April 24, 2018, 01:38:48 AM

Author Topic: Is Canon Pulling Out of Photokina 2018?  (Read 5298 times)

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
Re: Is Canon Pulling Out of Photokina 2018?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »
Announcement of an electronics show's new scheduling has morphed into a discussion of the sad phenomenon of associating ones own sense of self-worth with the brand of camera one owns.

How precarious to define a person based on corporate performance.  Even if you get the camera right by owning Canon, can you say the same for your automobile, your dishwasher, and your smart-phone?  They all have to be the best all the time, otherwise you must hang your head until you can make things right with the right purchase.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:36:00 AM by YuengLinger »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »

wilsberg

• Canonflex
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 09:10:26 AM »
I think, you can delete the rumor:
https://www.diyphotography.net/canon-elinchrom-and-profoto-rumoured-pulling-out-of-photokina-elinchrom-first-to-confirm/

has an update:
"Update – April 11th: Christoph Menke, director of Photokina has been in touch with DIYP to deny the rumours regarding Profoto and Canon. He confirms that both companies will be in attendance at Photokina 2018, and that Canon has committed to support Photokina in 2019 and 2020, as well."

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 09:03:42 PM »
I think, you can delete the rumor:
https://www.diyphotography.net/canon-elinchrom-and-profoto-rumoured-pulling-out-of-photokina-elinchrom-first-to-confirm/

has an update:
"Update – April 11th: Christoph Menke, director of Photokina has been in touch with DIYP to deny the rumours regarding Profoto and Canon. He confirms that both companies will be in attendance at Photokina 2018, and that Canon has committed to support Photokina in 2019 and 2020, as well."

I'm surprised if anyone actually believed that the rumor was true, but if CR does not report on a widely spread rumor, someone else would post it.

CanonFanBoy

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • I like cheap wine and even cheaper women.
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 02:34:26 AM »
Announcement of an electronics show's new scheduling has morphed into a discussion of the sad phenomenon of associating ones own sense of self-worth with the brand of camera one owns.

How precarious to define a person based on corporate performance.  Even if you get the camera right by owning Canon, can you say the same for your automobile, your dishwasher, and your smart-phone?  They all have to be the best all the time, otherwise you must hang your head until you can make things right with the right purchase.

Sad sign of the times, I'm afraid. "You are the logo you wear, carry, or drive." People are, or should be, deeper than that.

People should enjoy what they have and not worry that others might think it is behind somehow. Nobody could ever keep up with that and it makes for a very shallow and unhappy life.

These constant badgering cat calls, from people who probably aren't any good with their gear anyway, get really borish. They give no thought to the herculean efforts of minds far more capable than their own that design the tools they use.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:19:37 PM by CanonFanBoy »
5D Mark III, Canon EF 24-70 F/2.8L II, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 35 f/1.4L II, 135 f/2L, Streaklight 360ws, Flashpoint XPLOR 600PRO, 17x m42 screw mount lenses adapted to my DSLR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 02:34:26 AM »