December 13, 2017, 06:26:46 AM

Author Topic: Isn't That Cute? The EOS Rebel SL2 in White & Silver  (Read 12312 times)

tron

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
Re: Isn't That Cute? The EOS Rebel SL2 in White & Silver
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 10:21:40 AM »
Not cute! Sorry!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 10:21:40 AM »

Don Haines

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
IMHO what is missing is an "Hello Kitty" edition, and a gold plated one, with diamond buttons.

I NEED! the hello kitty version to take pictures of Fluffy!
The best camera is the one in your hands

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »
The SL2 is not cute.  Any dSLR made in 2017 that does not have AF micro-adjust is poison because of competition with mirrorless.  Enjoy just missing focus unless stopped way down.

Cheers!

slclick

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • You might have more or less gear
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 02:46:45 PM »
The SL2 is not cute.  Any dSLR made in 2017 that does not have AF micro-adjust is poison because of competition with mirrorless.  Enjoy just missing focus unless stopped way down.

Cheers!

This model might just be at the top of the tier of where users don't know about, care about or would even attempt adjustments like that. I know, we are in a microcosm here on CR and many assumptions are made but really. No one is using that feature in the real world outside photo dorks like us.

tron

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »

Cheers!
Because of competition with mirrorless SL2 supports Auto focusing using Live View. So it has no disadvantage compared with them...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:07:08 PM by tron »

danski0224

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 04:49:31 PM »
IMHO what is missing is an "Hello Kitty" edition, and a gold plated one, with diamond buttons.

I'd get a Hello Kitty edition. Why not?

Bennymiata

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »
When I was younger, ALL cameras came in silver with either black or tan leathette trims.
Then in the late 1960's, some SLRs became available in black, at extra cost.

Some years ago I bought a white Pentax and really liked it.

I'd love a white or silver 5d4.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

dak723

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »

Cheers!

This model might just be at the top of the tier of where users don't know about, care about or would even attempt adjustments like that. I know, we are in a microcosm here on CR and many assumptions are made but really. No one is using that feature in the real world outside photo dorks like us.

Exactly.  Even some folks who know about AFMA don't find it necessary.  My lenses have always been sharp enough to sell photos.  Super sharp can be a negative (Yes, I understand that CR folks won't understand that!)

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 07:15:09 PM »

Cheers!
Because of competition with mirrorless SL2 supports Auto focusing using Live View. So it has no disadvantage compared with them...

That is a good point, but a major selling point of dSLR's is the optical viewfinder.

tron

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »

Cheers!

That is a good point, but a major selling point of dSLR's is the optical viewfinder.
I agree. Of course it would be better with AFMA, can't argue with that.
P.S By the way the black sl2 is cute. My comments of SL2 not being cute referred to the other colors  :)

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 06:07:25 AM »
When I was younger, ALL cameras came in silver with either black or tan leathette trims.
Then in the late 1960's, some SLRs became available in black, at extra cost.

When you detached the leather, it was metal under it. Lenses were too metallic and rarely painted. The 50s/60s were the era of big chrome/silver surfaces - airplanes, cars, appliances, but that faded in the 70s.

Some photographers preferred black cameras/lenses because they hardly caused unwanted reflections, otherwise you may have needed some black gaffer tape to stop them - although it's true that under the Sun they gather more heat. High-contrast markings are also more easily visible, especially in low light.

Black cameras/lenses became available when the technologies to obtain black metals (painted or not) improved, and paint, when used,  didn't start to detach after some use. Then plastic materials became common for the outer shell, and imitating metal may lead to ugly, cheap ones, or good looking but more expensive ones.

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2017, 06:09:48 AM »

I'd get a Hello Kitty edition. Why not?

So should we petition Canon for a "Hello Kitty" version? <G> It could be useful to photograph children, anyway... "look at the pink camera and smile!"

tron

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »
Maybe Disney edition SL2 next?   :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »