December 13, 2017, 06:25:52 AM

Author Topic: Backordered: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV w/BG-E20 Grip, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Battery $2849  (Read 5735 times)

zim

• EOS-1D X Mark II
Don't suppose we'll get deals anywhere  as good as this in the UK :(

I wish, the best deal I can find anywhere in the UK is £2997 ($3958) body only from Mifsuds

http://mifsuds.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=11242

If nothing better turns up i'm tempted to go for this deal (it's still way cheaper even without the US rebate and import tax) or a grey market import from Digital Rev's (£2119) body only.

https://store.digitalrev.com/product/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv/MTEwNDkwOA_A_A

Also on the grey side £2015 - https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3071/canon_eos_5d_mark_iv_dslr_camera_(body_only)
£2199 - https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-body-5161-p.asp

canon rumors FORUM

OSOK

• PowerShot G1 X II
The 6D deal is good because it is a camera from 2013.

The 6D2 deal is absurdly favorable because that camera was not received well, and I doubt is doing great contrary to the hordes of Canon apologists who will come in and swarm and regurgitate all the old, tired rhetoric about Canon being market leader...

Dealers can reduce inventory on the 6D2 is my take why they are offering such a crazy deal on it. Everything is good, at the right price!

The 5D4 deal is not as deep as the above two, but it still a good deal. And, being that this is a great camera - it's pretty sweet. $2,850 for camera, original grip, spare battery, printer and an SD card...that's pretty good. I might have to jump on that deal. I've used the 5D4 quite a bit and it has no weaknesses I can find.

The 5D4 took crap from the industry because it has useless 4K which angers the entire video crowd which is a very vocal group, and Canon didn't pull out any big feature or spec advancements on the stills side. Nothing to wow anyone with AF, FPS, DR, Buffer, Megapixels etc....It's better than the 5D3 by a wide margin. It's also top level DSLR no matter what the competition has just released. By any reasonable standard, it is one of the most capable cameras of all time. The 5D4 didn't get the huge praise and reception that the D850 got, but it also did not get any criticism either (unlike the 6D2).

The deals on the 5D4 are about right. It is 1 year old. When the 5D3 was a year old, there was some discounting too. Although, not as much when you factor in the grip. The deeper discounts came in year 2 for the 5D3 when I bought mine. So, perhaps the little extra incentive is to combat the D850 and A7R3. Also, the DSLR market is shrinking...so different landscape than 2012-3.

Canon will be Canon. They aren't cleaning house to bring about something new next year. Next year is for the 7D3 and 5DS2. Maybe.

6D2 was obsolete before they even released it.

5D4 is a pro camera that, unless you nitpick to the extreme of absurdity - has no flaws. It was a good evolution.

6D is a classic, and still very solid for IQ by today's standards and without question - the ultimate value for those wanting to get into FF on the cheap.

transpo1

• EOS 80D
Anyone care to surmise WHY we're getting such great deals on these cameras? It can't be because they're selling incredibly well.

At this point, I'm even tempted by the 5DIV, and my issues with the lack of inspirational 4K on that cam are well known here.

The 5D4 is a nice bundle and a nice incentive.  Were I in the market, that looks like a $350 rebate and free first party grip -- I would consider that deal over a Canon refurb body.

But the 6D2 deal is comical.  It's effectively a double rebate in that the price just dropped recently already.  I cannot fathom this at all other than:

• Canon is pulling a stunt to jack up Q4 units (and I'm not even sure if this is their fiscal Q4)

• Canon is dangling some hot deals to deter/deflect/mitigate the imminent launches of the D850 and A7R3

• Canon is dramatically accelerating their lifecycle/refresh timing and this is simply the real world effect of competition and depreciation of inventory value  ha ha ha, this is Canon, I kid.

• B&H and Adorama are starting a 'bundling' / rebate price war like in years past and is hoping Canon doesn't come after them for it this time

- A

Haha. #3 made me LOL. Good run down.

mb66energy

• EOS 5DS R
    • My Homepage
I am shure we will see an update soon:
 - 5D mark v with illuminated buttons
 - 6D mark iii with illuminated buttons and increased dynamic range of 14 stops
Most used tools: EOS 200D + EF-S 60mm + 4.0 / 70-200 IS AND/OR EOS 5D i  + 4.0 70-200 IS + 2.8 100 Macro

bitm2007

• EOS 80D

I wish, the best deal I can find anywhere in the UK is £2997 ($3958) body only from Mifsuds

If nothing better turns up i'm tempted to go for this deal (it's still way cheaper even without the US rebate and import tax) or a grey market import from Digital Rev's (£2119) body only.

Also on the grey side £2015 - https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3071/canon_eos_5d_mark_iv_dslr_camera_(body_only)
£2199 - https://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-body-5161-p.asp

I've never heard of those stockist, thinking I will stick to well known sources.  Digital Revs are trustworthy, right ?

Mikehit

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II

Try HDEW - same price as digitalrev, based in, and hold stock in, UK and a 3-year warranty that does.

unfocused

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Mark Gordon Communications
I am shure we will see an update soon:
 - 5D mark v with illuminated buttons
 - 6D mark iii with illuminated buttons and increased dynamic range of 14 stops

If you consider 2020-2021 soon.

canon rumors FORUM

jaell

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
This is the first deal that makes me wonder if I should've waited.

I pulled the trigger on a grey-market Mark IV for about 2700. This deal is about the same price for the camera, plus value-added components, from a US-authorized dealer.

This is the week of the best deals on electronics, so we probably won't see anything better than these prices for a long time.
5D Mark IV / 6D converted to Infra-Red / EF 16-35mm f/4 IS L / EF 24-105mm f/4 IS L USM / EF 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake / EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro / EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM

pdirestajr

• EOS 5DS R
    • flickr
I am sure they are fine “giving away” printers since they are useless without ink and paper.

Takingshots

• EOS Rebel 300D
Fyi / The Canon 5D mk iv bundle deal is good but the printer rebate does not apply to Canadians (limit only to 50 US states). 

shutterlag

• PowerShot G1 X II
That 6D2 deal is shocking.  That camera cost $1999 five months ago, and now you can get it + grip + all kinds of other crap for $1369.

Shocking.

I know the price will spring back up, but this is effectively a margin-free giveaway for Canon to rack up units sold in Q4.  Consider: the remaining inventory of new 6D1s are going for $1269 right now.

- A

This isn't shocking when you consider how weak the feature set on that body really is.  I'd rather shoot a 6Dm1 - better ISO and DR.

Mikehit

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II

This isn't shocking when you consider how weak the feature set on that body really is.  I'd rather shoot a 6Dm1 - better ISO and DR.

What I find shocking is numpties using adjectives like that about a product that is well designed but seems to have garnered negative press from people whining that a new body does not meet their individual needs.
I think the 6D is a great camera but the mkiii is an excellent upgrade on the tilt screen and improved AF alone. And I cannot believe the acrimony based on little more than hearsay and social media pack mentality, with DR virtually indistinguishable in real world use and a sensor that many who actually paid the money says is much more friendly in post processing.

reef58

• EOS Rebel SL2

What I find shocking is numpties using adjectives like that about a product that is well designed but seems to have garnered negative press from people whining that a new body does not meet their individual needs.
I think the 6D is a great camera but the mkiii is an excellent upgrade on the tilt screen and improved AF alone. And I cannot believe the acrimony based on little more than hearsay and social media pack mentality, with DR virtually indistinguishable in real world use and a sensor that many who actually paid the money says is much more friendly in post processing.

I don't find it shocking, but disappointing that the upgrade lags in optical quality compared to the model it is replacing.  It has nothing to do with my individual needs, wants, not desires.  I find it curious more than anything.  I am trying to remember when was the last time Canon introduced a replacement camera which had lower image quality components to it predecessor?  It is just odd in the camera arms race.

canon rumors FORUM

ahsanford

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • USM > STM
I don't find it shocking, but disappointing that the upgrade lags in optical quality compared to the model it is replacing.  It has nothing to do with my individual needs, wants, not desires.  I find it curious more than anything.  I am trying to remember when was the last time Canon introduced a replacement camera which had lower image quality components to it predecessor?  It is just odd in the camera arms race.

The decision to (presumably) not put on-chip ADC on the 6D2 is 100% odd, I agree, but the trend that all sensors must get considertably better from generation to generation simply doesn't bear out.  Just using DXO's nonsensical overall score as a really crude filter to make my point:

D810  97
D850  100

A7R1   95
A7R2  98

D4    89
D4S  89
D5    88

6D1  82
6D2  85

So yes, there will be an occasional bubble where on-chip ADC or backlight illumination might create a big step up once in a blue moon, sensors don't always make great strides forward.  And to call the 6D1 better than the 6D2 implies a DSLR is only as useful as its 'film' inside -- which I think is an unbalanced set of priorities for a camera.  If we all felt that way, we all would have pitched our Canon bodies and adapted our glass on to an A7R1 years ago.  But we didn't, because AF matters, color matters, handling matters, menus/interface matter, service matters, etc.

- A

rbr

• EOS Rebel 300D
I've been thinking about picking up a 5D4 for a while, but this deal pretty much clinches that decision for me.  It's amazing that you only get the rebate if you accept to get a "free" printer.  I already have a Pixma Pro 100 and don't want another one. I don't have room for another one. But for a $350 rebate and the ink and paper that comes with it I can deal with it I think.

canon rumors FORUM