April 18, 2014, 05:50:15 AM

Author Topic: One Week Away From FEBRUARY 28, 2012.  (Read 10285 times)

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: One Week Away From FEBRUARY 28, 2012.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 05:21:26 PM »
New camera or not, i have to agree it will be Feb 28 in a week. that is CR3 in my book.

I think we will see a new camera or 2 in the near future, 0-3 months.  It will be awesome, but will not outclass the 1DX, as a few people seem to be wishing for.  And My 5D2 is hanging tough in the mean time. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 05:21:26 PM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »
You know Canon probably have a few people dedicated in getting general feedback regarding their products watching internet forums blow up and speculation and hypothetical dates and such and they are sitting there just laughing their butts off.  I'm all in for this new product but until i see white paper on this product, I'm not getting hysterical yet. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »
You know Canon probably have a few people dedicated in getting general feedback regarding their products watching internet forums blow up and speculation and hypothetical dates and such and they are sitting there just laughing their butts off.  I'm all in for this new product but until i see white paper on this product, I'm not getting hysterical yet.

Maybe CR Guy is not publishing any specs because while testing it in Ecuador, he sees, that specs from rumors are not worth a thing? I assume he can't write anything what he's testing but what comes to his mailbox, he possibly could.

LOL :)
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »

Maybe CR Guy is not publishing any specs because while testing it in Ecuador, he sees, that specs from rumors are not worth a thing? I assume he can't write anything what he's testing but what comes to his mailbox, he possibly could.

1.  CR Guy does not get advance information or test cameras from Canon.

2.  He does get a lot of e-mailed rumors from peopole he does not know, and are just passing on something they read about.  These people are not in the know either.

3.  There is a third group, that have provided reliable information in the past, and may have access to information about new bodies.  He is extremely careful to protect these sources, and does not post anything that might identify them, if he does, they may lose their job.

4.  Mose CR3 rumors come from dealers or other reliable web sites that accidentally show information before they are supposed to.  These sources get shut down quickly, and do not get info in the future.  Do not expect CR3 info until someone gets careless and lets a web page go live.

Arkarch

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
Really anxious now that my 7D took a tripod dive in Durango over the weekend.  Its getting repaired but that will take weeks (Mack damage warranty pays off!)

Now I really feel the heat for a second camera.  Or actually my new primary if its a full frame. 

C'mon Canon, stop teasing us with blank stare and silence!  I know, we are doing this to ourselves... but it really becomes dire if we start seeing D800's on the Photo lines without a 5D upgrade equivalent in the pipe.

Feb 28?  March 1? 

April 1? 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:52:48 PM by Arkarch »
Landscape, Motorsports
5DIII, 7D, CPS Member
EF 300/2.8 II IS USM, ZE 21/2.8, ZE 50/2 ZE 100/2, TS-E 24/3.5, EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II, EF 24-105 IS f/4, TC 1.4 III, TC 2.0 III

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »

2.  He does get a lot of e-mailed rumors from peopole he does not know, and are just passing on something they read about.  These people are not in the know either.

3.  There is a third group, that have provided reliable information in the past, and may have access to information about new bodies.  He is extremely careful to protect these sources, and does not post anything that might identify them, if he does, they may lose their job.

4.  Mose CR3 rumors come from dealers or other reliable web sites that accidentally show information before they are supposed to.  These sources get shut down quickly, and do not get info in the future.  Do not expect CR3 info until someone gets careless and lets a web page go live.

@Scalesusa: I'm referring to jokes here, that CR Guy went testing new bodies. I'm pretty sure people didn't write it seriously, neiher did I. I am convinced that you are credible people and I appreciate this work you're doing here.
Sorry if my joke made you write this explanation.
There is only one week left, according to rumors about NDA's until March 2 and everybody's here hungry for some more information.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »

Sorry if I misunderstood.  There are posters who actually believe that CR Guy has inside information and is the source of the rumors, rather than a reporter.

We are all waiting to hear, then it gets boring for the next 3 or 4 years.

@Scalesusa: I'm referring to jokes here, that CR Guy went testing new bodies. I'm pretty sure people didn't write it seriously, neiher did I. I am convinced that you are credible people and I appreciate this work you're doing here.
Sorry if my joke made you write this explanation.
There is only one week left, according to rumors about NDA's until March 2 and everybody's here hungry for some more information.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »

scotthillphoto

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • Scott Hill Photography
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »
All in all there better be a 5D replacement with at least slightly better iso performance and a much better focus system and around 3 grand....
Bodies: Canon 7D and 5D Markiii - Lenses: 70-200 2.8L, 50 1.2L, 30 1.4, and 10-20 3.5 - Then flashes, strobes, stands, etc....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »