I have been with Canon for over 12 years. 100% Canon for over a decade. That being said, we are at the cross roads where dumping all of our Canon dslr gear. It would not mean much "loss" anyway since L can be sold easily and bodies are worn out anyway.
Of course, we have not pulled the trigger yet... awaiting what 1Dx and 5Dx/III have in store. We already know what Nikon has with high mpx D800 and high ido D4. Nothing is secret in Nikon's camp... high resolution outputs from D800 shows incredible detail and there are bunch of high ISO D4 files showing equal/better D3s performance! So, for us, Nikon is looking very good.
1Dx and 5Dwhatever are nowhere to be seen. Specs are everywhere! 1Dx is supposed to have incredible performance, but where are some high ISO samples?
In a nutshell, here are some points where Canon is getting beat pretty badly:
1. Dynamic Range: Both Nikon and Sony have eaten Canon alive in this. No comparison.
2. High ISO: Nikon is ahead... 1Dx was supposed to be promising, but where is the proof?
3. AF: Nikon AF is much better and much spread out to all of its pro and semi-pro models. Canon? Cripple everything.
4. Mpx: This is where Canon had advantage... not anymore!
5. Video: Again, Canon used to be the King, but with Clean Video... audio monitoring... Nikon is way ahead. I really doubt Canon would cannibalize its video division by giving these features in their dslrs.
Now please tell me why should sane people not "jump ship" to a BETTER system?