February 17, 2018, 03:10:43 PM

Author Topic: DJI Mavic Pro II To Get 1" Sensor  (Read 2008 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
DJI Mavic Pro II To Get 1" Sensor
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »
The rumors are picking up steam for DJI’s Mavic Pro II, and from what we see, the biggest upgrade will be a 1″ image sensor, which would go a long way in making the drone a better stills tool.

Rumored Specifications:

• 1″ CMOS sensor with 28mm lens
  • 4820 mAh battery with 35 minute flight time
  • binocular rear sensors

It’s also rumored that production has started on the new drone and we can expect to see an announcement some time in March.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:55:06 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

DJI Mavic Pro II To Get 1" Sensor
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »

Hector1970

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Flickr
Re: DJI Mavic Pro II To Get 1" Sensor
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 05:23:32 PM »
1" sensor - perfect.
I wonder what the size difference will be to the Air (which looks a lovely unit).
Hopefully its weather sealed too.

andrei1989

• EOS M5
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:17:12 AM »
it will be at least as big (or small) as the current mavic, if not even slightly larger, due to bigger camera (larger sensor means larger lens) and larger battery (25% increase)
Canon M5|Canon EF-M 15-45mm| Canon EF-M 11-22mm|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 55-250mm IS STM|Canon 40mm STM|Samyang 85mm f/1.4|Meike 35mm f/1.7| Samyang 14mm f/2.8

Hector1970

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:15:47 AM »
Yes it’s a fine balance. Extra weight require bigger battery , which is extra weight .....
These drones have come so far so fast. Very impressive. I don’t own one but I’ve flown the Mavic and Phantom 4 and they are very good. They are annoying too. Fine for when no one is around.

Talley

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:58:56 AM »
I just got the Mavic Air.  It's size is perfect and all it's features are awesome.  Just the tool I was needing.  However I will put it up for sale when the Mavic Pro 2 is released and it has the low noise props and 1" sensor. 

I'll deal with the larger body.  The MP2 will be perfect.

privatebydesign

• Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »
I just got the Mavic Air.  It's size is perfect and all it's features are awesome.  Just the tool I was needing.  However I will put it up for sale when the Mavic Pro 2 is released and it has the low noise props and 1" sensor. 

I'll deal with the larger body.  The MP2 will be perfect.

I'd take the added size for the improvements that gives stability plus the 35 mins flight time, if it is accurate, would be a boon for multiple passes.

Looks like I'll hold off on the Air purchase until the Pro II announcement, haven't finished the Part 107 yet anyway...

Before the Air was announced the Mavic Pro was the obvious choice for me, so waiting to see what happens with the MkII is an easy decision. It looks like DJI don't care about product disruption in their rush to bring genuinely new features to market, a much easier thing to do in a young market where innovation till has a lot to offer.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

swkitt

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »
I doubt about the 35mn flight time, that would mean putting in a much bigger battery that would bring the drone over 800 grams, and 800g is the category limit in Europe. Over that weight, they would sell much less units, so I would bet for bigger sensor/lens but similar flight time.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »

SlydeR

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:46:01 AM »
I've been on the fence for a while with buying a drone and only recently saw the shocking differences between the image quality of the Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro. Would be great to get the better camera in a smaller package.

1Zach1

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
I would love to see the move to a mechanical shutter as well.

privatebydesign

• Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
I've been on the fence for a while with buying a drone and only recently saw the shocking differences between the image quality of the Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro. Would be great to get the better camera in a smaller package.

B&H have a very good deal on the Phantom 4 today until stocks last.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1235779-REG/dji_cp_pt_000312_phantom_4_professional_quadcopter.html
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »