December 15, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

Author Topic: High glossy inkjet paper - what do you use?  (Read 502 times)

sanjosedave

• EOS M5
High glossy inkjet paper - what do you use?
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:10:56 PM »
Started printing some images. Have a set of Antelope Canyon images I want to print on high glossy, but haven't used that paper for a long time, would appreciate any feedback from anyone printing glossy. I like, sometimes, Peter Lik images, but don't want to print acrylic.

canon rumors FORUM

High glossy inkjet paper - what do you use?
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:10:56 PM »

Zeidora

• EOS 7D Mark II
Re: High glossy inkjet paper - what do you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:57:32 PM »
I use it for academic botanicals and natural history to get high contrast and popping fine structure. I accept the glare problem. I have an Epson and have used Epson ultra premium high gloss, and also some Illford high gloss papers. I've also have used some pearl paper, and find the lower pop not ideal. Matt paper would kill my subject matter.

As with anything it has a lot to do with individual preference and specific application rather than good vs. bad. Try to get fine detail on rag paper and you are out of luck. If you want to get a hand-crafted feel, high gloss is not ideal.

Get the appropriate paper profiles and use a calibrated display to get best approximation.
5D2 full spectrum, 5DsR, a bunch of Zeiss (some other) primes, for documentary natural history, macro, and micro.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: High glossy inkjet paper - what do you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:57:32 PM »