May 23, 2018, 03:27:45 AM

Author Topic: The List of Gear to be Announced in February, Including More Speedlite Information [CR3]  (Read 17033 times)

magarity

• EOS Rebel SL2
"Speedlite 470EX AI Auto Bounce *UPDATE* Judging by the name, this will be a flash with some new technology"

"AI Bounce" is the bizarrely worded error one gets when the 430-iii's little white bounce card isn't pushed in all the way. As for the "Auto" part, maybe, the flash detects nearby white walls and ceilings and a motor whips it into the optimum bounce position. And some people complain about the mirror movement shaking the camera, hah hah!

canon rumors FORUM

3dit0r

• PowerShot G1 X II
So, essentially we're now hoping for some major news before NAB or Photokina?

Sharlin

• EOS 5D Mark IV
T100? How much lower can you go than the 1x00D series? A $200 DSLR? Except for the Wi-Fi most of the tech in the T6/1300D is almost ten years old. I guess the T7 could inherit features from the T5i/T6i generation (omg, 24MPix sensor, all cross-type AF points!) and the T100 might be an even more stripped-down T6 (bye Wi-Fi? What did the RF certification data say again?)

BasXcanon

• EOS Rebel 300D
T100? How much lower can you go than the 1x00D series? A $200 DSLR? Except for the Wi-Fi most of the tech in the T6/1300D is almost ten years old. I guess the T7 could inherit features from the T5i/T6i generation (omg, 24MPix sensor, all cross-type AF points!) and the T100 might be an even more stripped-down T6 (bye Wi-Fi? What did the RF certification data say again?)

Uhmmmmm..... the rumor of yesterday showed a T6 without Flashbutton on top and no cable release anymore. there is your T100.

traveller

• EOS 5DS R
So looks like CP+ is going to be strictly consumer-only... Guess that's the CR3 ratings gone on the gear that makes up most of this forum members' wish lists until the Photokina build-up!

I'd suspected that this would be the case, as the leaks that lead to CR3 ratings generally start to appear in the few weeks leading up to big announcements and it's been pretty quiet. The only high-end hope left is that we might get the new 70-200 f/2.8L before this summer's FIFA World Cup...

Sharlin

• EOS 5D Mark IV
Uhmmmmm..... the rumor of yesterday showed a T6 without Flashbutton on top and no cable release anymore. there is your T100.

Uhm uhm. That's... a fairly big speculative leap. I wouldn't jump to many conclusions based on some images of a prototype body.

tiggy@mac.com

• EOS 6D Mark II
  • 5D4, 1DX
    • Forest Metrix
Re: The List of Gear to be Announced in February
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 05:54:14 PM »
There is no RT in the new flash name so we can assume there is no RT in the flash. I'm not exactly sure what other technology they can stuff into a flash, other than to make it smaller. If it used LPE6 Batteries, that would be cool, I guess  :D

My recommendation is to get the Yongnuo YNE3-RX triggers that are activated through the RT system. They also sell a compatible controller that'll work on all the Yongnuo devices, as well as the Canon RTs. Works great. You stick these on your old flashes, and they become part of your RT system. I use the little shoe triggers on some 270IIs I have for various fill purposes when using my three 600 RTs.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 05:54:14 PM »

michi

• EOS M5
"Speedlite 470EX AI Auto Bounce *UPDATE* Judging by the name, this will be a flash with some new technology"

"AI Bounce" is the bizarrely worded error one gets when the 430-iii's little white bounce card isn't pushed in all the way. As for the "Auto" part, maybe, the flash detects nearby white walls and ceilings and a motor whips it into the optimum bounce position. And some people complain about the mirror movement shaking the camera, hah hah!

Or like a dual flash/reflector setup like some Metz flashes have?  Wishful thinking, bounce really doesn't imply that. I do love my Metz flash though if I can only take one flash with me.

littleB

• PowerShot G1 X II
The following cameras were recently registered in notifications in Russia (mandatory for any equipment containing cryptography, this mean any model with wi-fi or bluetooth needs to be declared as such).

Mirrorless digital cameras of Canon brand, models: D. Camera Mensa BK MT sample D. Camera Mensa MT WH body sample and spare parts (link https://portal.eaeunion.org/sites/odata/_layouts/15/Portal.EEC.Registry.UI/DisplayForm.aspx?ItemId=51863&ListId=d84d16d7-2cc9-4cff-a13b-530f96889dbc )

Mirrorless digital cameras of Canon brand, models: EOS M50(BK) BODY(E) EOS M50 BODY(E) EOS M50(BK) 1545ISSTM(E) EOS M50 1545ISSTM(E) EOS M50(BK) WZL(E) EOS M50 WZL(E) EOS M50(BK) 1545/22(E) EOS M50 1545/22(E) EOS M50(BK) 18150ISSTM(E) EOS M50 18150ISSTM(E) EOS M50(WH) BODY(E) EOS M50(WH) 1545ISSTM(E) EOS M50(WH) WZL(E) EOS M50(WH) 1545/22(E) EOS M50(WH) 18150ISSTM(E) EC412MT SAMPLE(BKE)

