June 22, 2018, 05:30:51 PM

Author Topic: A7 III surfaces  (Read 5767 times)

Tugela

• EOS 5DS R
Re: A7 III surfaces
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 06:38:08 AM »

For me the M50 is a massive fail. If you are a consumer like myself, then the only real option is Sony and (to a lesser extent) Panasonic. Canon are not in the game at all.

Out of interest - you say the M50 is a 'massive fail'. What did you want to see in a camera at that price? A competitor to the A7Rii?

It is still an expensive camera, and can be compared to higher end fixed lens products that have superior capabilities, and have had superior capabilities for quite some time. When you arrive two years late to a party and are wearing fashion that went out of vogue last season, you are unquestionably a "fail".

Maybe Canon's long term plan is to be king of the bargain bin. Because that seems to be where they are heading.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 06:38:08 AM »

Tugela

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:01 AM »
While it obviously carries some of the usual Sony issues such as usability, color, EVF

What are these usual Sony issues? As an owner of an a7rIII and a7rII (used to have the a7r) I have not had these problems.

That is because you own a Sony. The people who have these "usual Sony issues" are those who own other cameras :)

The a7R III is not "Brand X", therefore it has the "usual Sony issues". That, basically, is their logic.

Mikehit

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 07:32:38 AM »
While it obviously carries some of the usual Sony issues such as usability, color, EVF

What are these usual Sony issues? As an owner of an a7rIII and a7rII (used to have the a7r) I have not had these problems.

That is because you own a Sony. The people who have these "usual Sony issues" are those who own other cameras :)

The a7R III is not "Brand X", therefore it has the "usual Sony issues". That, basically, is their logic.

Instead of making assumptions and creating straw men, why not ask the person who made the remark.

bwud

• EOS 80D
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 08:46:29 AM »

Instead of making assumptions and creating straw men, why not ask the person who made the remark.

Not sure why someone needs to be asked, the “usual issues” were stated in the original post.

Usability: if someone has only used previous generation Sony mirrorless cameras, they rightly may have been frusterated operating them. My A7Rii felt like it did everything it could to get in my way of shooting. Full disclosure, Nikons feel that way too, so my long time canon familiarity may be tilting that a bit. However, my A7Riii is mostly a joy to use. I don’t struggle making it do what I want it to. It’s a proper tool with few quirks. Sony has improved usability dramatically.

Color: if you prefer canon reddish tones (I typically do, again maybe due to my long time using canon cameras), AND if you only shoot jpeg, then color could be an issue.

EVF: if you don’t like looking at lit screens, MILC isn’t for you. It can be fatiguing.

dak723

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 08:50:38 AM »

Yes, consumers like you should buy a Sony.  For the 99% of consumers who understand that they definitely won't need 4K for their YouTube videos the M50 sounds ideal.  I plan on doing some how-to videos in the future and will definitely be looking at the M50.   

You mean all those consumers who will be buying large screen 4K TVs (as probably 95% of those who might buy a camera in this price range likely would, if they are in the market for a new TV) are going to be cool with something that shoots poor 4K? (and probably soft HD to boot)

Keep believing that.

People who shoot home video will want to watch that video on their new TV sets, and soft HD looks pretty terrible on a 65" 4K panel in comparison with 4K. They will see the difference immediately and will want proper 4K.

Obviously, you can't read very well.  I wrote about YouTube not watching video on TV.  For those that want to record in 4K so they can watch their videos on their 4K TVs, the M50 has 4K.  The fact that you are assuming that the 4k will look terrible and the HD will be soft only proves that you are being a troll.  And like all trolls, your opinion is BS and you should really go away.  And learn how to read.

BillB

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 09:01:19 AM »
Anybody that buys a camera because of a spec sheet is an idiot. Anybody that buys a Sony because of a headline spec sheet is even more stupid.

Yes, but you are informed.  Many, many consumers are not.

- A

Well, one question is how many people who buy cameras are informed.  Another question is how many people who are informed actually buy cameras.  How often does this endless wrangling over specs actually lead to a purchase?  Not so often is my guess.

jolyonralph

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Every Other Shot
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 08:18:10 AM »

You mean all those consumers who will be buying large screen 4K TVs (as probably 95% of those who might buy a camera in this price range likely would, if they are in the market for a new TV) are going to be cool with something that shoots poor 4K? (and probably soft HD to boot)

Keep believing that.

People who shoot home video will want to watch that video on their new TV sets, and soft HD looks pretty terrible on a 65" 4K panel in comparison with 4K. They will see the difference immediately and will want proper 4K.

These aren't the customers for the M50, which is a LOW END mirrorless camera.

Jolyon Ralph

Cameras: 5DSR, A7RII, 5D III, EOS M6/M5/M3, Mavic Pro, DXO One.  Oh, and more lenses than I care to count.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 08:18:10 AM »