July 21, 2018, 11:12:21 PM

Author Topic: Disassembly of Canon EOS 1Dx MK II  (Read 2075 times)

Chaitanya

• EOS 5DS R
Disassembly of Canon EOS 1Dx MK II
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:02:52 AM »
Looks like Canon has definitely put a good heatsink into sensor.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVWr5g-rlFc" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

canon rumors FORUM

Disassembly of Canon EOS 1Dx MK II
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:02:52 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
Re: Disassembly of Canon EOS 1Dx MK II
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:14:49 AM »
A good example of how not to do it.  He started with the wrong type of screwdrivers, he needed JIS screwdrivers to avoid damaging the screw heads, I'll bet a lot of them are messed up.

The metal back to the sensor is on all cameras I've seen and disassembled, I don't know from the video how you decided it was anything special.

Somehow, I get the impression that he has a ton of money and could care less if he destroyed it.

Sharlin

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:43:49 AM »
Huh, that was painful to watch. Reminds me of me circa 8 years old, disassembling thinks like walkmans and then not being able to put them back together...

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »
Somehow, I get the impression that he has a ton of money and could care less if he destroyed it.

He cares, but it is also how he makes part of his living, providing YouTube content, so the potential cost/risk is mitigated. Besides, the camera was already damaged and due to go in to Canon, he even had a loaner in hand, so a real guilt edged risk/reward calculation, if he breaks it he gets more views, if he doesn’t he still gets views. Also he worked in camera stores so i’m Pretty sure he isn’t entirely naive to the basic methodology of camera repairs.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »
I have only 1 question - WHY?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »