June 22, 2018, 03:33:47 AM

Author Topic: Is there a better way to switch between BR strap and tripod?  (Read 3743 times)

Jim Saunders

• EOS 5DS R
    • HHA Photo
Re: Is there a better way to switch between BR strap and tripod?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 02:14:46 PM »
The one thing I can add to this discussion is that hanging a camera from a clamp on a strap is more comfortable given an L-bracket and the clamp on the side of the camera rather than the bottom.

Jim
A good image might fit entirely into the histogram, might not.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 02:14:46 PM »

-Gamer-

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 04:12:14 PM »
The Fusion Plate is exactly what you're looking for. I have the Manfrotto RC2 compatible Fusion Plate and love it, they also sell Arca-Swiss compatible plates too.

Here's their website- www.fpgear.com

bholliman

• EOS 5DS R
    • [color=blue]Flick[/color][color=red]r[/color]
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 04:13:14 PM »
Yes, it's called the Peak Design Slide.

Exactly. Peak Design’s straps really are at the top of the tree for practicality and versatility. My Holy-Grail like search for the perfect strap system was expensive and went across almost all of the main players plus a few you’ve likely never heard of, and finished when I got my first Peak Design Leash strap. I now have 3 Leash, Slide and Slide-Lite.

Difficulties in the move from strap to tripod or monopod are a distant memory.

-pw

+1  I love Peak Design's strap system, it allows for very quick/easy strap changes.  I have a slide I use for my 5DsR and a leash and cuff I used on my M5.  I have a Black Rapid curve strap I still use occasionally, but the PD straps are used 95% of the time.
5DsR, EF Lenses: 35mm f/2IS, Tamron 85mm f/1.8 VC, 300mm f/2.8L II IS, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-70mm f/2.8LII, 70-200mm f/2.8LII
M5, EF-M lenses: 22mm f/2, 18-150mm
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68928679@N05

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 01:56:39 AM »
The fusion arca plates (the ones that ryananthony posted a picture of) are AMAZING.  You can order them all on amazon.com (free fast shipping and all that), but here they all are:

https://fpgear.com/collections/fusion-plates

They come in 3 lengths, which is also great.  I own a half dozen of the medium (3.75") ones, several of the small ones, and two big ones.  On long lenses, the larger plates are great, because you can balance the lens (for example, on a monopod or gimbal).

Also, using a 3.75" or larger is nice on the tripod foot, because it turns into a nice handle for the camera.

They are also a very high quality construction, though equally expensive (I must have a $1,000 collection of them by now LOL.)

TheVirtualTim

• PowerShot SX60 HS
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
I use an AcraTech "Swift Clamp"

This is the product at the manufacturer's site but you can get it from the major camera stores.

https://www.acratech.net/quick-release-clamps/swift-clamps/

This allows me to leave whatever arca-swiss type mounting plate I want to use on the camera.  E.g. if you want to use an L-bracket ... you can do that because the Swift Clamp is the mounting saddle (you no longer use the tripod mounting bolt). 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »