July 25, 2014, 09:44:34 PM

Author Topic: No 7D Mark II? [CR1]  (Read 38469 times)

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: No 7D Mark II? [CR1]
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »
Never a 7D sensor will beat 5D2. but 7D is in a other class ( inferior class) . is just like comparing a standard compact car with a upper class sedan. always the sedan will have (in standard) more gadgets and more potent engine.

Ok, back to the topic....

I believe the 7D2 will bring more feature and improved IQ; but i think will ad another 1K to the price. 7D series WILL CONTINUE and will have his well known place as a 1DX backup.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2012, 07:31:19 AM »
I think there will be some continuation - birders need it. It might get complicated if Canon responses to d800 in terms of MPs. 45MP FF would give some 17MP  in APS-C and 28MP in APS-H in crop.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

gecko

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »
For all those 7D fanboys who got all up in my grill earlier in this thread because I said the 7D noise is horrible compared to the 5DII (and then made themselves feel better by -rep'ing me), I wasn't talking out my backside.
Click on the ISO100's and you'll see the difference. That the 7D has quite a fair bit of noise, even at base ISO100.  Look at all those grey areas - they all look pretty grainy to me. No click on 5DMarkII - much cleaner. That was readily apparent to me in real world tests with the naked eye, well before I saw this link.

Seriously - being objective and telling a 7D owner that their image sensor is inferior to a full frame is like telling a religious zealot in a strange cult that their God doesn't exist. Some people seriously need to get over themselves and realize it's just a camera, and not an extension of their ego.

Don't take it personally, fanboys will be fanboys. Also, don't worry I'd bet that everyone who gave you grief over a previous comment about the 7D vs. 5DmkII has probably never used a 5DmkII lol. I had a 7D and sold it because it couldn't hang with the IQ and ISO performance of my 5DmkII. T....Don't get me wrong, the 7D could produce acceptable images for professional applications; but it wasn't better than a 5DmkII  ;).

All spot on.

But I've been pretty happy with my 7D anyway - got a front cover wilderness calender with it......in the very conditions that the 7D most sucks at; low light, long exposure, dark areas.  Horrible chroma noise in the shadows requiring a shed load of NR, which really smeared the detail.

Technically an awful photo, significantly due to the 7D's shortcomings.......but it looked great. 
EOS 3, 7D, 5DII, EF 17-40 f4L, EF 100-400 f4-5.6L,  TS-E 24 f3.5 II, Zeiss 21.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »
I think canon should revamp the eos line like this.

1Dx - flagship pro level awesomeness body. full frame.
5d3 - The all rounder camera with sweet resolution and decent fps. Full frame.
7D2 - high speed photojournalist/sport camera for less $. APS-H sensor, high fps.
70D - where the 7D really should have been. New aps-c sensor with high FPS.
Rebel - consumer grade ease of use and good IQ and a reasonable price.

Most of this is just a pipe dream though.  >:(

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2012, 08:24:15 AM »
Here’s my 2p worth’s prediction…… the replacement for the 7D, whatever it’s nomenclature will have f8 max app focusing.

peederj

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
I want an APS-C version of the 5D3 for reach purposes. To make my lens collection more versatile without sacrificing anything else. And I do think if 5D3 sales are good we'll be offered one.

I also want a T4i that at least matches the feature sets (and video detail!) of the mirrorless cameras in a small form factor so I don't feel jealous and want to buy adapters for my EF glass.

These are obvious desires I would think would form the base minimum a competent company would plan and deliver.

aslw26

« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
[Prediction 1]

Canon said that it would never 'leave' the APS-H standard, with the merger of lines between 1Ds and 1D forming the 1DX, there would be no more APS-H sensor for the line. Where could the APS-H sensor go to? I think the next 7D.

[Prediction 2]

It wouldn't be a high-resolution sensor. If Canon insists it for the photojournalists/ sports photographer, than a huge megapixel count would cause it to need more processing and would in turn bring lesser burst rate (unless it has a super crazy processor). Lesser burst rate won't be good for such photographers right?

