September 30, 2014, 06:56:48 AM

Author Topic: What must the Japanese think?  (Read 3159 times)

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: What must the Japanese think?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
Mind you, I'm not sure that the 7D II will be out any time soon myself...

One can dream... :)

I've been on the mindset/impression the 7D was on the same cycle as the 5d2 and 1d series (every 3 years give or take) but then again the 1dx series was longer than that and we're still waiting on the 5d series so i probably wouldn't expect a 7D replacement at least until 4th quarter this year or maybe next year if the production delays continue on this camera
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »
This thread is entirely too reasonable. Must be something wrong. :)

However, I don't really imagine that Canon takes much of what is discussed on this site seriously. They may have a few marketing people assigned to monitor photo sites, but doubt they pay a lot of attention. Mostly this site is for entertainment and for sharing ideas and information (or sometimes misinformation).

I also spent most of my life using film and find today's technology stunning. I don't always love the cost, but can't really complain about the quality that is available today. Some things, life flash units, I find absolutely amazing. I think things have advanced in that area even more than in digital cameras over the past 30 years.

The 7D is the finest camera I have ever owned (including an F1). It's much smarter than I am. I love using it and I love the results. Still, I can't wait to see what Canon does with the next generation. Anticipation is at least half the fun.

+100  this has been my impression with the modern digital cameras to date compared to film
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

BobSanderson

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 02:08:59 PM »
I've been on the mindset/impression the 7D was on the same cycle as the 5d2 and 1d series (every 3 years give or take) but then again the 1dx series was longer than that and we're still waiting on the 5d series so i probably wouldn't expect a 7D replacement at least until 4th quarter this year or maybe next year if the production delays continue on this camera

That is also what I am expecting. I do hope it is this year though.

mb66energy

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »

I am also frustrated at times with the selection (it is not perfect for my particular needs and budget) but I can't help but be amazed with what my current Canon equipment can do. I have progressed more in the last 6 years of digital work than in the prior 30 of 35mm and dark room work. We live in a great age of tech progress and Canon has delivered beyond what I could ever have imagined...at least that is my POV.

The highlighted sentence expresses what I feel about the possibilities we now have in our hands - because it is affordable and it works.

I like my 40D bodies and an upgrade is only necessary for videography. Go back 10 years - you had to pay 50000 or 100000 $ or Euros to make ultrawide available for video, or macro, or long telephoto. Now its a matter of 600 $/Euro for the camera and a few thousands for a great set of lenses.

Very often I think it just lacks on time and dedication to use these proper tools which are available AND affordable today ... that's the real problem with photography and videography in my opinion!
TOOLS: EF-S 10-22 | 60 || EF 2.8/24 | 2.8/40* | 2.8 100 Macro* |2.0/100 | 4.0/70-200* | 5.6/400* || 2 x 40D | 600D | EOS M  [* most used lenses]

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
Honestly, if Canon had put a 15 or 19 point AF system based on the 1Dsmk3 and 5fps in the 5D2 when it was introduced 3+ years ago, how many people here would be complaining about not getting the 5D3 released yet? They could have listed that at $2999 back then and the technology was available to do it.

A camera of that type would be heads and shoulders above todays market for IQ, handling, and ability.  I know I would not trade that for what's on the market today.

So....given that, are we asking for too much?  I don't think so.

+1 ... exactly my opinion!

And now ... as far as I am concerned bothe the 5D III and the 7D II should come not only with the 1 D IV AF-system but with Eye-Tracking AF on top. Of course improved from the EOS 3 days to 2012 state of the art.

That would really benefit most of us every time we peek through the finder to frame a shot and try to get into  focus whatever we want to be in focus. ANd it would benefit Canon big time, as they would have a USP that lasts 3+ years.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
Honestly, if Canon had put a 15 or 19 point AF system based on the 1Dsmk3 and 5fps in the 5D2 when it was introduced 3+ years ago, how many people here would be complaining about not getting the 5D3 released yet? They could have listed that at $2999 back then and the technology was available to do it.

A camera of that type would be heads and shoulders above todays market for IQ, handling, and ability.  I know I would not trade that for what's on the market today.

So....given that, are we asking for too much?  I don't think so.

+1 ... exactly my opinion!

And now ... as far as I am concerned bothe the 5D III and the 7D II should come not only with the 1 D IV AF-system but with Eye-Tracking AF on top. Of course improved from the EOS 3 days to 2012 state of the art.

That would really benefit most of us every time we peek through the finder to frame a shot and try to get into  focus whatever we want to be in focus. ANd it would benefit Canon big time, as they would have a USP that lasts 3+ years.

hah all they needed to have done was put the 60D AF system in the 5D2 and no one would be complaining...
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »