November 28, 2014, 04:37:12 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III/X Information [CR1]  (Read 52747 times)

Martin

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mark III/X Information [CR1]
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
Canon do not care about me, as a customer. I need to wait to long for the new product which for me is 5dmarkIII. To be honest I do not think that they will do enything worth staying with them. Despite the fact i am heavy invested in Canon's gear, now i am considering switching back to nikon with it d800 and great AF and many many other benefits. I originally came from Nikon D300, to Canon's team, but i am really dissapointed with the gear. In my opinion Canon does not move forward, they make everything to let us think they make a huge steps, but thats only marketing., thats only few paid photographers who push good opinions in the web. I will lost a lot selling my Canon gear, but i really think thay its not worth staying with them. It's strange i know but-Canon is a step behing Nikon, they just dont have good ideas, they dont think in revolutionary way, they only slightly rebuild old products, the dont satisfy thier costumers, imho they just look at Nikon product and want to have something similar, but worse...why not...well...people  will not sell their gear and switch to Nikon.hmmm i probably will . I am preaty sure thet 5d3 which is really awaited by many people will be so close to old one, that we will be badly suprised. Thats how i think about canon. Nikon always gives something extra in terms of value and imaging, something new, revolutionary and better, Canon just follow their ideas in let me say-unprofessional way. Give me one example of Canon product which was revolutionary (Camera-no, Lens-maybe (f1.2), Speedlight-NO!, ISO-NO, AF-NO NO NO!,dynamic range-NO!!!! etc etc,) look at Nikon to compare (D3, D3s, D3x, D800, Flashes, D7000)...no comment. Unfortunately I regret buying Canon at the moment. Few days ago a spoke with person who owns a camera service, and his opinion about Canon built quality was so bad, i could not belive. To proof he showed me a lot of in camera mechanisms of canon and nikon. After that i was really suprised. Only canon 1series are built nice. 5d and lower models are just toys in comparison to all Nikon models. I know it all sounds strange cause i am Canon owner, but I am trying to be honest with me and other people.
5D3, 35L, 85 1.8, 135L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS II, 580 EX II.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2012, 08:43:06 AM »
Canon is a very conservative company. They will not be doing anything revolutionary in the 5DIII/X. For video they there's not much more they can do other than tweaking the CODEC to improve the quality. You can be certain that they will not offer a clean HDMI output.

Regarding the sensor it seems that Canon has not been making as much progress on per pixel quality as the Sony/Nikon sensors over the past few years. The pixel quality of the Nikon D7000, Sony NEX-7, and D800 are pretty darn good. The early reports are showing that the D800 is producing noise similar to a D700 which is insane considering the D800's 4.88um pixel pitch compared to the D700's 8.45um. Canon has gone on record to claim that the 1DX has a 2 stop improvement in noise, for JPEG only, and will not go on record to say anything about RAW. This 2 stop improvement is also comparing the 1DX's 6.95um pixel pitch to the 5.7um pitch of the 1DIV. One can reasonably assume that Canon has not drastically improved the QE of their pixels and/or read out noise.

The 22MP specs of the rumored new 5D seems consistent with Canon's conservative strategy. I would expect no more than a 0.5 stop improvement in noise and better AF. Although this seems like something that most people are happy with here's the problem. Canon is going to rape us on the price. Looking at their latest pricing strategy for their lenses I wouldn't be surprised if these modest 5D improvements will come at a very steep price increase.

It seems that Canon's executive management has changed strategy to focus more on improving profit margins rather than gaining market share. The best way to do this is to drastically increase prices. They probably figure that it's time to harvest the benefits of the fantastic market share gain they have earned over the past 5 years. Now that people are locked into the Canon system it's time to jack up the price.

This seems to be an arguement based on very little hard evidense, some claims about two cameras that have yet to find there way into many peoples hands that offer very different features(most obviously high ISO capabilities).

The main negative of Canon's position to me seems to be that because all there DSLR sensors are made in house they tend to see the light of day less often. In reality we've not seen a new design since the 7D 2 1/2 years ago so its really impossible to judge whether they've kept up with Nikon/Sony's more recent advancements or not.

