July 16, 2018, 12:36:19 AM

Author Topic: Sony is number one in the Chinese Full Frame market  (Read 2784 times)

Keith_Reeder

• EOS 7D Mark II
Re: Sony is number one in the Chinese Full Frame market
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 03:09:10 AM »
I know it’s too much for you and brainwashed Canon lovers to accept
You seem to be struggling with basic English here: it has been clearly explained to you that we use Canon because it does the job: how that can equate to being "brain washed" (except in the mind of a troll) is a mystery.

that  entry level a7 III is  too much for 6D II & 5D4.
Sony cameras are an ergonomic nightmare - I can only assume that you haven't actually used one yourself; or that your demands are very limited.

I wouldn't have one given, either. Especially if I had to match it with the Sony equivalent of my 500mm F/4 Mk II lens.

Oh, hang on a minute - there isn't one, is there? IBIS on 500mm is a joke...

It’s even more when we talk about a9, it makes your and my old 1dx look like S**** in most aspects of photography – AF points, fps, tracking.
But if a 1D-x does the job we need of it, the Sony spec list is an irrelevance, isn't it?

Since you and I are on A7III and Sony mirrorless, just want to remind you to change your bed sheets tomorrow norming because A7III/A9 is like fantasy bodies for Canon fanboy like you to dream of. Keep on drooling!
Let's see if you're as cocky when (not if) Sony pulls out of the camera business, eh?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 03:09:10 AM »

Woody

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 04:12:23 AM »
The a7III is the top selling ILC camera in Japan in May, so probably something similar is happening in China. It is not the "discounts" theory you keep pushing.

Depends on which website you look at.

You seriously believe what you posted?

An expensive FF camera (be it DSLR/MILC) sells better than a cheap entry-level camera?

Please....

From https://www.bcnretail.com/research/ranking/monthly/list/contents_type=101, for the month of May-2018, the top 3 bestselling ILCs are:

(1) Canon EOS Kiss X9
(2) Canon EOS Kiss X9i
(3) Canon EOS Kiss M

That looks a lot more credible, IMHO. It is consistent with Canon's worldwide market shares and the top selling cameras are all entry-level ones. Within the top 20 cameras for May 2018, Sony only has A6000 models in position 12 and 14 while Canon has 9 cameras up there.

scottkinfw

• EOS 5DS R
  • Wildlife photography is my passion
    • www.kasden.smug.com
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 07:19:18 AM »
The next time I am out shooting my Canon camera/lenses, I wont care about it anymore than I don't care about it now.
Cameras: 1DXII,5D III, 5D II.  Lenses    24-70 2.8L II IS, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8.   Flashes: 600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT, 580 EX II.
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 07:54:45 AM »
I know it’s too much for you and brainwashed Canon lovers to accept that  entry level a7 III is  too much for 6D II & 5D4. It’s even more when we talk about a9, it makes your and my old 1dx look like S**** in most aspects of photography – AF points, fps, tracking.

Since you and I are on A7III and Sony mirrorless, just want to remind you to change your bed sheets tomorrow norming because A7III/A9 is like fantasy bodies for Canon fanboy like you to dream of. Keep on drooling!

Last night, I had pleasant dreams about several things that are important in my life… The tools I use to take pictures don't make that list. 

It sounds like you're so emotionally attached to your tools that you sleep with your Sony camera.  You should be warned that the a7 series has notoriously poor moisture sealing around its base, so your nocturnal emissions on your camera's bottom may irreparably damage your bed partner. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M6, lots of lenses

Durf

• EOS M5
    • Durf's Journal - Photography Art
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 08:33:54 AM »
The next time I am out shooting my Canon camera/lenses, I wont care about it anymore than I don't care about it now.

I feel the same way when out shooting with my Canon gear.....the cameras feel great in the hand and I enjoy using them, I even love the sound of the mirror slappin!

It's actually rather ridiculous that those that hate Canon cameras are even on this forum; isn't that the definition of trolling?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:36:02 AM by Durf »
6D2 | 80D | T6i | 16-35mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 STM | Tamron SP 45mm & 85mm f/1.8  | 100mm f2.8L Macro | 70-300mm IS USM L | Sigma 150-600mm | 
Pentax K1000 | Vintage Glass: Takumar-Pentax-Helios |
www.DurfsJournal.com

Keith_Reeder

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
It sounds like you're so emotionally attached to your tools that you sleep with your Sony camera.
Defining yourself by your choice of camera really does suggest a personality which is fundamentally lacking in some pretty important ways.

There are far more important things to be emotionally invested in...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:04:28 AM by Keith_Reeder »

rrcphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »
Sony bought their way to the top in the US 2 years ago by offering huge discounts on trade-ins of any camera.  They cleared out inventory that would not sell.

Its possible that the same thing is being repeated in China, dumping inventory that no one wants at the typical Sony high prices.

Asian countries do appreciate smaller cameras, the Canon "M" series sells well there.
One of the reasons I expect to see a small Canon FF mirrorless body with a new lens mount is that Asian countries are driving new camera sales, and have so much more potential for even more sales.  The US and Europe are no longer the biggest markets.

The a7III is the top selling ILC camera in Japan in May

no it isn't.

not even close.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »
The a7III is the top selling ILC camera in Japan in May

no it isn't.

not even close.

Of course it’s not.  The top three ILCs in Japan in May were the SL2 (Kiss X9), the T7i (Kiss X9i), and the EOS M50 (Kiss M).

Tugela : facts  ::  oil : water. 

Or if you prefer plain English to analogies, Tugela doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about...ever.
EOS 1D X, EOS M6, lots of lenses

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
It sounds like you're so emotionally attached to your tools that you sleep with your Sony camera.
Defining yourself by your choice of camera really does suggest a personality which is fundamentally lacking in some pretty important ways.

There are far more important things to be emotionally invested in...

Wait--are you saying you don't sleep with yours?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »