June 20, 2018, 10:01:10 AM

Author Topic: Sony Service  (Read 6733 times)

chrysoberyl

• EOS 5DS R
  • 6D
Re: Sony Service
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »
Thanks, all.  I have not located a Sony Pro service center in the Atlanta, Georgia, USA area, and I just learned that Sony lenses are FBW.  So my interest has waned.  The good part is that my bad experiences with Canon service seem to be anomalous, so that's encouraging.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »

bwud

• EOS 80D
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 12:05:21 PM »
Thanks, all.  I have not located a Sony Pro service center in the Atlanta, Georgia, USA area, and I just learned that Sony lenses are FBW.  So my interest has waned.  The good part is that my bad experiences with Canon service seem to be anomalous, so that's encouraging.

I haven’t found much to complain about with the FBW. The focus rings at least in the lenses I use (Zeiss Batis 25, 85, and Sony 24-70 GM; my next will likely be the 100-400 GM, but I’m waiting to see how the RIII does with teleconverters. The A9 maintains PDAF even with max aperture of f/11. The RII reverts to CDAF, and I’ve not been able to determine how the RIII behaves) don’t really reveal the lack of mechanical linkage. In fairness I rarely focus manually, but when I do the ability to zoom in in a high-res EVF makes more of a difference than would a mechanical focus system.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:07:43 PM by bwud »

xps

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 07:25:03 AM »
Thanks, Dylan.  Are there no other Sony users on this forum, or do they not want to admit that they use Sony as well as Canon?

My experience with these services: Sony got better in Germany, after having 2 bodies and 2 lenses to repair. But it is still not very accommodating. High costs for fixed things and many calls to recommend that the problem of the body is under guarantee in 2016. My grandson´s A9 and 100-400 got fixed in November fast and without claims from the service company.
Canon ist faster, but gets more expensive here. Had an issue with Check and clean of an 5DSR (that was still under guarantee) and the 5D Mk IV, where the video update was performed without asking me, if I wanted to do so.
IMHO Sony´s service got much better. Not only the pro service, but also the normal one. But is still expensive if there are some hardware to fix.
Canon is still superior, but the gap in between is getting smaller

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »

What does FBW mean?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »