November 22, 2017, 08:10:43 AM

Author Topic: Great Canon article on Eclipse Photography  (Read 6019 times)

Talys

• EOS 7D Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
Re: Great Canon article on Eclipse Photography
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 02:07:38 AM »
Best of luck to you guys in Oregon.  I hear there may be clouds that day :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 02:07:38 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 5-1500mm f/1.0L IS
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 07:36:47 AM »
Mt Spokane, where you staying in Oregon? I'm driving east from Seattle with couple friends with RV, turn south at Yakima and camp at Madras. Hoping for clear skies :)

I have a hotel in Pendleton and am planning to attempt to drive south in the AM.  However,  A friend living in the totality zone told us that gas stations are already running out, prices have jumped, it sounds like chaos is coming.    Even some colleges and Universities are renting dorm rooms to take advantage of the extra cash.

The situation in Madras already sounds like a Zoo, I hope it does not get worse.  http://www.oregonlive.com/eclipse/2017/08/eclipse_traffic_clogs_gas_stations_roads_central_oregon.html

In the worst case, I'll just stay in or near Pendleton.  I'm bringing food and water, and will make sure to gas up in Walla Walla.  I have 450 + mile range on a tank, but don'y like to drive more thasn 350 without filling up.  I'm not going to carry gas inside my car, I'd stay home first.

Valvebounce

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Doing my best to get all of this to work together.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 09:50:43 AM »
Hi Mt Spokane.
I just had a look at the Oregon live link, mayhem, hopefully the 30,000 people at the festival will not cause too much trouble, we have approx 60,000 come to our little island by car and foot ferry and descend on the capitol town, they have got the additional disruption from that fairly well controlled.
As for the rest of you all heading there, be safe, considerate and have fun.

Cheers, Graham.

Mt Spokane, where you staying in Oregon? I'm driving east from Seattle with couple friends with RV, turn south at Yakima and camp at Madras. Hoping for clear skies :)

I have a hotel in Pendleton and am planning to attempt to drive south in the AM.  However,  A friend living in the totality zone told us that gas stations are already running out, prices have jumped, it sounds like chaos is coming.    Even some colleges and Universities are renting dorm rooms to take advantage of the extra cash.

The situation in Madras already sounds like a Zoo, I hope it does not get worse.  http://www.oregonlive.com/eclipse/2017/08/eclipse_traffic_clogs_gas_stations_roads_central_oregon.html

In the worst case, I'll just stay in or near Pendleton.  I'm bringing food and water, and will make sure to gas up in Walla Walla.  I have 450 + mile range on a tank, but don'y like to drive more thasn 350 without filling up.  I'm not going to carry gas inside my car, I'd stay home first.
7DII+Grip, 1DsIII, 7D+Grip, 40D+Grip, EF 24-105 f4L EF-S 17-85, EF-S 10-22, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II, EF 1.4xIII, 2xIII, EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6l IS II, Σ17-70 f2.8-4 C, EF 50mm f1.8, YN600EX-RT, YN-E3-RT, Filters, Remotes, Macro tubes, Tripods, heads etc!

1DsIII, 20D, 24-105, 17-85, Nifty 50 pre owned

bholliman

• EOS 5DS R
    • [color=blue]Flick[/color][color=red]r[/color]
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 11:40:39 PM »

Wow, this is crazy.  I hope you are able to get into the zone of totality and observe it  OK.
5DsR, EF Lenses: 35mm f/2IS, 300mm f/2.8L II IS, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-70mm f/2.8LII, 70-200mm f/2.8LIS II, 100-400mm II
M5, M series lenses: Rokinon 12mm f/2, EF-M 22mm f/2, 18-150mm
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68928679@N05

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 11:40:39 PM »