Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

If 4k video in 5dx/5d3...

(1/4) > >>

marekjoz:
What if really one of 5d2 successors would provide 4k video? Would you like it? Do you use 4k video in your hobby/professional work?
I'd welcome it for one reason now: possibility to crop it to 1920/1080 and thus eliminating shake blurr shaking image almost without loosing quality. What do you think about it?

daveswan:
If it came in at a price I could contemplate £3k or under, then yes, I'd be in. And not just for cropping, but a down-sampling from 4k in a decent NLE (I run Avid MC6) could give pristine 1080p.

Other things would also have to be "right" DR, and cleanliness of the original footage

Minnesota Nice:
I film snowboarding, so having 4K or 1080p at 120fps would be nice.  60FPS is great for slowmotion but I'm always wishing I could slow it down even more.

benperrin:
I'm all for it. I would also like to see a faster framerate also. Something like 50/60p in 4k mode and 100/120p in 1080p sounds great! But mainly the moire and aliasing needs to be greatly reduced and more dynamic range and less noise. But you can't have it all...

tt:
Would people take 4K over 2K with a better bit rate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version