work but rather documentary.

Pricing-wise I would put it at around $8500. This will compete with the FS5 priced at $5,750 so I feel like they can't go much higher than $8500 but will price it down to $7,000 in a year or so after shipping.

I think today we should find out whether this thing competes with the Fs7 or Fs5 (or both), and that will come down to codec options (specifically whether it is 10bit in 4k or 8bit). Not sure that EVF is "removable" in the classic sense. Never seen canon use 4 phillips screws as part of a "modular" design before (Quick Dan, we need to throw this thing on the gimbal...got those 4 screws I gave you this morning?). Not that it won't be user replaceable, but it looks more like an either/or situation rather than a true modular design. Interesting though in that this is something you expect in the higher end model (c700) whereas canon has always made their lower end cameras pretty self contained. I'm also curious about that LCD...looks so much more beefy than the current products, you got to wonder why.

Navism

• Canonflex
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 12:36:01 AM »
Great!
It should have 4k60p.
have youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmeVcLsiCQg

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:00:51 AM by Navism »

fentiger

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 01:51:55 AM »
The C200 is the latest addition to the Cinema EOS line and offers high dynamic range 4K cinematic imagery up to 60P in a compact, modular body. It is an ideal Super 35mm camcorder for a variety of applications, from corporate content to narrative filmmaking. Its extensive high-end features include:

•   K DCI 60P 10Bit / 4K 30P 12Bit in Canon Raw Light to CFast Card
•   UHD 60P 8Bit 4:2:0 in 150mbps MPEG 4 to SD Cards
•   Canon Log and Canon Log 3 Gamma Curves
•   120fps in Full HD with no sensor crop
•   Uncompressed UHD 8Bit 4:2:2 via HDMI Output

And the UK price £7699
1DX11 EF400 2.8, EF35 1.4ll, EF24 1.4ll,  EF24-70ll, EF70-200 2.8ll,

leGreve

• EOS 80D
  • Full time photographer and film maker omnifilm.dk
    • OmniFilm DK
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 03:50:15 AM »
There's an hands on here:

http://www.newsshooter.com/2017/05/31/canon-c200-4k-60p-touchscreen-af-new-canon-cinema-raw-light/

A bit underwhelming to be honest :S I can't really tell from the specs or article, it he Raw Light limited to 4k only, or will we be able to shoot HD with it as well?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 03:50:15 AM »