May 27, 2018, 06:15:30 AM

Author Topic: Tony Northrup Predicts The Upcoming Full Frame Mirrorless Offerings From Both Canon and Nikon  (Read 13717 times)

amorse

• EOS Rebel SL2
    • Flickr
The expression on his face as captured in the still is perfect for a "making predictions" article.
This nearly resulted in coffee coming out of my nose!

canon rumors FORUM

reef58

• EOS Rebel T7i
Seems every time Tony is mentioned there are a lot of personal attacks, but no replies of substance.  Pretty sad really.

chrysoberyl

• EOS 5DS R
  • 6D
Seems every time Tony is mentioned there are a lot of personal attacks, but no replies of substance.  Pretty sad really.

That's fair - I'll shut up.

KirkD

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • Invisible Attributes Clearly Seen
If they released a mirrorless version of the 5D IV (closest a7 III competitor) and priced it at $2000 to compete with the Sony A7 III, then the 5D IV DSLR and 6D II will nosedive in value.

Canon needs to forget about competing with its own cameras and start competing with other camera manufacturers such as Sony in the mirrorless department.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
If they released a mirrorless version of the 5D IV (closest a7 III competitor) and priced it at $2000 to compete with the Sony A7 III, then the 5D IV DSLR and 6D II will nosedive in value.

Canon needs to forget about competing with its own cameras and start competing with other camera manufacturers such as Sony in the mirrorless department.

Yes, because they are very unsuccessful at competition  ::) ::)

The posting here has become so idiotic with posters willfully ignoring facts it has become a bit of a joke, I hope it doesn't continue on this path.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

nchoh

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
So to those who don't like Tony Northrop, which YouTuber would you recommend that puts out Camera videos that are from a similar perspective as Tony Northrop? Similar perspective meaning, more tech talk and not just how to photograph pretty girls.

MartinF.

• PowerShot SX60 HS
All this talk about mirrorless requiring new mounts  - I simply cann't believe that Canon once again will change mount as we saw with the shift away from FD toward EF mount.
If they want to create lenses that take advantages of an empty mirrobox - would it not be possible to make a protruding rear lens element as on EF-S, but still create a FF image circle?
Of cause it will mean that the camera it self will still have a flange focal distance on 44mm, but I also believe that cameras you could mount a 70-200 or a 400 mm lens on - should not be too small.

canon rumors FORUM

edoorn

• EOS Rebel 300D
So basically Tony says a mirrorless would be an 'enthusiast' model, right? Does he mean something like a 6d-ish camera? That would piss off some pro's (lack of dual slot) so I'm not too sure. I'm quite sure they won't go all out with a 1dx-killer or something like that, but what it will be, is the question.

The latest rumour here mentioned  'prosumer' models in development, which sort of backs up Tony's theory, but what could we expect with that? Something like an a73? That, in fact, is more like a 5d than a 6d if you ask me, so I'm quite curious to see where it would land. For me personally, a very good evf, silent shutter, eye af and dual slots would be mandatory to make me get one.

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
So to those who don't like Tony Northrop, which YouTuber would you recommend that puts out Camera videos that are from a similar perspective as Tony Northrop? Similar perspective meaning, more tech talk and not just how to photograph pretty girls.

At least meaningless videos with pretty girls have pretty girls. Tony just has meaningless videos.

JBSF

• EOS Rebel 300D

Okay, I'll pick on Ken Rockwell instead.

bhf3737

• EOS Rebel T7i
  • ---

Canon USA: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvqs9r3h9dh87lRHSatDpNg
 ;D ;D ;D

nchoh

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II

At least meaningless videos with pretty girls have pretty girls. Tony just has meaningless videos.

I guess that you are one of those guys who know everything about photography, huh?

KirkD

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • Invisible Attributes Clearly Seen

Yes, because they are very unsuccessful at competition  ::) ::)
They aren't even in the competition yet when it comes to mirrorless cameras. I'm hoping they get in the game with the rumoured full frame mirrorless ones.

canon rumors FORUM

scottkinfw

• EOS 5DS R
  • Wildlife photography is my passion
    • www.kasden.smug.com
I didn't get past Tony Northrup.

I'm with you on that.
No cred.
Scott
Cameras: 1DXII,5D III, 5D II.  Lenses    24-70 2.8L II IS, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8.   Flashes: 600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT, 580 EX II.
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
I didn't get past Tony Northrup.

I'm with you on that.
No cred.
Scott

I skipped through the video... blah blah blah blah Dual pixel... blah blah blah Nikon Canon mount... 4k scaling... blah blah blah Sony... 20fps... blah blah blah blah Fuji

Worst prediction video ever, lol.

canon rumors FORUM