May 27, 2018, 04:30:19 AM

Author Topic: FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner  (Read 8582 times)

NancyP

• EOS 5DS R
Re: FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »
I really wish that B and H had a "hold at delivery terminal" option, because I work 1 mile from FedEx and UPS terminals and live 1 mile from my local post office. As it stands, without the "hold at delivery terminal" option, I have to get things delivered at work (a large university), so I limit the number of times a year I order from B and H to one or two at most. I have been very happy with the post office.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »

Batman6794

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 01:15:09 PM »
This is awful news for me personally. It sounds like I've jad far worse luvk than the average person when its cones to FedEx, but they screw up on some level around 30% of the time for me. (Usually either not holding package for pickup they said they would or not making the delivery within the timeframe that was paid for) I've had so many frustrating issues I actively shop elsewhere if the price is similiar and I can get UPS instead.

Random Orbits

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 02:18:21 PM »
I really wish that B and H had a "hold at delivery terminal" option, because I work 1 mile from FedEx and UPS terminals and live 1 mile from my local post office. As it stands, without the "hold at delivery terminal" option, I have to get things delivered at work (a large university), so I limit the number of times a year I order from B and H to one or two at most. I have been very happy with the post office.

Is a delivery terminal different than holding at a distribution center or other retail location?  Years ago, I could only direct a hold at a UPS distribution center but that changed and I am now able to send it to a UPS store while the package is en route.  I do this fairly routinely for FedEx and UPS. 

Helen Oster

• EOS Rebel T7i
    • Adorama Camera
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 04:29:07 PM »
Adorama's order process is never consistent, but does look like they've improved over the past year.

I'm sorry to read that you've found our order process to be inconsistent; we are constantly working to improve our customers' experiences and I'd appreciate it very much if there are any specifics you are willing to share (Helen@adorama.com)
Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

RGF

• How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 05:41:11 PM »

I would like to have that option for anything that requires a signature.  I generally call FedEx (or go online) arrange this.

RGF

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
I'm struggling to just get in touch with Fedex regarding the destruction of a $3500 shipment from China.  I call every day, go thru their 5 minutes of inputting data, and get told that a claims adjuster will call back, but it never happens.

I have found FedEx to be much easier to deal with then UPS.  They have packages (1 day delivery) and simply said they don't know where it is and would not help get it the package at my next location

wtlloyd

• EOS 80D
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
So, FedEx stands behind the NRA, refusing to join other corporate leaders in advocating for safe and sane gun ownership rights.
How do ya'all feel about B&H now? Will this affect your buying choices in the future?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 08:57:28 AM »
So, FedEx stands behind the NRA, refusing to join other corporate leaders in advocating for safe and sane gun ownership rights.
How do ya'all feel about B&H now? Will this affect your buying choices in the future?

I don’t feel enough about that relationship to impact my purchasing decisions. I’ve got four packages from B&H via FedEx due tomorrow.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

ecqns

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2018, 08:04:38 PM »

Yes it matters to me, I plan on communicating this to FedEx and B&H. I can go locally to B&H or have gear shipped from nearby stores in NJ instead.

hbr

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2018, 08:28:12 PM »
What does Fedex and the NRA have to do with photography or Canon?

Brian

camerabug

• EOS Rebel 300D
  • 1D Mark IV
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 10:50:34 PM »
Two things may have changed matters with FedEx now becoming a primary. There was a major uproar around Christmas 2017 by consumers regarding late deliveries or packages that never made it to their doorstep. I was required to further research to see if others were having similar difficulties as myself. I was caught with B&H claiming my package was the responsibility of the UPS while UPS claimed the same with B&H.

I finally sorted the difficulties out finding that 2017 was a particularly bad year around Christmas. Seems a massive increase of online sales had paralyzed the courier companies but UPS was overloaded beyond belief.

Otherwise it's possible that a change may have taken place with rate increases and if I'm not mistaken, in general FedEx is slightly less expensive to ship.

I'll have to investigate whether you can sign up as a FedEx customer and route to terminal close by option. As a UPS (free) customer with login, I had that option in the past.

So far with a couple of orders from B&H it's been a win for myself. They come earlier in the day whereas the routing with UPS always put me much later in the afternoon/evening.
| 5D Mark III | 1D Mk IV |  EF 500mm F4  L I | EF 70-300mm F4/5.6 L | EF 70-200 F2.8 L II | EF 24-70 F2.8 L II | EF 16-35mm F2.8 L II | EF 100 L 2.8 Macro | EF 50mm F1.8 II |  2x 600EX-RT | Gitzo 3530LS |

RGF

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 11:05:32 PM »

Yes it matters to me, I plan on communicating this to FedEx and B&H. I can go locally to B&H or have gear shipped from nearby stores in NJ instead.

Will you cancel all your credit cards also.  They are accepted at nearly all gun shops.

RunAndGun

• EOS 80D
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 01:59:22 AM »

Not one tiny bit. Seriously? 

It's your right to do business with whomever you choose, or not for whatever reason you choose.

So, because a couple of corporations decided to pull a big PR stunt, and let's all be honest here because that's all it is, and "distance" themselves from the NRA and FedEx didn't, you want to not do business with another company that has nothing to do with it, just because they happen to do business with the company that didn't participate in it, too?  Why don't you ask Delta how turning their back on the NRA worked out for them?

I'm surprised you were able to type some of those words only using the left side of your keyboard.  I suppose you could have dictated to Siri...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 01:59:22 AM »