Digital SLR of Canon brand, models: CANON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA EOS 2000D BODY EUR CANON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA EOS 2000D 18-55DCIII EUR CANON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA EOS 2000D 18-55ISII EUR K432 SAMPLE(EUR)

Digital SLR of Canon brand, models:  EOS 4000D BODY EUR, EOS 4000D 18-55ISII EUR, EOS 4000D 18-55DCIII EUR, K422

Digital SLR of Canon brand, models:  CANON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA EOS 3000D BODY EUR, CANON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA EOS 3000D 18-55ISII EUR, CANON DIGITAL SLR CAMERA EOS 3000D 18-55DCIII EUR, [lots of M100 variations, skipped] Canon Digital Camera EC398 MT SAMPLE (BKE), Canon Digital Camera EC398 MT SAMPLE (WHE), Canon Digital Camera EC398 MT SAMPLE (GYE), Canon Digital Camera PowerShot G1 X Mark III (E), Canon Digital Camera EC418MT SAMPLE (E)

While we already heard in November about 2000D, 3000D, 4000D, the most obscure and intriguing is this Mensa sample...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:28:15 AM by littleB »

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 04:29:04 AM »
There is no RT in the new flash name so we can assume there is no RT in the flash. I'm not exactly sure what other technology they can stuff into a flash, other than to make it smaller. If it used LPE6 Batteries, that would be cool, I guess  :D

My recommendation is to get the Yongnuo YNE3-RX triggers that are activated through the RT system. They also sell a compatible controller that'll work on all the Yongnuo devices, as well as the Canon RTs. Works great. You stick these on your old flashes, and they become part of your RT system. I use the little shoe triggers on some 270IIs I have for various fill purposes when using my three 600 RTs.

I have a whole bunch of YNE3-RX's.  These are wonderful things, that, frankly, Canon should have an equivalent of.  However, I don't think I would buy a NEW flash -- especially an expensive Canon one -- that wasn't RT.  I mean, why force yourself to use/take an extra piece, especially one that takes batteries, right? 

Of course, who knows, maybe this will be some sleek awesome thing I can't say no to.  It's hard to imagine though; usually, I'm using a flash manual, bounced, off camera, and/or with a flashbender.  I haven't yet seen a flash technology other than wireless that has made me excited.

A PSA that I discovered by fluke:  the latest Yongnuo YNE3-RT's (the controller) has an AF assist illuminator that works with new Canon cameras, like 80D and 6DII.  They are indistinguishable from the old ones physically.  The old ones won't work even if the firmware is flashed up to 1.24.  There is a similar issue in the YN600EX-RT flashes too, but a lot of folks don't know that there is an "updated" controller.

midluk

• EOS 80D
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 04:55:34 AM »
A PSA that I discovered by fluke:  the latest Yongnuo YNE3-RT's (the controller) has an AF assist illuminator that works with new Canon cameras, like 80D and 6DII.  They are indistinguishable from the old ones physically.  The old ones won't work even if the firmware is flashed up to 1.24.  There is a similar issue in the YN600EX-RT flashes too, but a lot of folks don't know that there is an "updated" controller.
For eye safety reasons I wouldn't use the laser based AF assist. But do you know if newer versions  of YN-E3-RT also stopped eating batteries while turned off? The unit I have uses up a set of batteries in about 2 weeks even when turned off.
5D4+BG-E20, 70D+BG-E14, EF 24-70 f/4L IS, EF 16-35 f/4L IS, EF 100 f/2.8L IS macro, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, EF 100-400 L IS II, 2x 600EX-RT, 430EX III-RT, MT-26EX-RT

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 07:58:11 AM »

And therein lies the issue I have with many third party options, compatibility. To me that is easily worth the money for 1st party options, though if I need AF assist I rarely don't need low levels of on camera fill so would use a 600-EX-RT on camera as controller anyway.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

vangelismm

• EOS Rebel 300D

That was the first thing i thought. But does not make sense build the T7 with the same features of Txi and create a new entry level camera.

Maybe an EOS -m with the body of DSLR? No mirror, no EVF, no OVF.

canon rumors FORUM

transpo1

• EOS 7D Mark II

That was the first thing i thought. But does not make sense build the T7 with the same features of Txi and create a new entry level camera.

Maybe an EOS -m with the body of DSLR? No mirror, no EVF, no OVF.

We need a weather resistant EOS-M, even if APS-C.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
We need a weather resistant EOS-M, even if APS-C.

Well, it's a pretty small camera.

:P
EOS 1D X, EOS M6, lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM