April 19, 2014, 05:50:20 AM

Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark III/X Commercials Being Shot? [CR1]  (Read 15876 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon 5D Mark III/X Commercials Being Shot? [CR1]
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »

New Commercials?

Received some detailed information that 5D Mark III/X commercials are being shot in England and France. One film is about making a cinematic piece with the camera, the other is for Euro 2012.

Very few details were given about the camera itself.

I’m In Ecuador

My internet may be wonky for the next couple of days as I move around Ecuador, but do keep emails and whatnot coming.

c

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterMixxTechnoratiFacebookNews VineRedditLinkedInYahoo! Bookmarks
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 5D Mark III/X Commercials Being Shot? [CR1]
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »

smirkypants

Re: Canon 5D Mark III/X Commercials Being Shot? [CR1]
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »
How long after the D800 commercial in Chicago was shot did we see the camera unveiled?

tt

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
Motopod had an interview with Mark miller I think in a December podcast - when the host chatted with the rider of the Joy Rider advert.
I think they give a rough idea and there was some more info as to when they were filming at the time.
http://nikonrumors.com/2011/12/29/interview-with-mark-miller-the-person-who-rode-the-bike-in-the-nikon-d800-commercial.aspx/

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
Received some detailed information that 5D Mark III/X commercials are being shot in England and France.

Seeing as how most rumors seem to be questionable specs at [CR1] I'm hoping that a commercial rumor at [CR1] translates as a new (one time) source who stumbled across or was involved peripherally in the production. 

I'm giddy with excitement. If a commercial is being produced... then an announcement is indeed imminent. Could my wait for the 5D3/5DX be almost over, FSM I sure hope so.

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
"One film is about making a cinematic piece with the camera"

Not a good sign.

All commercials on DSLRs should be about photography. NOT about making films.

They are targeting the wrong customers. Save the video stuff for the HV-camcorder line.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:00:44 AM by Ricku »

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »
So one is for 5dx and the other for 5d3? Cinema oriented commercial I understand for C product. But Euro2012? Another sport camera? Big fps, small MP etc.? Like small brother of 1dx? :)
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

SpareImp

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
Has there been released a cinematic video by the 1DX yet? The 1DX was announced last fall, with the best video capabilities of any EOS camera so far(?), so these commercials don’t necessarily have to be done before the announcement. Or maybe I just missed it. That being said, I do remember that the 550D/T2i had a video close to its announcement. Still, I hope for February 28th.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
I can hear the collective groan coming from all the "stills only" photographers around the world... Not another video dedicated DSLR!!!  I could care less and welcome the addition as long as the stills camera part had some worthy upgrades to justify it's price.   Yay
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »
Still, I hope for February 28th.

If Canon's smart they will release the 5D3/X on the 29th, that way they can claim an accelerated development cycle... it will always be updated on it's 1st birthday.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
Still, I hope for February 28th.

If Canon's smart they will release the 5D3/X on the 29th, that way they can claim an accelerated development cycle... it will always be updated on it's 1st birthday.
+1 :)
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

ChrisJackson304

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
I've been a pro photojournalist for 6 years and now my title is multimedia journalist. I produce just as much video content as I do stills. DSLRs should be marketed to the video crowd simply because that's where the industry is going. Sorry, if you shoot weddings, but the future is in video and having a cam body that does both seamlessly is what I need.

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »
I've been a pro photojournalist for 6 years and now my title is multimedia journalist. I produce just as much video content as I do stills. DSLRs should be marketed to the video crowd simply because that's where the industry is going. Sorry, if you shoot weddings, but the future is in video and having a cam body that does both seamlessly is what I need.

I've seen interviews with a few wedding photographers adapting video into their work and having an additional thing to sell to their clients.  I hope to be going that route with my clients as well and I fully agree. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »

Not a good sign.

They are targeting the wrong customers. Save the video stuff for the HV-camcorder line.

Not ever?  Not ever ever?  Not even if the camera has great video features, not even if the 5D2 was highly praised for its video capabilities, not even a significant factor in the 5D2 success was because of video, not even if Canon expects or wants that trend to continue, not even if it drives sales and makes the product more successful for Canon which is good for us stills shooters as well?

Is there a single piece of evidence that having video features makes any DSLR a worse stills camera or makes the camera more expensive?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »

Not a good sign.

Not ever?  Not ever ever?  Not even if the camera has great video features, not even if the 5D2 was highly praised for its video capabilities, not even a significant factor in the 5D2 success was because of video, not even if Canon expects or wants that trend to continue, not even if it drives sales and makes the product more successful for Canon which is good for us stills shooters as well?

Is there a single piece of evidence that having video features makes any DSLR a worse stills camera or makes the camera more expensive?

Exactly... and one of the target audiences of the 5d is photojournalists, who now, with the digital age, is moving more multimedia...  We dont know if video costs any more or if it was an 11th hour change with a simple line of code allowing video recording.  It is what it is... This is like the film to digital transfer...  You can adapt (even if it means not using the feature) or get left behind in technology. 

Picsfor

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:18 AM »
Is CR guy sure they not shooting anything in Equador?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:18 AM »