The pricing and features are really a total unknown aswell,  of course the 5D mk2 lagged behind the D700 in AF and build but offered superior resolution and video. In terms of lenses Canon's prices seem very similar to Nikon's while in many cases(70-200's, looks like the new 24-70 aswell) offering superior performance.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:11:24 AM by moreorless »

Lee Jay

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
Regarding the argument of 22MP not being enough to replace the 7D - because a 1.6x crop would not give enough pixels - Canon will probably argue that users should use a 1.4x TC to get the extra reach.  - I am not saying this will get the results people are looking for - just that that is what I would expect Canon to argue.

And if I already use 3 stacked 1.4x TCs (or a 2x stacked with a 1.4x) on my 18MP 1.6-crop camera?

We don't have nearly enough pixel density right now to exploit good optics, especially in the center of the image circle.

The other problem with that argument is that they aren't proving f/8 AF sensor, making the TCs occasionally useless.  Added pixel density doesn't have that problem.

sublime LightWorks

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
You have to wonder, if Canon had released a 5Dmk3 in September (before the 1Dx was announced) and it basically had:

1) generally the same 21M sensor as today
2) the 7D functional feature set (AF system, metering, horizon guide, auto ISO, etc.)
3) a Digic-V processor or dual Digic-IV's like the 7D
4) a slight improvement in the high ISO noise, say 1/2 stop better due to improved sensor manufacturing
5) a 5-6fps shoot rate
6) used the same batteries and grip as the 5Dmk2
7) added a 60 fps video frame rate
8 ) additional firmware options

This for $2499......

How many people would be completely happy with that camera?

You're basically looking at off the shelf technology and mainly adaptation costs involved in the construction and integration, along with improved firmware.  Yet what you'd have would kick the crap out of 80% of the market.

I know that for a lot of mid-range, general studio, and wedding shooters, that's a solid camera and offers just about all that is needed in that market segment.  When you realize the image quality of a 3 year old 5Dmk2 still beats a vast majority of the competition, these tweaks remove the negatives of the current body and flesh out it's feature set nicely.

That sounds more like what the 5D2 might have been, that's too little to last until 2015.

The D800 would already, just six months later have had 50% more MP, possibly 2 stops better low ISO DR, same fps with grip, vastly better video (if it used the dual digic iv in your list instead of the digic 5), better AF.

Way too conservative.

I hear your points and I did include the D800 in my thoughts, but I will also point out that the D800 is going to sacrifice performance at ISO 1600, 3200, and 6400.  The D800 images available so far (all well lit I might add) show it's no match for the 5Dmk2 at those ISO levels.  Actually it looks a lot like the 7D in that regard.

Now, keep in mind what I said regarding the market....mid-range, general studio, and wedding.  I didn't say video users or people looking for a MF in a DSLR.  In addition, what's in the package I outlined for $500 less list is able to use the existing grip and batteries making it about $800 less than the rumored option with a similar configuration, and about $1200 less than the D800 with it's required grip and special battery to achieve it's rated performance.  This option will shoot cleaner images at ISO 3200 and 6400, and give those in the target market all they will need at a significantly lower cost.   Not to mention, Canon would have spent very little to make that camera, compared with a whole new body.  That means rebates to further entice buyers.

I completely understand this may not be the market segment where you fit.  It was an open hypothetical question and still is...we're just conjecturing here on what if's and you may still disagree after all is said and done. 

Personally I do hope the new 5D3/5Dx (whatever it's called) has all the specs that have been thrown around as it would make it an awesome camera for $3k.  However, I seriously doubt that the 1Dx's AF system is going to be in this camera, nor will the 5D3/5Dx match the 1Dx in ISO noise performance.  These will be lower in performance for the following obvious reasons: 

1) 1Dx uses 2 Digic 5+ processors and one Digic 4 (3 processors total).
2) The Digic 4 processor in the 1Dx is dedicated to the AF and metering system.
3) The new metering system plays a huge part in the ability of the AF to detect and lock focus in low light conditions.
4) To be able to shoot 22Mpix images at 7fps, handle the full 1Dx's AF and metering system, plus the rumored improvements to video, etc. would likely require the 5D3/5Dx to have 3 processors just like the 1Dx, something Canon will likely not do in a body of this rumored price.
5) From what I've read so far (and this could be wrong), a single Digic 5 cannot handle 22Mpix at 7fps and run all the other camera functions alone, at bare minimum the 5D3/5Dx will require a Digic-5 and a Digic-4 to even have a prayer of coming close to the processing needs.
6) Noting the 1Dx has the latest 18M FF sensor and represents the best Canon can currently do with the sensor technology ready for mass production, a 22M FF sensor used in the 5D3/5Dx will have more pixels and won't be able to produce images with less noise at the same ISO settings.

This is why, when comparing the hypothetical 5D3/5Dx to the 1Dx for features and performance, folks are not factoring in reality in terms of whats needed to run that rumored body, nor are they realizing that the ISO noise performance, based on obvious sensor technology levels deployed by Canon, isn't going to be better than the 1Dx, it's going to be slightly worse.

There is simply no way Canon's 18Mpix FF sensor in the 1Dx just released is going to under perform a Canon 22Mpix FF sensor in an about to be announced 5D3/5Dx.  Expect it to be worse in noise performance.

necator

« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:15 AM »
Give me one example of Canon product which was revolutionary (Camera-no, Lens-maybe (f1.2), Speedlight-NO!, ISO-NO, AF-NO NO NO!,dynamic range-NO!!!! etc etc,) look at Nikon to compare (D3, D3s, D3x, D800, Flashes, D7000)...no comment.

I'm sorry for you feeling to have the wrong camera.

But now for the (relative) revolutionary products from Canon:
  • f1.2 lenses (you already mentioned). NOWEHERE else to find.
  • Canon 5D (mk I): first affordable FF. Nikon for many years stated NOBODY needs a FF
  • Canon 5D mk II: Nikon just started to sell FF (obviously their earlier statement was wrong)---then stating NOBODY needs >12Mp -> well look at D800  ;) (wrong again?). Oh, 5D mk II also added video capabilities which made the video-departments to rethink their products/prices.
  • Excellent tele lenses
  • Oh, they were the first with in lens image stbilisation (which actually worked)
  • Excellent Tilt/Shift lenses
  • Oh, and especially the 70-200 f2.8 II should be mentioned: As good as a lens can be.
  • Oh, and a dedicated macro-lens: mp-e 65mm. 5:1 magnification!
And that's for sure not all, and only recent history.
Now, I might sound like a canon-fanboy ... well, e.g. I hate the ergonomics of the 1-series. The flash-automatic-functions could be far better (nikon is said to deliver it). Canons 50mm lenses are medicore (yes, there is a f1.2 which is good for its aperture alone, but sharpness could be better) ...

Oh, and, the obvious question: What are you demanding for? Take me, e.g. a 5D and/or a 1Ds Mk II is still good enough for publications (Same would be true for Nikon, Pentax, ...). So, again, what is Canon actually lacking? Have your current cams stopped working? And why did you change from a D300 to Canon? That's not that long ago?! Could it be a gearhead speaking?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:27:23 AM by necator »

EYEONE

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »
Give me one example of Canon product which was revolutionary (Camera-no, Lens-maybe (f1.2), Speedlight-NO!, ISO-NO, AF-NO NO NO!,dynamic range-NO!!!! etc etc,) look at Nikon to compare (D3, D3s, D3x, D800, Flashes, D7000)...no comment.

I'm sorry for you feeling to have the wrong camera.

But now for the (relative) revolutionary products from Canon:
  • f1.2 lenses (you already mentioned). NOWEHERE else to find.
  • Canon 5D (mk I): first affordable FF. Nikon for many years stated NOBODY needs a FF
  • Canon 5D mk II: Nikon just started to sell FF (obviously their earlier statement was wrong)---then stating NOBODY needs >12Mp -> well look at D800  ;) (wrong again?). Oh, 5D mk II also added video capabilities which made the video-departments to rethink their products/prices.
  • Excellent tele lenses
  • Oh, they were the first with in lens image stbilisation (which actually worked)
  • Excellent Tilt/Shift lenses
  • Oh, and especially the 70-200 f2.8 II should be mentioned: As good as a lens can be.
  • Oh, and a dedicated macro-lens: mp-e 65mm. 5:1 magnification!
And that's for sure not all, and only recent history.
Now, I might sound like a canon-fanboy ... well, e.g. I hate the ergonomics of the 1-series. The flash-automatic-functions could be far better (nikon is said to deliver it). Canons 50mm lenses are medicore (yes, there is a f1.2 which is good for its aperture alone, but sharpness could be better) ...

Oh, and, the obvious question: What are you demanding for? Take me, e.g. a 5D and/or a 1Ds Mk II is still good enough for publications (Same would be true for Nikon, Pentax, ...). So, again, what is Canon actually lacking? Have your current cams stopped working? And why did you change from a D300 to Canon? That's not that long ago?! Could it be a gearhead speaking?

It's true about the FF. Nikon was waaaaaay behind on getting to FF.  It took Nikon a full 5 years to go FF after Canon did it. People complain a bit about Canon being behind the times these days but Canon was so far ahead for the first three quarters of the last decade it's not even funny. Now, Nikon did eventually come around, and no doubt that the D3 was a helluva camera that slapped Canon around a bit.

In the last year Canon has been doing far more in terms of "changing the game" than Nikon has. The D4 is "just" an upgraded D3, the D800 is "just" an upgraded D700. The 1Dx is much more of a change in strategy than the D4. Now, it sounds like I'm bashing Nikon a bit but I'm just saying it terms of doing something different Nikon doesn't get any points for the D4 and D800.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

WoodyWindy

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • On the road again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
And let us not forget the one innovation that is most relevant and critical to the current discussion:

EOS D30 - the first purpose-built DSLR (not derived from a film body)

Update: Self-correction, the Nikon D1 was first.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:06:16 AM by WoodyWindy »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »

sublime LightWorks

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
The other problem with that argument is that they aren't proving f/8 AF sensor, making the TCs occasionally useless.  Added pixel density doesn't have that problem.

See, you've struck upon something that has nagged at me about that lack of AF at f/8.....

Since the 1Dx is now a FF camera, 1D shooters have "lost" the 1.3x tele effect of the crop on the APS-H sensor.  As a result, if you've been shooting at major sporting events with a 300mm or 400mm lens your net effect is:

390mm on 1DIV to 300mm on 1Dx, 90mm less effective reach
520mm on 1DIV to 400mm on 1Dx, 120mm less effective reach

(note, I've neglected accounting for the effect of going from a 16M to 18M pixel sensor on the overall cropping ability due to more pixels, but it's not a major factor in the results anyway)

Suddenly, as a pro sports or wildlife shooter, you find yourself with 30% less reach than you're used to shooting.  That's not chump change, especially when you consider to make up for that a pro shooter using a 300mm in the past would have to go a 400mm lens, along with the added weight and significant costs.

Whats worse....if you've been shooting f/5.6 long tele-lenses, turning to a 1.4x extender to make up the difference puts you at f/8 and you lose AF when that happens.  You don't have the option of going to another lens to make up the difference in some of these cases, either due to cost, weight, size, or the fact that a longer lens does not exist.

Part of me wonders if this isn't why Canon improved the 1.4x and 2x tele rev 3's as much as they did and specifically so for the super-tele lenses.  They accounted for the move to full-frame and to ease the pain so to speak in the lost of the 1.3x tele crop effect, seriously improved the extenders for this reason, and gave shooters a reason to purchase the pricy 300mm and 400mm f/2.8 rev II L lenses.

Think about it......  if I was shooting a 400mm f/5.6 on a 1DIV (520mm f/5.6 effective), on a 1Dx that's a 400mm f/5.6.  To make up the loss of reach, if I add a 1.4x tele, I get a 560mm f/8.  I make up the loss in reach with some to spare, but I lose AF.

My options?  By the "new" 400mm f/2.8 IS L II, add the 1.4x tele rev3 "specially enhanced for that series of lens", and BANG!!!  I have a 560mm f/5.6 lens.....at the budget busting cost of $8000 (not to mention the $6800 the 1Dx cost me as well).

End result...Canon sells a new body, new lens, and new tele-extender so you, the pro-shooter, can maintain the reach and AF capability you had previously.  All three for the low price of $14,800.

I'd bet that has a lot to do with the rumors and statements that Canon is re-thinking the loss of AF at f/8....a lot of big shooters and agencies are probably not very happy about this.

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »
I think we need to wait until the first real test report to make final judgement on the new camera performance.  We have also seen the opposite claim that the D800 is so much worst then the D700 in noise and that Nikon users are frustrated.

The 1DX might end up to be one notch below the new D4 in noise comparaison but I would assume the opposite for the new 5DmkIII versus the D800.  Either way until we see RAW image, it is very hard to assess...

When something so unbelievable that D800 would not better than D700 at high ISO performance then it's better to make the assumption that something is wrong with the people who reports it. At least untill such an extremely strange thing would be confirmed by undoubtable tests.

Are you assuming that 5D3 is better that 1DX at high ISO? The current reports, hope they are wrong, indicates that 1DX and D800 is similar in high ISO performance.
Again, which reports are you talking about?
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

Martin

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »
According to lens u right- I even own 70-200 II IS (by the way-is nikon 70-200 worse??). You are also right about 1.2 lens, but i mentioned that in my post. What about cameras and flash system? Maybe Canon was, let my say "1st in FF cameras" but talking about past is nonsense at the present. I cant say about 1series as i didn't own one, only 5d2. But why only 1series have good ergonomics. Look at ergonomics in Nikon-even lower class cameras, look at quality, ISO,AF, and dynamic range ie. d7000, thay care about product. Trust me i would do a lot to stay in Canon and be happy with the company, but I just can't convience myself that would be good decision in any terms.A year ago I searched for studio camera, with rather hight pixel count and ISO 100. I could not afford Nikon D3x so i ve decided to go with 5dII and 6 lens. Now i have a better choice. D800 with iso 100, high mpix and xsynx 2 1/250 (by the way-my 5dII was sync. good at 1/125). Also d800 is probably very good for weddings, having it's AF in mind. It's hard to decide now what to do, but my heart as well as my brain says loudly-sell your gear even still on warranty and go with Nikon. Does anyone has good arguments for me to stay with Canon? Anything?, even in 1Dx?. Will 5dIII be better in any terms that D800??? If, yes i would be positively surprised...but reality is different in my opinion.
5D3, 35L, 85 1.8, 135L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS II, 580 EX II.

sublime LightWorks

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2012, 10:37:27 AM »
I hear your points and I did include the D800 in my thoughts, but I will also point out that the D800 is going to sacrifice performance at ISO 1600, 3200, and 6400.  The D800 images available so far (all well lit I might add) show it's no match for the 5Dmk2 at those ISO levels.  Actually it looks a lot like the 7D in that regard.

It is already confirmed by people with RAW files from D800 that is it about 0.5 stop better than 5Dmk2. The D800 beats D700 in image quality at all ISO. Since D800 sensor has similar pixels as D7000 sensor this was of course expected. When something is so expected (that the D800 should be better than 5D2 and D700 at high ISO) then we should not really believe in reports that tells otherwise untill it's confirmed by undoubtable tests.

Can you provide a link to any RAW comparisons as noted in your reply?  I have not seen any and would love to see this analysis.  The D800's I've seen today don't come close to a 5Dmk2 at ISO 1600 and higher. 

What ISO values did these people compare the D800 to the 5Dmk2 to make that statement?  I have serious doubts that a 36mpix sensor is out performing the 5Dmk2 and would like to see this for myself.

chito

« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2012, 10:38:53 AM »
I think we need to wait until the first real test report to make final judgement on the new camera performance.  We have also seen the opposite claim that the D800 is so much worst then the D700 in noise and that Nikon users are frustrated.

The 1DX might end up to be one notch below the new D4 in noise comparaison but I would assume the opposite for the new 5DmkIII versus the D800.  Either way until we see RAW image, it is very hard to assess...

When something so unbelievable that D800 would not better than D700 at high ISO performance then it's better to make the assumption that something is wrong with the people who reports it. At least untill such an extremely strange thing would be confirmed by undoubtable tests.

Are you assuming that 5D3 is better that 1DX at high ISO? The current reports, hope they are wrong, indicates that 1DX and D800 is similar in high ISO performance.
Again, which reports are you talking about?

I don't know where Tuggen is getting his reports.. but fake Chuck Westfall is trashing the D800 IQ.. a LOT.. especially comparing it to the 1Dx

necator

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Maybe Canon was, let my say "1st in FF cameras" but talking about past is nonsense at the present.
Well you asked for
Quote from: Martin
Give me one example of Canon product which was revolutionary
But you're of course right: Of what help is it, if you want to by now.

.A year ago I searched for studio camera, with rather hight pixel count and ISO 100. I could not afford Nikon D3x so i ve decided to go with 5dII and 6 lens. Now i have a better choice. D800 with iso 100, high mpix and xsynx 2 1/250 (by the way-my 5dII was sync. good at 1/125). Also d800 is probably very good for weddings, having it's AF in mind. It's hard to decide now what to do, but my heart as well as my brain says loudly-sell your gear even still on warranty and go with Nikon.
Funny. My 5D mk I can do xsync relieably (with skyports and elinchrom flashes) up to 1/160s. With 1/200s there is sometimes a hint of a shadow at the edge of the frame. Which flashes are you using? Was your old Nikon better with them? (Ok, I'd also be happy if the 5D would allow for faster xsyncs ...)

The 1dx is said to have a xsync of 1/250s, so 1/200 should be safe. But who kows, nobody can test for it until now. Same with the d800.

Does anyone has good arguments for me to stay with Canon? Anything?, even in 1Dx?. Will 5dIII be better in any terms that D800??? If, yes i would be positively surprised...but reality is different in my opinion.

Perhaps the D800 is really for you. But also consider MF.
Or perhaps the Pentax 645D? Or even Hasselblad/Phase One? (xsync with special lenses faster than 1/1000s). But MF is, of course, a hefty investment.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »

kpk1

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »
Hmmm, something is fishy.
First things first: After 1D X I quess we will see 1Dx mark II, not 1D XI or 1D Mark V; X means extreme by the ISO and speed, etc. and now it's related to the fact that is full frame.

Second: If the next 5D is the lower mpx camera and is in the same line, extreme, then it should be called 5D X or even 3D. It is not a replacement of the 5D2.
It's logical then to keep the 5D2 on the market for the lower price and replace it sometime in late 2012. 5D mark III by my expectations has to be the highest mpx sensor in the lineup, more or less functions. It's the landscape, studio body. It's he 5D logical follower.

That being said it doesn't make sense the name of the french book 5D mark III.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:13:17 AM by kpk1 »
5D2, Sigy 35/1.4

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
You can start reading this and then search further yourself.  If you don't read swedish it's confirming that D800 at pixel level noise is more or less the same as D7000 as other sources also do. (and therefor with no doubt is better than 5Dmk2 and D700).
http://www.fotosidan.se/forum/showthread.php?t=138355&page=84
Similar information is also to be found at DPreview.
Errrrm why do you think that if it's the same as D7000 then it's better than D700 or 5DmkII? :o Excuse me but that doesn't make sense.

And on a comic note:
http://fakechuckwestfall.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/nikon-d800-vs-canon-eos-1dx-image-quality/
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »