October 19, 2017, 02:05:33 AM

Author Topic: Another EOS 7D Mark III Wishlist Makes the Rounds, Along With Some Opinion [CR0]  (Read 4137 times)

kaptainkatsu

• EOS Rebel 300D
  • 1DX Mark II
(as I assume there is a new 1 DXIII coming for the World Cup in 2018) which will need more FPS to highlight it as a flagship camera.

More likely the 2020 Olympics
1DX II | 7D II x2 (one for sale) | 16-35 f/4 | 18-135 | 24 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 70-200 F/2.8 II | 85 f/1.8

canon rumors FORUM

haggie

• EOS Rebel 300D
  • 80D
Although there (suddenly) is a lot of talk about video features for the 7D Mark III, I sincerely hope this does not drive up the price of the replacement for the 7D mark II.

No doubt there are users that would like to have better video in a crop body than available right now. I liked the video in the 70D and also like the video in my 80D. But it is not 4K.

From Canon’s perspective it might make sense to include 4K in the replacement for the 7D Mark II. The successor for the 7D Mark II will surely have a high data throughput to allow for higher fps. Therefore, much of the hardware “infrastructure” that is also required for 4K video will have to be present in this new camera.
This fact makes it interesting for Canon to incorporate 4K video, because it will be a feature that may be sold for a high returns for this new camera and yet have relatively low repetitive (extra) costs in manufacturing.

If Canon's Sales Department wants to target a new video audience with the 7D Mark III, they may be tempted to raise the price beyond what it would have been if the 7D Mark III did not have these advanced video features. They are in the business of making money.

I just hope that the price of the 7D Mark III will not substantially go up as a result of incorporating 4K video – or any advanced video features for that matter.
Like many others, I would like a capable crop camera for action photography, and am willing to pay for fast autofocus and better IQ (including better DR).
But not so much for video features that are not of interest for me.
Canon 80D   ,   Canon  EF-S 10-18 IS STM f/4.5-5.6   ,   Canon EF-S 15-85 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM   ,   Canon EF-S 55-250 IS STM f/4.0-5.6   ,   Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM

unfocused

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Mark Gordon Communications
Although there (suddenly) is a lot of talk about video features for the 7D Mark III, I sincerely hope this does not drive up the price of the replacement for the 7D mark II.

No doubt there are users that would like to have better video in a crop body than available right now. I liked the video in the 70D and also like the video in my 80D. But it is not 4K...

While I don't believe video features add to the cost of cameras (increased sales offset any additional costs and at their heart, all digital cameras are video cameras anyway), I've long felt that it made the most sense to designate the XXD series camera as the video-optimized camera in the APS-C line and keep the 7D series focused primarily on stills.

I don't know if Canon agrees though.

johnhenry

• EOS Rebel 300D
28m ---> 26.5m

4k Video ---> some kind of cropped 4k or none at all

They keep lowering expectation for their cameras as the rumor mill gains accuracy. Just like the 6D Mark II

Adrianf

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
I feel that Canon's objective is simple. The Nikon D500 has a slight advantage in performance over the 7D2. Canon needs the 7D3 to be better, in every way, than the D500, but not by much. If they can't do that, then eventually the D500 replacement will blow Canon's crop cameras off the map. It should be a game of leap-frog - that's healthy competition, and drives development targets. The other thing is, too many megapixels and we'll all need the fanciest glassware to keep up.

canon rumors FORUM