December 12, 2017, 07:10:05 PM

Author Topic: Cyber Monday: All the Canon Deals at B&H Photo  (Read 1264 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
Cyber Monday: All the Canon Deals at B&H Photo
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:09:09 AM »
Here are all the Canon deals available from B&H Photo for Cyber Monday.

All of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and Canon EOS 6D Mark II bundle deals are still active, they’re just listed as backordered. I would assume if you order now, B&H Photo will honour the pricing and ship you the items as soon as they’re available.

Cyber Monday Deals at B&H Photo

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Cyber Monday: All the Canon Deals at B&H Photo
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:09:09 AM »

Canoneer

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Re: Cyber Monday: All the Canon Deals at B&H Photo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »
I grabbed the 6D II bundle deal early, and B&H was really quick to ship. Got my camera and the printer within 48 hours after ordering. I think Adorama has a similar deal, but I was very happy with B&H.

ahsanford

• USM > STM
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »

Any other general discounts / promotions going on today?  I'm not in the market for a big-ticket item for this cycle, but I could currently use for my 5D3:

• New SD card

• A good hand strap

• An LCD hood shade (for landscapes) that is body specific and attaches/detaches quickly / without much fuss

You know, stuff like that.  If there are specific to the above or general discounts to go after those items, please post, thx.

- A

bf

• EOS M5
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:19:37 PM »
I looked at 6DMII samples and I think social media has not been quite fair with this sensor. This is still a full-frame sensor and when compared with Canon's APSC sensor, it offers less noise, more details, and even higher dynamic range when ISO is going a little higher than the base (if I remember correctly above 400-800). I don't like that this camera shares the focus system with 80D however 6D focus system was far more simple that the 6D MII.
This was a great deal on 6D MII but I easily passed since if I carry a "heavy" DSLR body, I do not want to compromise over performance. In other worlds, the form factor, as of today, makes me to carry 5D MIV not 6D MII. If focus system was a little more capable, I could have purchased this body. If it was a well designed mirror-less, I would have jumped on it. If it shared the 7DMii's focus system, again I would have jumped on it!
From different perspective, I think even canon mirrorless products offer a performance that I pass on entry level DSLRs due to the size benefit. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:23:13 PM by bf »
EOS M+6

ahsanford

• USM > STM
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »
I looked at 6DMII samples and I think social media has not been quite fair with this sensor. This is still a full-frame sensor and when compared with Canon's APSC sensor, it offers less noise, more details, and even higher dynamic range when ISO is going a little higher than the base (if I remember correctly above 400-800). I don't like that this camera shares the focus system with 80D however 6D focus system was far more simple that the 6D MII.

Of course. No one is doubting the 6D2 is a fine camera, but if you live on a tripod shooting product or (non-astro) landscapes, AF + high ISO performance matters less and base ISO quality of the sensor matters more and there are better options for you.

The 6D2 will sell like hotcakes and be thought of as a commercial success.  But as much as we are not entitled to a reason for Canon leaving the 5D4 (and 80D / M5 / M6 / SL2  ::)) sensor hotness out of the 6D2, I sure am curious.  It's probably just a matter of profitability for Canon, and they probably have strong data saying folks won't skip the product for having the 6D1's base ISO DR.

- A
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:53:07 PM by ahsanford »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »