November 23, 2014, 05:05:49 AM

Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark III/X Commercials Being Shot? [CR1]  (Read 17285 times)

Flea

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 5D Mark III/X Commercials Being Shot? [CR1]
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
"One film is about making a cinematic piece with the camera"

Not a good sign.

All commercials on DSLRs should be about photography. NOT about making films.

They are targeting the wrong customers. Save the video stuff for the HV-camcorder line.

Can you imagine a commercial (usually a 20-30 sec spot) about shooting landscape or portrait photography? While the camera itself may be great for still photography, a TV spot is probably not the best medium to advertise that. It is much better suited for action photography and video features.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »

mccrum

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Jeff McCrum Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
Can you imagine a commercial (usually a 20-30 sec spot) about shooting landscape or portrait photography?
Yes, but it would have to star Ashton Kutcher.  Christian Bale maybe.
5D Mark II, 24-105 f4, 70-200 f2.8, Nifty 50 f1.8, Polaroid SLR 680, Kowa Super 66

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »
CR guy in Ecuador ?

Is that a CR 1 or where is the evidence to CR3 it ?  8) I want a picture taken of you near the "mitad del mundo" monument ::)

which is the wrong one. the step on the equator line go up to Cayambe. 2 miles before entering the city there is a place they call "la bola" (official name is "Guachala") on the left hand side of the Panamericana highway...;-)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:51:30 AM by pedro »
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
Can you imagine a commercial (usually a 20-30 sec spot) about shooting landscape or portrait photography?
Yes, but it would have to star Ashton Kutcher.  Christian Bale maybe.

Naw... sex sells... lets bring is kate beckinsale to be the actress haha  ;)  I'd have to go by 3  haha
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »
So one is for 5dx and the other for 5d3? Cinema oriented commercial I understand for C product. But Euro2012? Another sport camera? Big fps, small MP etc.? Like small brother of 1dx? :)

If the 22mp rumour is correct then its certainly a camera with good potential for sports shooting, espeically if the 7D is phased out. Ultimately the 5D line is far more likely to benefit from advertsing and euro 2012 is the 2nd biggest sport event this year.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »
"One film is about making a cinematic piece with the camera"

Not a good sign.

All commercials on DSLRs should be about photography. NOT about making films.

They are targeting the wrong customers. Save the video stuff for the HV-camcorder line.

This comment could have come directly from a top  Kodak manager.  "The photography world won't change to digital, lets keep making film cameras"

I'd like to see Canon stay in business.

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
I've been a pro photojournalist for 6 years and now my title is multimedia journalist. I produce just as much video content as I do stills. DSLRs should be marketed to the video crowd simply because that's where the industry is going. Sorry, if you shoot weddings, but the future is in video and having a cam body that does both seamlessly is what I need.

+1 video in DSLR is here to stay and becoming an ever more important part.

(and even wedding photographers are sometimes adding in short movies too)

And don't think that video didn't help 5D2 sales a ton.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
lets bring is kate beckinsale to be the actress haha  ;)  I'd have to go by 3  haha

Ha.

Canon: "Introducing the new 5D3 featuring 2fps, 12.7MP 5D sensor and Rebel AF all while maintaining the 5D2's fabled video capabilities! (only $2999.99!)"

(press/audience murmurings: "BOOOOO!" "Much ado about nothing!" "There is a vacancy in Canon management!")

Canon: "Wait! But there is more, every 5D3 will be a special Kate Beckinsale edition!! And now.... Kate Beckinsaaaale to introduce her new ad campaign for the Canon 5D3!!!!!!! The Canon 5D3 uncovered!!!!!"

(press/audience murmurings: "omg OMG. OMGOMGOMG I don't even know what I am doing but I think I just pre-ordered ten copies, wow me too, yeah me as well, yeah same here, I think I just ordered 20 but I'm not real clear at the moment, me too....")

Canon: "Canon is proud to announce that the new 5D3 has become the all time best selling DSLR in history through first 15 minutes of pre-orders alone!"

(press/audience murmurings: "Hmmm, wow. Total recall now. You know. I think I'm broke. That's kind of a down. So long to the palace I had in Laurel Canyon. Ah whatever, got me 10 copies of the 5D3 Beckinsale edition arriving soon!! Maybe I can find some underworld area of LA and assemble the 5D3 boxes together and live in that. I'm good. Everybody's fine!")

awinphoto

• View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »
lets bring is kate beckinsale to be the actress haha  ;)  I'd have to go by 3  haha

Ha.

Canon: "Introducing the new 5D3 featuring 2fps, 12.7MP 5D sensor and Rebel AF all while maintaining the 5D2's fabled video capabilities! (only $2999.99!)"

(press/audience murmurings: "BOOOOO!" "Much ado about nothing!" "There is a vacancy in Canon management!")

Canon: "Wait! But there is more, every 5D3 will be a special Kate Beckinsale edition!! And now.... Kate Beckinsaaaale to introduce her new ad campaign for the Canon 5D3!!!!!!! The Canon 5D3 uncovered!!!!!"

(press/audience murmurings: "omg OMG. OMGOMGOMG I don't even know what I am doing but I think I just pre-ordered ten copies, wow me too, yeah me as well, yeah same here, I think I just ordered 20 but I'm not real clear at the moment, me too....")

Canon: "Canon is proud to announce that the new 5D3 has become the all time best selling DSLR in history through first 15 minutes of pre-orders alone!"

(press/audience murmurings: "Hmmm, wow. Total recall now. You know. I think I'm broke. That's kind of a down. So long to the palace I had in Laurel Canyon. Ah whatever, got me 10 copies of the 5D3 Beckinsale edition arriving soon!! Maybe I can find some underworld area of LA and assemble the 5D3 boxes together and live in that. I'm good. Everybody's fine!")

That's what I'm talking about... the kate beckinsale uncovered and unplugged version...  where can i order my copies haha.  Now i just need to explain this to my wife somehow lol. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

briansquibb

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
It is Dickens Bicentennial so - 'Great Expectations'

DavidRiesenberg

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
How long after the D800 commercial in Chicago was shot did we see the camera unveiled?

The D800 commercials were shot in September. That may not mean anything though since if we are to believe "Nikon Rumors" the D800s original announcement date was late October or early November, IIRC.

tt

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:40 PM »
</strong>Received some detailed information that 5D Mark III/X commercials are being shot in England and France. One film is about making a cinematic piece with the camera, the other is for Euro 2012.</p>

Start match of Euro 2012: 8th June
Final: 1st July

So now the question is - is that a teaser or trailer for it before release? Will the camera's be out in photographer's hands?

If it's just a teaser - then general release isn't for another 4-5 months.

takoman46

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
I've been a pro photojournalist for 6 years and now my title is multimedia journalist. I produce just as much video content as I do stills. DSLRs should be marketed to the video crowd simply because that's where the industry is going. Sorry, if you shoot weddings, but the future is in video and having a cam body that does both seamlessly is what I need.

+1 video in DSLR is here to stay and becoming an ever more important part.

(and even wedding photographers are sometimes adding in short movies too)

And don't think that video didn't help 5D2 sales a ton.

I wouldn't mind improving video capabilities in a dslr. I primarily shoot weddings and portraits and the 5dmkII has served me well.  But I also am producing a spearfishing video as a side project where I film intensively with the 5dmkII.  I don't really foresee myself getting involved with incorporating video with my photo packages for weddings though. Videography is usually hired separate from photography with the exception of those one stop shops out there.  I think it's way too painful for a photographer to have to worry about shooting video at a wedding where there are already dedicated videographers.  If a photographer chooses to go down the road of producing video, they should have a dedicated staff to handle all the video and evolve into a one stop shop for wedding photo/video for example. I vote for a 5dmk2 successor that can do both photo and video... preferably following in the footsteps of the 1DX but with slightly higher resolution (22mp).  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »

That seems to be where it's going.

My old manual focus brain resents video in a stills camera, but life goes on and the world changes. I used to be able to get away with saying, "I've never seen a video in a frame hanging on the wall." Now, I think the future is video in frames hanging on walls.

Still images at some point will probably be relegated to museums -- see you in the Mathew Brady room!
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

awinphoto

• View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »

That seems to be where it's going.

My old manual focus brain resents video in a stills camera, but life goes on and the world changes. I used to be able to get away with saying, "I've never seen a video in a frame hanging on the wall." Now, I think the future is video in frames hanging on walls.

Still images at some point will probably be relegated to museums -- see you in the Mathew Brady room!

It used to be everyone who took a photo, with film, had it developed, printed, and if they really liked it, reprinted again larger... Now people photograph and rarely print, just keep them on their computer, websites, digital picture frame...  It's a brave new world for working photographers. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »