February 22, 2018, 07:52:58 AM

Author Topic: Canon Has 93 Reasons You Shouldn't Settle for Smartphone Photos  (Read 3797 times)

snoke

• EOS M5
Re: Canon Has 93 Reasons You Shouldn't Settle for Smartphone Photos
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »
Want see 93 lenses in pocket like smart phone  ;D  :)  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »

Canoneer

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 08:47:02 AM »
Some budget tilt-shift lenses would be nice to see from Canon. Rokinon makes one, but I hear the build quality is "meh".

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 09:19:05 AM »
Some budget tilt-shift lenses would be nice to see from Canon. Rokinon makes one, but I hear the build quality is "meh".

That would be the 24, 90 MkI's and 45 on eBay.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 10:05:58 AM »
That would be the 24, 90 MkI's and 45 on eBay.

Or post-processing tools. IMHO the market for a cheap TS is even smaller than the expensive ones - while precision mechanics  costs.

What I propose, and full claim "prior art" here (hopefully), is a mirrorless with a TS sensor - for full Scheimpflug effect control!

transpo1

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 10:46:22 AM »
Also 93 reasons why Canon should provide hybrid cameras with 4K 60p.  :)

Act444

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »
When the smartphone is the only camera on you at the time, though, a smartphone pic is better than no pic at all...

And there are times I’ve got a telephoto lens on my DSLR but see a wide-angle shot...out comes the iPhone.

But otherwise I fully agree. It’s why I’ve invested as much as I have in this stuff...

Boyer U. Klum-Cey

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »
iPhone 8 is an improvement & can be fired from my Apple Watch which helps hand held/marginally steadied.  M6 and 5D IV can both connect to, and be triggered by the iPhone 8 when mounted, steadied, or hand held.

For the internet, everything seems to be a go, but if you want to snap something challenging, or print large,........well................................. 8)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:00:19 PM by Boyer U. Klum-Cey »
All theories are wrong, but some are useful, eh?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »

Ian_of_glos

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 02:54:39 AM »
the best camera in the world, is the one you have with you. sicne you carry your phone eveywhere, and not as much as a DSLR, usually capturing the  moment is more iportant
Actually I feel the opposite. My smartphone is big, too big to fit in my pocket comfortably and it is very difficult to use. The screen has now cracked 3 times, I don't like the way it tracks my every move and so I now leave it at home. My camera hangs around my neck out of the way, I do not find it heavy and it is available whenever I want to use it. Any thieves in the area take one look at it, think it is a museum piece from a bygone age and look elsewhere for an iphone X to steal. The camera I always have with me is my 5D mk4.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 02:54:39 AM »