August 30, 2014, 06:28:10 AM

Author Topic: Outside my Comfort Zone  (Read 3023 times)

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
Outside my Comfort Zone
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
I don't often do portrait photography, but I had a couple of attempts last year. I also don't go in for a lot of post processing work either, but I spent a bit more time than usual on these.

Brooding_lo-res by Kernuak, on Flickr

Looking up at You by Kernuak, on Flickr
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

canon rumors FORUM

Outside my Comfort Zone
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »

untitled10

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: Outside my Comfort Zone
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
Looks incredible, especially the first one, brilliant composition and lighting.

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
Thanks. A judge criticised the lack of catchlights on the first one and suggested that some should be put in, but it wouldn't have suited the mood I wanted to generate. He also criticised the other one for the model not looking at the camera :P.

untitled10

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
Thanks. A judge criticised the lack of catchlights on the first one and suggested that some should be put in, but it wouldn't have suited the mood I wanted to generate. He also criticised the other one for the model not looking at the camera :P.

I would say try to rid of the shadows in the second one, I perfer the look of her looking the other way, we need to diverse our work or we'll all look the same!

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »

I would say try to rid of the shadows in the second one, I perfer the look of her looking the other way, we need to diverse our work or we'll all look the same!
Thanks, my thoughts exactly, without trying things photography as a whole won't progress. They may not always work as intended, but I think it's important to try out new ideas (even if only new to you). The shadows were deliberate to try to give more of a moody feel, plus he has quite dark hair anyway, so I don't think there is a great deal of detail to pull out (not that I've tried).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »