December 12, 2017, 05:02:16 PM

Author Topic: My very BAD Experience with CPS  (Read 11633 times)

Don Haines

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
Re: My very BAD Experience with CPS
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »
I was ready to pay half of what the estimate came back at. That's also what I told canon, but they didn't offer to see if they could do anything with the repair price.

I wonder…have you tried this approach at the grocery store when purchasing a liter of milk? Or maybe try the converse…go to your boss and demand that your pay be doubled, because that's what you're ready to earn.

Good luck!

Actually, this has worked out well for me in the past. Not grocery store... hmm but I should try :), but Henry's (camera shop), and electronic stores, best buy ect, furniture, appliances, and of course vehicle purchases. If you never ask for a discount, you'll NEVER get one that's for sure.

I feel like this thread has reached the end of it's usefulness. I do appreciate all the comments and as I mentioned, I'm going to look at all my options, rent some gear and see what works best for me.

thanks,
Vic

If you are getting 50% discounts as a matter of course, you must have impressive negotiating skills.   But somehow I doubt that's the case.

50% would make him the Alpha-negotiator..... but to be fair, I have also asked for and gotten discounts from Henrys, Best Buy, car dealers, and even from a grocery store.....
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »

unfocused

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Mark Gordon Communications
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »
I have also asked for and gotten discounts ... even from a grocery store.....

Careful. You might get in trouble if they catch you on the security camera denting the cans and bruising the fruit.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »