April 20, 2014, 09:55:03 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Until April/May?  (Read 5075 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Until April/May?
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »
Not shocking We’ve heard along with others that the Canon EOS-1D X may be delayed until April or May, 2012.

I don’t think anyone is too shocked by that, as I think there is a lot of software tweaking going on with the camera. I have yet to hear any issues with manufacturing.

The camera has also disappeared on some store web sites when you search for it.

c

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterMixxTechnoratiFacebookNews VineRedditLinkedInYahoo! Bookmarks
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Until April/May?
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »

alipaulphotography

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Until April/May?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
Still in time for Olympics and wedding season. Just means people will have less time to get used to a new camera.

Better to get it right than to rush it.

mathino

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:04:28 AM »
I have heard that already in December or so. At one Canon event with our major Canon sellers here in Slovakia the presenter said it will not come until April.
6D (on the way) | 450D | EF 28 f/1.8 USM | EF 40 f/2.8 STM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | 430 EX II | wishlist: EF 24-70 f/2.8 L II USM, EF 135 f/2 L

Maui5150

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »
Not a bad thing.  Sounds to me like they are hammering some things out like F/8 AF so would rather see a complete camera released than a Beta with 2 firmware updates in the first month

Rex Canon Shooter

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »
Not a bad thing.  Sounds to me like they are hammering some things out like F/8 AF so would rather see a complete camera released than a Beta with 2 firmware updates in the first month

+1  Id rather have them delay it a little longer and get it right!

TMan

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »
This camera is way above my price range and therefore its delay has no impact on me.  It just excites me that Canon has a camera that matches/exceed Nikon. 
But what was the point of announcing it so early?  Would it not have been better to first attend to the software tweaks or whatever is causing the delay first?

nightbreath

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »
We’ve heard along with others that the Canon EOS-1D X may be delayed until April or May, 2012.

I don’t think anyone is too shocked by that, as I think there is a lot of software tweaking going on with the camera. I have yet to hear any issues with manufacturing.

The camera has also disappeared on some store web sites when you search for it.

Some people believe the delay is caused by problematic supplies for camera development. It seems also that camera disappeared from different web-sites, because pre-order limit has been reached.
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »
Not good news for people who are hoping for 5D3 this spring.

If the 1DX gets delayed, what do u think will happen to the 5D3?.. Yeah..

cfargo

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
At WPPI, I was told that because of the delay we will be seeing the 24-70 before the 1Dx instead of after.

RafaPolit

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »
I think its kind of a silly marketing strategy to announce a product, get all the customers excited about it, and then throw a brick to their faces telling them 'no, you won't get your new toy... its been delayed'  :o.

I don't mind them announcing things a year ahead, but tell the availability to when it will actually be available and not get into a habit of delaying every single item you have to sell... Canon has delayed all announced lenses and now cameras.  I understand last year was really tough, but at what point do you get it finally right?

As said here, this camera is completely out of my price range, so this has little impact on me, but its the business model that I don't agree with.

Best regards,
Rafa.

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
This is pushing it. They should not have announced so early. They should have waited till January for an announcement for sure. This is really bad for marketing and i'm sure a huge let down for all those who pre-ordered

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
Dear Canon,

Hurry up, my wedding season is already in full swing and I'd like to use your latest tech.

Thank you.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

frisk

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
Now...I'm wondering...some of the customers for this camera are professional photographers covering the 2012 Olympics.  I assume they want the camera a bit in advance - I wouldn't want to go to something like that with a camera I was not thoroughly familiar with.

The 2012 Olympics start on July 27th...So, from the perspective of a customer like that - when has the camera to be available at the latest?  Is April/May enough ?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
Now...I'm wondering...some of the customers for this camera are professional photographers covering the 2012 Olympics.  I assume they want the camera a bit in advance - I wouldn't want to go to something like that with a camera I was not thoroughly familiar with.

The 2012 Olympics start on July 27th...So, from the perspective of a customer like that - when has the camera to be available at the latest?  Is April/May enough ?

If they get a camera on say April 27, they will have three months to use it.  That seems like quite enough for a pro.  Most of the Pros using the demos learned in 3 days or less.  Even a month is far more than needed.

The thing to be concerned about is the spare batteries.  When I got my 5D MK II, Canon had yet to start shipping spare batteries.  It took a month to get that second battery.

In any event, Canon will take good care of Olympics photographers.  They will have lenses and bodies to hand out like candy to the pros.

DzPhotography

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
This is pushing it. They should not have announced so early. They should have waited till January for an announcement for sure. This is really bad for marketing and i'm sure a huge let down for all those who pre-ordered
They probably wanted to announce it before Nikon D4, which will, by the way, also not reach it's announced launch date. Again, I find it a good idea to get all bugs out before launch, otherwise they might get not so good reviews and that's nefast ;)
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »