October 22, 2014, 10:42:12 PM

Author Topic: First LensRental Just Arrived  (Read 3210 times)

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: First LensRental Just Arrived
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
I thought I heard in his interview he did a few months ago he said he doesn't rent to the USA, just canada?

Lensrentals.com is different than lensrentalcanada.com that Craig runs.

Is it the same company or two separate companies?  That may be where my confusion was when I heard craig saying they dont ship to USA?

I believe they are separate companies but I think they are friends or something like that.

Gotcha... Thanks for the info
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »

LR-Drew

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
Hi guys, I'm Drew, I work for Lensrentals. I really appreciate all the kind words that everyone has said here about us.

For those of you that are confused, we are a completely separate entity from LensRentalsCanada, although we are close friends with them and try and steer all of our Canadian friends their way. We only ship in the United States.

If anyone has any questions about Lensrentals, just let me know.

friedmud

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:25 PM »
Good to hear that my experience isn't an isolated incident!

I think I'm going to be doing this again... probably with a 70-200 f/4 IS.  Really thinking about picking one up, but with all of the good experiences with LR (including my own) I'll probably try before I buy...

samkatz

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 01:13:24 AM »
I've rented from lenrentals at least a dozen times. First, if I'm not sure if I want to own a particular lens, I'll rent it for a week.  For example,  I rented a 15-85 and 24-105 together. (bought  the former. IQ was great, the dreaded CA I read about was not apparent)
 Second, there are some lenses that I only need once or twice a year and I can't afford to own.

Finally, I love the fact that they'll ship it to a UPS store anywhere in the US. I travel by rail a lot and love the convenience of having a big heavy lens waiting for me at my destination.

As the previous posters have said, the customer service is AAA+.  Never had a shipment come late, never had a lens come that was in less than pristine condition. If you have a comment or question about a rental, someone gets back to you ASAP.  I think they do a great service for photographers especially 'prosumers' who like to try different things but are on a budget.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:17:15 AM by samkatz »

Halfrack

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 02:44:36 AM »
Roger is an evil man...  He'll put things in front of you that you can't afford, and have a sh*t eating grin from ear to ear... 

I've rented for fun, I've purchased from them and I've even returned a purchase. 
"Me owning a lens shop is kind of like having an alcoholic bar tender." - Roger Cicala

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 02:44:36 AM »