*These are just predictions of my wild brain.*
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:47:36 AM by aslw26 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »

darrellrhodesmiller

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
i just dont see it..
 here's how i see the future canon lineup

1DX
5DmkIII
maybe a cheaper full frame
70D
Rebel

60D and 7D are too close.. too many features are the same.. and the price difference isnt enough.. features just arent different enough..

i'm really looking forward to seeing how canon handles mirrorless. thats really what i'm looking forward to
D

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »
i just dont see it..
 here's how i see the future canon lineup

1DX
5DmkIII
maybe a cheaper full frame
70D
Rebel

60D and 7D are too close.. too many features are the same.. and the price difference isnt enough.. features just arent different enough..

i'm really looking forward to seeing how canon handles mirrorless. thats really what i'm looking forward to
D

There must be either a top line aps-c or mirrorless using ef-s
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

darrellrhodesmiller

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2012, 10:21:53 AM »
why couldnt the 70D fit in as top of the line?

dooboo

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »
Canon maybe revamping their product line, which started with 1 series with 1DX.

with 5D3 at different price points, Canon maybe thinking something totally different with 7 series bodies.

Just because Canon has been making certain body, doesn't mean they are going to continue down that path. 

Maybe 5D3e for dumbed down FF at lower price point?

Maybe move the 7 series line to the lower cost FF.  Maybe Canon will decide to skip a generation on making this switch then come back with FF body transformation.  Maybe...

This way, all the xD series will be mostly FF, xxD will be semi-pro APS-c body, then Rebel TXi will be consumer line.  I know I think way it makes sense to me. 

I think Canon is going thru some transformation regarding product portfolio...and they are taking a top down approach, IMHO

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »
why couldnt the 70D fit in as top of the line?

Because the 7D is already the top of the line.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

dawgfanjeff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Site:
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »
As a non-pro, but discriminating 7D shooter that upgraded from Rebel world when it came out, I am thrilled with my 7D, but I am aware of its limitations.  The AF alone made that a no-brainer.   I have way too many kid/dog/sports shots that would be usable if not for missed focus.  All the other 7D stuff was icing on the cake.    That said, I unfortunately cannot claim noticeably better IQ of equally focused shots.  I hate noise, I really do, but have come to live with it rather than have a nice clean image of a blurry dog jumping for a tennis ball.
This makes the 5DIII potentially the perfect upgrade for me.  I'd already be a 5DII shooter it not for the AF.
Seems like a 7DII that emphasized IQ, at same MP, $1k cheaper than the MKIII, they'd have a hard time keeping then stocked.

5DIII, | 100 2.8 Macro | 24-105L |
70-200 f/4L IS | 50 1.4 | 10-22 (for sale!)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »

AnselA

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »
There is plenty of pricing and design room for a 7D Mark II. It would stay as the top prosumer camera. There are features that would make it attractive for action shooters that could be added w/out damaging any of the DSLR line: better low light performance (less noise), improved IQ, 61 AF metering system, match the 5D Mark III video, and a faster focusing system. I would be queued up right away at $1,600.

takoman46

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »
There is plenty of pricing and design room for a 7D Mark II. It would stay as the top prosumer camera. There are features that would make it attractive for action shooters that could be added w/out damaging any of the DSLR line: better low light performance (less noise), improved IQ, 61 AF metering system, match the 5D Mark III video, and a faster focusing system. I would be queued up right away at $1,600.

That sounds like way too many features to fit a $1600 price point. I think if they were to make a detuned aps-c version of the 5DmkIII it would have to be at least $2500. Also, with all those features and a $1600 price tag, don't you think that would hurt sales of 5DmkIII's and even 1DX's? There would be a ton of people choosing the 7D over a 5 or 1 series because they believe it's the better bang for your buck.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »